Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

MY TRANSMISSION REPAIR 8hp90

OP
hellno

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #741
sounds like speedy still watching from the porch:LOL::ROFLMAO:

OP
hellno

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #742
@Hpindy all I can say is this

FFBOS

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mount Prospect
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
Gotcha, is there a thread on suspension mods? I need to go search I guess. I've not gotten to the point of spinning the ET Rs yet, but all I've used thus far is my 93 tune and my very first baby race gas tune.

I ran slicks for a long time and like the ET Rs better, but I didn't have any issues getting down the track on the slicks. The ET Rs just feel more stable and I've had better 60s as well like .05 better thus far. Not a huge difference, but a difference just the same.
Cradle lockout is a must I believe for longevity of drivetrain.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Found some info, adjustable arms are out for me. Sounds like they ruin the ride and I spend more time on the street so it'll just be what it be on mine.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Found some info, adjustable arms are out for me. Sounds like they ruin the ride and I spend more time on the street so it'll just be what it be on mine.

Speedy
I have the cradle lock out kit in mine ( all this season) I noticed zero difference on the street but a big difference on the track . Excellent upgrade .
I too drive my car a lot ( 10,000 miles a year) so I won't sacrifice street manners either . I will be testing some adjustable control arms next season so I will give you my street review .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

FFBOS

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mount Prospect
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
I can give you a street review. I noticed almost no change with the cradle lockout on the street. Arms stiffened up the rear quite a bit, but doesn’t bother me at all. I daily drive the car. Big plus is setting camber closer to zero for the rear tires.

Just locked out the cradle and put Nigel’s toe arms on.
E3D3D34D-1BDD-48D4-968F-B3455FB837E0.jpeg EED25E28-AA1C-415B-B91F-ED3B0871E0EF.jpeg

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Speedy
I have the cradle lock out kit in mine ( all this season) I noticed zero difference on the street but a big difference on the track . Excellent upgrade .
I too drive my car a lot ( 10,000 miles a year) so I won't sacrifice street manners either . I will be testing some adjustable control arms next season so I will give you my street review .

What difference did you notice on the track with the cradle lock out kit. Install looks like a PITA LOL.

zhc

Founding Member
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Hellcat
What difference did you notice on the track with the cradle lock out kit. Install looks like a PITA LOL.
If you think that’s bad, check out the instructions for the solid aluminum bushings.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
No squirming in the rear . I'd say the rear cradle can move around about 1/4 inch . The lock out kit keeps it square . But on the street the rubber is still there to absorb the vibrations .

It's pretty easy to install . The worst part is getting the limiting plate off the front of the cradle . But do as the instructions say and drill it ( I used a small bit to make a pilot hole then went with the bigger bit ) . Once you split it , it will pry right off . The rest is pretty straight forward .

You could always wait till challenger fest and I will do it for you right in the paring lot !

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
No squirming in the rear . I'd say the rear cradle can move around about 1/4 inch . The lock out kit keeps it square . But on the street the rubber is still there to absorb the vibrations .

It's pretty easy to install . The worst part is getting the limiting plate off the front of the cradle . But do as the instructions say and drill it ( I used a small bit to make a pilot hole then went with the bigger bit ) . Once you split it , it will pry right off . The rest is pretty straight forward .

You could always wait till challenger fest and I will do it for you right in the paring lot !

Now we're talking, I'll have a cold one and watch LOL. I know what you're talking about with the squirming, I feel that on the track and the street when power is first applied.

OP
hellno

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #751
hpindy mobile auto repair

FFBOS

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mount Prospect
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
Now we're talking, I'll have a cold one and watch LOL. I know what you're talking about with the squirming, I feel that on the track and the street when power is first applied.
Completely ignore the instructions lol. I have a little instruction write up that made it easy if you want it just PM me.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Exactly. That will be eliminated . I call it torque shift . I will to let you take my car for a spin to see the difference.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Completely ignore the instructions lol. I have a little instruction write up that made it easy if you want it just PM me.
Either way it is a pretty easy install and worth the price of admission.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
hpindy mobile auto repair
Except you ...... I charge you extra.

FFBOS

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mount Prospect
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
Either way it is a pretty easy install and worth the price of admission.

Agreed

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Speedy, the addition of control arms like the AAD units with two upgraded poly bushings on each side don't effect the ride as much as the other adjustable control arms with the one end similar to a helm joint. I like the ride of the car for the street. I need to adjust for the road track running, and need my rear end tightened, for different reasons (negative camber), but want a good compromise because I bought this great car to ride on the street also. Also, the Whiteline polyurethane cradle bushing kit (I have used before and it is my garage to be put on the RE) is less harsh than a solid bushing, but provides a near "as good" compromise for the cradle bushings to get rid of the softness that begins wheel hop for all of us.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Huh

OP
hellno

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #759
I had
a deal to do a new transmission and was going to share what the clutch pack clearance was in a new unit but the deal in the new unit did not happen

OP
hellno

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #760

this is Incase you buy a used assy and you can swap your Valvebody over so you don’t have to program it guess I need to make a video of how to swap just the tcm which is actually fairly easy

Last edited: