Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

My New PB

OP
Mean Cat

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #41
DUHH. Sorry, Guess that's why no response from 16GomangoHC2. LOL. I am not worthy!
No worries , I miss read stuff all the time.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
DUHH. Sorry, Guess that's why no response from 16GomangoHC2. LOL. I am not worthy!
No, the old fart was sleeping already lol
Yes, 18 psi in the tires, depending on DA making about 16-16.3 psi max boost
Yea, some 18’s and bias ply slicks would definitely lower my 60 but my quest has always been run at the track same as I do on the street. I find these just about bald 05R’s hook better then when they where new, even on the street as I’m doing consistent 11.3-11.5 on unprepared surface without work, just as long as there’s not even dew on the road let alone water lol
Not buying new ones until spring, want as fresh of rubber as possible.
BTW, I have run the MT’s in 275/40-20 street SS et’s but didn’t have much luck with them, their still mounted on the oem rims with about 50% thread on them, they just ball up on me and then it’s like launching on marbles.

OP
Mean Cat

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #43
No, the old fart was sleeping already lol
Yes, 18 psi in the tires, depending on DA making about 16-16.3 psi max boost
Yea, some 18’s and bias ply slicks would definitely lower my 60 but my quest has always been run at the track same as I do on the street. I find these just about bald 05R’s hook better then when they where new, even on the street as I’m doing consistent 11.3-11.5 on unprepared surface without work, just as long as there’s not even dew on the road let alone water lol
Not buying new ones until spring, want as fresh of rubber as possible.
BTW, I have run the MT’s in 275/40-20 street SS et’s but didn’t have much luck with them, their still mounted on the oem rims with about 50% thread on them, they just ball up on me and then it’s like launching on marbles.
What tire pressure are you running the SS's on ?....I didn't have that issue on mine.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Tried 15 to 30, never could get them to really hook well, especially on the street, street use really ate them up. The Nitto’s seem to hold up better (for me at least) and give me good results both on and off the track. Part of my goal, to not really have to change anything going from street to track and back. I can live with a 10.7 second track and 11.3 second street car not having to do anything but put gas in it and drive it. (Well maybe air the tires back up to the 26 psi I run them on the street with but that’s tolerable)

OP
Mean Cat

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #45
Tried 15 to 30, never could get them to really hook well, especially on the street, street use really ate them up. The Nitto’s seem to hold up better (for me at least) and give me good results both on and off the track. Part of my goal, to not really have to change anything going from street to track and back. I can live with a 10.7 second track and 11.3 second street car not having to do anything but put gas in it and drive it. (Well maybe air the tires back up to the 26 psi I run them on the street with but that’s tolerable)
On my SS's , I run 26psi at track & as long as the prep is good they will dead hook , 32psi on street , I think the difference is M6 vs. A8.

OP
Mean Cat

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #46
I got the SS's off yesterday & I'm on the 305 / 17 R's on now & gonna see how they do this Friday night , DA & temps are not gonna be as good as last Friday night so we'll see ? [clap]

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Yea, Manual not as easy to get a repeatable launch as an auto, what you gain for play on the street you pay for at the track :(