Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Mirror Tap Kit

Trader history for Diboblo (1)

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
Ever need a 5 volt power source, for your windshield, or mirror mount accessories? Not into hacking wires?

Well... I've whipped up just the thing. It's a 12 to 5 volt, 3 amp mirror tap. This thing is 97% efficient and fits inside the mirror mount housing. It's about the size of a nickel, with wires soldered to it.

I can outfit it with micro-USB, mini-USB, or USB-C (depending on your accessory needs).

Connects to the mirror 12 volt switched power line and outputs a reliable 5 volts.

Included is the power tap kit and clear instructions on how to connect your wires.

Don't want to run a power adapter, for your phone? Use this kit, attached to the dash power port wires, and run the usb cable discreetly to your phone... and still have the power port, for other things... or nothing plugged in, for a clean look.

I'm using this kit to power my GoPro Session, mounted next to my rearview mirror. Works like a champ.

COST: $20 shipped, within the CONUS.

1 week lead time, until I can stock up on some USB varieties.

PM for payment & ordering info.

Bob
Riverside, California

landoawd

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hillsborough
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Oooh, no more wires to the trunk for my camera...I may be in. I see spade connectors, and have not been inside the housing; how plug & play?

OP
Diboblo

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA