Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Just when you think you have the baddest car on the block as usual the T enters the picture

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Yeah yeah I know it’s just to 60 mph so why didn’t the article highlight the true fastest car? I mean how about the 1/4 and 1/2 mile times? Cause that would be too damn easy which would knock the T off the first place. So you gotta wonder about these auto journalists spraying the MUSK COLOGNE. I think it’s effected their car sense to perfume sense.
https://www.motortrend.com/news/quickest-cars-motortrend-2019/

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Motor Trend is just another liberal rag. I never read fake news.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
They must be getting held back by the A8. Or talent.

Av8ing1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Marcos
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
That thing is crazy fast though...imagine if it had a manual trans!

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
mines does 0-60 in 2.0 seconds testla can just watch my ass go byby

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392
and then when you need to charge a long way from home, you ain't going anywhere as fast ...

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye Octane Red
Yeah yeah I know it’s just to 60 mph so why didn’t the article highlight the true fastest car? I mean how about the 1/4 and 1/2 mile times? Cause that would be too damn easy which would knock the T off the first place. So you gotta wonder about these auto journalists spraying the MUSK COLOGNE. I think it’s effected their car sense to perfume sense.
https://www.motortrend.com/news/quickest-cars-motortrend-2019/
Two things come to mind when I read stuff like this....

#1... there will always be something coming out in the future that is bigger, faster, etc. etc. than what we have today. What is the hottest thing today, will be ho hum before you know it. [sad]

#2... what is it about lightening that really attracts you to it. Is it just the flash, or is it the boom, or is it the streak of the bolt across the sky?
OR... the events that lead up to it, such as a soft or loud buzzing, clicking, hissing or cracking sound, or tingling sensation, or the hairs on your arms or head standing on end?

I contend that although the electrified vehicles are crazy fast, they don't bring the physical stimulus to the car enthusiast to truly enjoy the driving experience.

Tesla has the lightening without the flash, boom, and all the other physical things that bring a smile to the Hellcat owner's face. Just pushing the start button and feeling the rumble of the motor makes the driver giggly... [giddy]
Might as well have a scrolling message on your dash display saying, "HOLD ON TO YOUR ASS, THIS IS GOING TO BE FUN"... [giddy]

A Tesla will not produce the same driver and vehicle interaction. If your desire is to have the quickest 0-60 time, buy a Tesla and next year or in the near future, it will not be the quickest any longer. [:(]

BUT, the smile will be permanent on the Hellcat owner's face just thinking about driving it. [biggrin] [biggrin] [biggrin] [biggrin] [biggrin] [biggrin]

Last edited:

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
and then when you need to charge a long way from home, you ain't going anywhere as fast ...

Ok.....I'm going to ask a serious question because I know there are a few here that own/drive Tesla's. Do these cars have a built in solar charging panel on the roof so that they can charge wherever they are (I understand that it wouldn't be the fastest way to charge), or....is the only way to charge them to plug in at a suitable charging station?

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye Octane Red
Ok.....I'm going to ask a serious question because I know there are a few here that own/drive Tesla's. Do these cars have a built in solar charging panel on the roof so that they can charge wherever they are (I understand that it wouldn't be the fastest way to charge), or....is the only way to charge them to plug in at a suitable charging station?
Why am I now envisioning a solar panel strapped to the top of Tesla like a bed mattress zipping down the highway? :LOL:

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Don't believe they do...but not sure.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Why am I now envisioning a solar panel strapped to the top of Tesla like a bed mattress zipping down the highway? :LOL:
Yeah....like the idiots around here coming back from Value City Furniture with one wrap of twine holding it on.....

Seriously though.....I've seen various stories about some of these electric cars having a solar panel contoured into the roof as part of the roof. I think Toyota was trying it a few years ago. What I don't understand about the Tesla, is why they don't have an alternate way of charging via a small engine like hybrids do to charge the batteries. I figured that by now Elon would've figured out a way to have another means to charge the car like a solar panel in the roof, hood, etc.

Av8ing1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Marcos
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
The amount of solar panels that would be required to add any significant charge to a Tesla's battery pack would definitely not fit on its roof. Some auto roof solar setups are used to run a small fan in order to help keep the cabin cooler while parked. That is about all your going to get from something of that size.
A few articles:
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/28/tes...-on-cars-its-not-stopping-toyota-hyundai.html
https://qz.com/1482588/why-teslas-dont-and-cant-have-solar-roofs/

Last edited:

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
The amount of solar panels that would be required to add any significant charge to a Tesla's battery pack would definitely not fit on its roof. Some auto roof solar setups are used to run a small fan in order to help keep the cabin cooler while parked. That is about all your going to get from something of that size.
A few articles:
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/28/tes...-on-cars-its-not-stopping-toyota-hyundai.html
https://qz.com/1482588/why-teslas-dont-and-cant-have-solar-roofs/
Cool, thanks!
I was pretty sure that I wasn't crazy remembering Tesla taking about it and Toyota too. Of course, that doesn't diminish any amount of crazy I might have otherwise....there...beat you to it @OBC :)
I have a friend in California that has been working with super capacitors as a way to get cars initially moving, then they would switch over to the batteries. This is supposed to reduce the high draw on the batteries during the first few seconds.

Last edited:

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Glad to see sumtin on the C8.

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
I personally can’t see how If you are a car enthusiast that you can even drive a testla , I’m speaking of my generation , I have driven them and they lack the feel of a real car , I hope they all become defective and breakdowns and fires , not to mention driving around in a car with electrical waves pulsing they your body , what about cancer , frankly scares the shit out of me , I breath exhaust for a living maybe it will catch up with me but I won’t ever own an electric vehicle

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I personally can’t see how If you are a car enthusiast that you can even drive a testla , I’m speaking of my generation , I have driven them and they lack the feel of a real car , I hope they all become defective and breakdowns and fires , not to mention driving around in a car with electrical waves pulsing they your body , what about cancer , frankly scares the shit out of me , I breath exhaust for a living maybe it will catch up with me but I won’t ever own an electric vehicle
hahahahahahaaaaaaa.......the images of that brought out the demonic side of me.
is this what you had in mind:
giphy (13).gif

or this:

rdwar.gif

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Hellcat Challenger
Open the rear of one. enough space for two sets of Golf clubs and your ice chest. Electric Liberal Junk. Just a fancy golf cart.

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
I am not going to give a thought to Tesla unless they somehow start actually gaining market share (right now they just keep reselling to the early adopters, no new traction beyond that), and somehow turn that multi-billion dollar per year losing company into a profitable one? HAHAHA I won't hold my breath!