Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

It Has To End Eventually I Guess

Member ID
Reactions
City
LI
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Toyota Tacoma
But why do they have to start effing with the performance car segment? Why have us be the lab mice? Have them electrify the boring crossovers, those people don't like driving as it is. They use cars as tools not as a way to have fun and relax or to unrelax. They'll be happy to drive around in a sterile Tylenol/Advil capsule. And the money will be more profitable too. Currently I see nothing but negatives with this EV plague.

1. The replacement of battery packs, Google quotes Musks $3000-$7000 figure but there have already been recorded instances that the Tesla Model 3 battery will cost around $16,000 to be replaced, and a Model S $22,500.
2. The right to repair, where you wont be able to do a damn thing to "your car/capsule" without voiding the warranty.
3. The spyware the capsule will come with to enforce the "agreement of ownership."
4. I imagine once they figure out that full self driving mode they'll black out all your windows and flash commercials and adds at you as you "drive" to your destination. (well maybe I'm getting a bit ahead of myself here.)
5. The many other privacy issues that will be no doubt discussed further down the road as these capsules become smarter and more tailored to each individual. Like your stupid phone is doing right now.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
How about both, belt and turbos, compound boost. But on a serous note I only say twin turbos with electric motors, for the reason of far less parasitic drag. They can spool up incredibly fast, less heat especially because of electric servo, far less heat transfer from housing. Less weight over all, mechanically more stable, finally no shock inertia on everything rotating, impeller to crank. I still dream of Hellaphant blower, aluminum 426 block though. Tell ya what Bull I agree, make both available to us to test pilot and be the judge. I’ll take one of each flavor to try.

Last edited:

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
But why do they have to start effing with the performance car segment? Why have us be the lab mice? Have them electrify the boring crossovers, those people don't like driving as it is. They use cars as tools not as a way to have fun and relax or to unrelax. They'll be happy to drive around in a sterile Tylenol/Advil capsule. And the money will be more profitable too. Currently I see nothing but negatives with this EV plague.

And far more room, and weight capacity, for the battery as well.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Yep, that's where it starts, at the movies & internet to see what kind of a push back or back lash they get to move forward slowly & then suddenly it's here one day & it's over they got us & no turning back at some point.
At least I won't be around to see this documentary happen...well I could be wrong on that:unsure:

OP
McLovin

McLovin

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Syracuse
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #25
My post info was from Tim K., you know…the Dodge brand CEO? from him.
...and my quote was of MJS73's post due to him somehow equating Tim K to that infantile dipshit he posted a pic of...not you.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
At least I won't be around to see this documentary happen...well I could be wrong on that:unsure:

I think we're living to see that now, most of our political / government leaders are dumbasses or don't care that their running this country in the ground.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I readily concede that modern turbo setups are more efficient, but damn it, I'm a mechanical guy, I'll still take a belt and screws over turbos any day of the week.

I don't know.
Turbo whistles, the bov releasing excess air, the wastegate popping and dumping exhaust and spitting fire.
Not to mention the burble at idle.

Turbos are pretty damn cool sounding in their own right. If you don't muffle them

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I will resist the EV movement for a long time.
Probably the rest of my life.

I won't mind having one to daily, but if i can get my hands on gas, i will have it.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I don't know.
Turbo whistles, the bov releasing excess air, the wastegate popping and dumping exhaust and spitting fire.
Not to mention the burble at idle.

Turbos are pretty damn cool sounding in their own right. If you don't muffle them

I can't argue that, I've even owned a turbo in the past, but I still like the grunt of the supercharger. 'Call me flawed... ; )

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
I'll image0 - Copy.jpeg just hang on to my pair.

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8
The new Tornado twin turbo inline 6 is being tested now in the new Jeeps. They are making good power according to my sources.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black

1. The replacement of battery packs, Google quotes Musks $3000-$7000 figure but there have already been recorded instances that the Tesla Model 3 battery will cost around $16,000 to be replaced, and a Model S $22,500.
2. The right to repair, where you wont be able to do a damn thing to "your car/capsule" without voiding the warranty.
3. The spyware the capsule will come with to enforce the "agreement of ownership."
4. I imagine once they figure out that full self driving mode they'll black out all your windows and flash commercials and adds at you as you "drive" to your destination. (well maybe I'm getting a bit ahead of myself here.)
5. The many other privacy issues that will be no doubt discussed further down the road as these capsules become smarter and more tailored to each individual. Like your stupid phone is doing right now.
Regarding battery replacement. I agree with the numbers quoted above. Consider that to replace a 6.7 Powerstroke at the dealer is a $20k job too. Neither of these things happens very often, but when they do they sting.

I’d argue that battery’s and motors have come a long way in the last decade. Case in point - Tesla Plaid and Roman Nevera. The motor in the Tesla is an all new design, and their batteries we that of a Sci-fi 10 years ago.
Is it enough? No. But it’s progress.
I think our coal batteries will be around for a while.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Agree. Kinda like they did with the Ram 1500 'Classic'.
Well, that is still being produced.

I was thinking more along the lines of what VW did with the TDI in 2006-2007.
2007 the new Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel was coming out and VW didn't have an engine to meet the new CAFE/CARB requirements.
So instead of making a 2007 model, they called them 2006.5 and renamed them TDI Editions or something stupid like that and kept selling them under the old requirements.

In 2008, their new TDI motor was ready.

Dodge could totally do something like that to keep the gravy train flowing. BUT they need to be able to make the cars. I am still concerned the chip shortage will be a problem throughout all of 2022.

Geerhed

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Beaver
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 WB Hellcat Charger
Well guys now I hate to be a negative downer, but many of us got see our great country and live in it and serve it during its prime and ours! We will enjoy the Hellcats and what time we have left with all the fuel we can burn since we won't be here much longer to see what the dummies who is running our country in the dirt will be doing next in their long line of failures! Wish we had power to change things with all we have learned in life but when you get older all just ignores ones aging weakness while the ones who ages enjoys the strengths from the ages!

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
I will resist the EV movement for a long time.
Probably the rest of my life.

I won't mind having one to daily, but if i can get my hands on gas, i will have it.
I think I would want Hellcat gas power to the back with electric to the front if I were to go a different route, got to ease into this new shit easy ya know. It’s the only way what’s so ever I could entertain the thought of hybrid At this point and time.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Well, that is still being produced.

I was thinking more along the lines of what VW did with the TDI in 2006-2007.
2007 the new Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel was coming out and VW didn't have an engine to meet the new CAFE/CARB requirements.
So instead of making a 2007 model, they called them 2006.5 and renamed them TDI Editions or something stupid like that and kept selling them under the old requirements.

In 2008, their new TDI motor was ready.

Dodge could totally do something like that to keep the gravy train flowing. BUT they need to be able to make the cars. I am still concerned the chip shortage will be a problem throughout all of 2022.
Boris I agree with most of your point of views but as far as VW taking a massive shit on this country by wanting all the zip and performance yet not meeting emissions and setting pcm to lie just to make HUGE money. How’s the largest criminal fine in history to the tune of 2.8 Billion sound. Yup thats a capital “B” that VW worked real hard to get. With 11 million rigged cars across the world And about 500,000 in America. We are now dimming the lights again like in1971on ice power just few short years after 2017 fine ruling. I will say at least our ice cars make insane power and did it with ball busting oversight of EPA regulations. Perhaps we would would be enjoying more outrageous power by now if it weren’t for a shit turd foreign company doing stuff like that antagonizing the EPA cart. Just my point of view towards VW not you bro.
I don’t care if they bolt a 160 million HP EPA compliant Saturn 5 Rocket to their car they lost me. I do own an American diesel truck & love the Torque that was EPA compliant at the same time. I also enjoy your posts, not being critical on you man. Just stating my distrust and anger towards VW causing EPA to be even more controlling because of that exact kind off thing.
Guess everyone knows how I feel towards Jokes Wagon. They really took it to the limits. 11,500,000 cars, if America did that the world would be looking for our heads. Oh wait they already are.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
This is the second time in my life that muscle cars were killed.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
It ain’t over till it’s over the high octane fuel can is 1/2 full.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I wood have voted on some better pictures. They suck. Best they got?? The high performance piece of the apple pie. Is small compaired to the general pubic's. Japan and China can't produce enough plastic wall mounts for the 1 st yearr supply,, Copper, SS, ect. I lived in the great city of Chattanooga for 23 ears and they, city, came out with propained engines for public transportation. So far ahead of their times,,, junked in 5 years. Terrible loss.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
If Dodge is smart, they would build a large surplus of Hellcats and Scat Packs and sell them well into 2025 maybe even 26 as people realize this HP war is over.
They already mention dealer inventory in there so it pretty
Clear they're not dumping them at sea after X date.