Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Interchiller Kits

WOHT

U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lancaster
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge Challenger SRT
I’d like to get some feedback about the different interchiller kits are on the market. Thanks

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.
What would u like to know? There is only two that I am aware of. Interchiller and Ripatuned but the Ripatuned is for the Trackhawk not sure if they have adapted one for the Hellcat yet. The Ripatuned one is just a copy of the Interchiller with a fancy chiller that is plug and play.

Its more about getting it to fit properly then anything else. Its basic parts but I can tell that Interchiller went thru many upgrades to get to the current one they have that works so good. It not just lines and a chiller bro.

Just piecing together parts isnt gonna make it as effecient as one that has been thru R&D. Thats fact! Just getting it to WORK wont cut it bro. Plenty of been there and done that. Chiller-Killer is a perfect example of a company trying to capitolize on it and it being a complete nitemare for everyone who bought it.

Do u have something different u have designed and tested?

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
IC Chiller is the one I went with, they have fantastic support and the easiest install of them all. no cutting of your factory AC lines.

https://icchiller.com/

OP
W

WOHT

U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lancaster
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge Challenger SRT
Thread Starter #4
What would u like to know? There is only two that I am aware of. Interchiller and Ripatuned but the Ripatuned is for the Trackhawk not sure if they have adapted one for the Hellcat yet. The Ripatuned one is just a copy of the Interchiller with a fancy chiller that is plug and play.

Its more about getting it to fit properly then anything else. Its basic parts but I can tell that Interchiller went thru many upgrades to get to the current one they have that works so good. It not just lines and a chiller bro.

Just piecing together parts isnt gonna make it as effecient as one that has been thru R&D. Thats fact! Just getting it to WORK wont cut it bro. Plenty of been there and done that. Chiller-Killer is a perfect example of a company trying to capitolize on it and it being a complete nitemare for everyone who bought it.

Do u have something different u have designed and tested?
Did you buy an aftermarket interchiller kit, and if so, which one?

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
FI just came out with a plug and play kit last month. No cutting of AC lines

OP
W

WOHT

U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lancaster
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge Challenger SRT
Thread Starter #6
With any interchiller kit, you either have to cut ac lines, or remove them to install premade ac lines. Either way, you still have to legally evacuate the ac system with the proper evac unit, or have an ac shop do it for you, install or cut ac lines, rewire your ac pressure switch by extended it to a farther location (in most cases) drill holes into your crash bar to mount the interchiller, drill holes into your crash bar to mount your dryer, and so on. Once everything is installed, you have to either have the equipment to pull a vacuum on the ac system to check for leaks (stage 2 vacuum pump preferably), and then have a manifold gauge to charge the ac system to the correct amount of refrigerant. NOTHING IS PLUG AND PLAY. There is time consuming work to install your own interchiller kit. And, if you are not mechanically inclined, you just might not do the install correctly, which leads me to the next thing. If you go to an ac shop for them to install it, and they do not have experience with interchiller installations, then you are risking your very precious Challenger/Charger/TRX Ram/ or any other vehicle to that particular shop. If you think it’s really a plug and play kit, you are completely fooling yourself. I do not mean to insult you, but to provide you with facts. Hope this helps explain the process of installing any interchiller kit.

OP
W

WOHT

U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lancaster
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge Challenger SRT
Thread Starter #7
I just searched up this online this morning, right after I posted a reply to yours. If you do not believe me, just search online your yourself:
“While R-1234yf oils are backwards compatible with R-134a systems, R-134a PAG oils are not compatible with R-1234yf systems”.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
if you’re installing this kit yourself, you’ve probably modified your car. Installing something like this is small potatos for me. Not sure where you’re going with this. Do you want hem to list a disclaimer or something about what needs to be done? Lol

OP
W

WOHT

U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lancaster
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge Challenger SRT
Thread Starter #9
if you’re installing this kit yourself, you’ve probably modified your car. Installing something like this is small potatos for me. Not sure where you’re going with this. Do you want hem to list a disclaimer or something about what needs to be done? Lol
I’ve worked on engines for over a decade, so this too was nothing to install. But the average person doesn’t have mine or your skills. Just saying that the “plug & play” sales pitch is misleading to the average person. I’ve read about many people complaining how they have had problems installing one themselves. And, I’ve read a lot of people having a shop do the install which cost them nearly as much or more than the interchiller kit itself.

OP
W

WOHT

U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lancaster
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge Challenger SRT
Thread Starter #10
I’ve worked on engines for over a decade, so this too was nothing to install. But the average person doesn’t have mine or your skills. Just saying that the “plug & play” sales pitch is misleading to the average person. I’ve read about many people complaining how they have had problems installing one themselves. And, I’ve read a lot of people having a shop do the install which cost them nearly as much or more than the interchiller kit itself.
“While R-1234yf oils are backwards compatible with R-134a systems, R-134a PAG oils are not compatible with R-1234yf systems”.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
C
Can you elaborate what that means a bit

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Not going to argue with you there

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I run R134a in my system with no issues.
As for the plug and play. It’s removing your factory lines. Hooking up the new lines and T fitting provided. The wiring harness is pre wired with plug in connectors, fuse tap and ground wire to add.
The coolant side is just adding a little bit of hose and routing the 3 way valve to your liking. Everyone does that differently so no one way is right or wrong.
The ic chiller replaces the drivers side small heat exchanger. No drilling or cutting required. No additional dryer with the IC chiller either.

Last edited:

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Girls, girls, boyz. I dee veedeloped da system. Easy on both of ya'z. Da Inta Chilla frum Australa is what I invented wita plug & player's. It is dat. 134A is adaptable fer watt I deerived at. Butt, I did go an a step further with 2 extra HX angers and now a, can do, rotary run chiller and whore a magnetic chiller. Reasun fer an magnetic chiller is,, itster is run by a VFD, variable ferqancy drive, witch can download 2- 10% of da usage. Uses no oils, no refrigerant, no muven parts, all dun by mag nets. Kinda like da mono rails ass rip wa off Dizney. Same thermonpee. Nurds, luck upster McQuay Magnetic Chillers. Watt I sold da 1st 5 of em and installed. VFDs is da secert. Snot arguu.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
I have run two kits. Killer Chiller from kincaid and my current ish... IC Chiller. The IC Chiller has given me zero issues. I run 134a.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Yo Flu Mon Ghew,
Da 134A is da 1 I invented aftah wurkin on da 134A McQuay magnetic chilla. Watt a muchanie. I wished I had invaanted da damn thang. If youz getter a chance, Guugle da damn thang. Youz bee vary sir prized watt dis damn thang will dew. Like Mounten Dew. Like Ize said befoe, I sold da 1st 5 of deez chillers in da south east 2 cussomers dat neva herd of em. Tuuk em 2 da factory, had dare chillas on da test pads, turned on, wit da only noize herd waz da chill watah pump. Day said, youz can turn on da chillah on now. Hay boyz, day are da runin. Coulden even hear um and wit da 134A in dem. They were used 2 centrifucal chillers wit reg u lar refrigarant, bearens, noise, turnin veines, 1st, 2nd, 3rd stages, a motor, oil and der rest of da shitskees. Nun on dis machine. Wished I inverted dem, but just sold da 1st of dem. Now day bee up 2 twin 1,200 tun mackchines. Dat wood beez 2,400 tun machines in 1 cum tainer. Like 2 cumpressors, 2 barrells, 2 moe toes dat make no noise. 1 sitten at da Tupperware conventution centa in Whore Lando. I wuz invited bi da factory 2 watch da start up. But didn't goez cause I waz in da law suit wit da Trane Cumpany and gay wood beez dare. Uck em bastards. Sorry.

OP
W

WOHT

U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lancaster
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge Challenger SRT
Thread Starter #17
As for the plug and play. It’s removing your factory lines. Hooking up the new lines and T fitting provided. The wiring harness is pre wired with plug in connectors, fuse tap and ground wire to add.
The coolant side is just adding a little bit of hose and routing the 3 way valve to your liking. Everyone does that differently so no one way is right or wrong.
The ic chiller replaces the drivers side small heat exchanger. No drilling or cutting required. No additional dryer with the IC chiller either.
RPGIII

Are you using the IC chiller? I didn’t even know this system existed until recently by reading a discussion on interchillers. If so, I’d like to get more information about it, and what makes its stand out from its competitors.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
A lot of us on here run that system. So I ran Killer Chiller and currently run an IC Chiller.

killer chiller: cut and splice, leaky drag valve, 1978 Ford tx valve. However brick was bigger and loved having my old HX on as well.

ic chiller: love it! Plug and play, easy wiring. Not a fan of eliminating my stock HX but it works. Works damn well in 100* weather.

OP
W

WOHT

U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lancaster
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge Challenger SRT
Thread Starter #19
A lot of us on here run that system. So I ran Killer Chiller and currently run an IC Chiller.

killer chiller: cut and splice, leaky drag valve, 1978 Ford tx valve. However brick was bigger and loved having my old HX on as well.

ic chiller: love it! Plug and play, easy wiring. Not a fan of eliminating my stock HX but it works. Works damn well in 100* weather.

fumanchu182

Thanks for the feedback. Just so we are clear, you are talking about ICchillers, not another brand like FII, AC, or Killer Chiller, correct?

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
fumanchu182

Thanks for the feedback. Just so we are clear, you are talking about ICchillers, not another brand like FII, AC, or Killer Chiller, correct?
its pretty clear in the quotes

IC Chiller is a brand. I currently run their chiller kit.

Killer Chiller is a brand. I previously ran their chiller.

FI is a brand. Never ran their kit.