Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Info Screen Delaminating

OP
Hellcatcfp

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Thread Starter #21
Have an appointment for Friday. They said tech has to pull radio out to get info on it for replacement? Cannot check via VIN? Anyone know the procedure? Sounds strange to me?

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
Have an appointment for Friday. They said tech has to pull radio out to get info on it for replacement? Cannot check via VIN? Anyone know the procedure? Sounds strange to me?
They would need to pull, ONLY the screen, to note the serial number. I'm sure they are following batch numbers, like they did with the older fuel pumps.

Also, might not hurt, to get a 24 hr subscription to Tech Authority, to find out if there is a TSB, on the screen. This would help, for any out of warranty situatuons.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

MikeD1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
They DID NOT do that for mine !!

Pulled into the svc drive, SR came out & plugged in her pad, looked @ the screen, tap-tap-tap, swipe-swipe-swipe, unplugged & had me sign.
Told me it would be 3 - 4 weeks for the replacement to arrive & sent me on my way. Took 10 min inc. chat time with the SR ;)

RAMBLE1

Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
NORTH FLORIDA
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 CHALLENGER HELLCAT TorRed RED / REDEYE
I had screens on my '18 Ram and '17 Challenger Hellcat delaminate. Luckily, I had warranty to cover the replacement screens. The service advisor noted this was a common problem with the NAV screen. It is a quick and easy replacement.

Taxinator

Member ID
Reactions
City
SANTA CLARITA
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT
You would need to ask Dodge Cares about that. According to the SR at the dealership I go to they were replacing them regardless of warranty status/miles for original owners. She said they did deny 1 customer who was the 3rd owner of the vehicle. My car was just past the 3/36 and they put it thru without question.
I called Dodge Customer Care and they said no, they would not cover the replacement. Oh well, they did replace my windshield under their goodwill policy when I was outside of the 36k warranty. I figured they would not replace the screen.

For your reviewing pleasure (closer to 60% delamination): 5D4E3230-2AD5-4998-A9F5-85B2B8145222.jpeg

Taxinator

Member ID
Reactions
City
SANTA CLARITA
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT

MikeD1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I called Dodge Customer Care and they said no, they would not cover the replacement. Oh well, they did replace my windshield under their goodwill policy when I was outside of the 36k warranty. I figured they would not replace the screen.

For your reviewing pleasure (closer to 60% delamination): View attachment 77716

Wow, that looks really bad ! Surprised it's still working. Mine had about 1/2" at the top separating & it was making the system go nuts - like it was randomly pressing icons & selecting stuff. It was making me crazy driving around having random crap pop up :oops:

Taxinator

Member ID
Reactions
City
SANTA CLARITA
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT
Wow, that looks really bad ! Surprised it's still working. Mine had about 1/2" at the top separating & it was making the system go nuts - like it was randomly pressing icons & selecting stuff. It was making me crazy driving around having random crap pop up :oops:
Sheesh, I would have replaced it long ago had it gone crazy like your previous unit…I too am surprised it works fine.

OP
Hellcatcfp

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #29
Went to dealer (new to me) today. Tech didn't have to pull anything out...just scrolled and got numbers he needed. Replacement will not be covered under expired 3 year warranty rather my extended warranty with a $100 deductible. Looks like they are ordering whole new unit. Not too impressed with my local dealer but it is what it is.

OP
Hellcatcfp

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #30
Dealer called today and new radio is in. Hopefully can get it installed next week. Will keep thread updated.

OP
Hellcatcfp

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #31
They were able to get me in today. Took 15-20 minutes. Tech was cool. Looking like a new unit as it has a different feel (much faster)

20220816_135605.jpg
Mine never had SRT Dashboard graphic.

Taxinator

Member ID
Reactions
City
SANTA CLARITA
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT
They were able to get me in today. Took 15-20 minutes. Tech was cool. Looking like a new unit as it has a different feel (much faster)

View attachment 78960
Looks good.

06SRT10NR

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Army Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Knobnation
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat M6

View attachment 78960
check all your controlc carefully. with the Demon, those '21 and newer radios have a few incompatabilities
- chiller on full-time, so no AC
- front defrost tries to start AC, as well as front defrost
- and more

OP
Hellcatcfp

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #34
check all your controlc carefully. with the Demon, those '21 and newer radios have a few incompatabilities
- chiller on full-time, so no AC
- front defrost tries to start AC, as well as front defrost
- and more
Will do. Haven't scrolled through everything yet, but will check this week. Appreciate the heads up.