Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

If you want to check out my car special

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Question is. Why did you get it in the first place?
Kind of a long story. Basically, the girlfriend thought about buying one. The dealer offered peanuts for her gas 6x4, then added that they had just paid only $1,600 (or something like that) for an electric trade-in.

Okay, I'll buy it, I said. The dealer, now sensing selling a new one, too, sold it to me for the same money.
End of story, really. It has since been a Kubota RTC1100C and a Can Am Defender Limited Pro for her

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
It's still fun going fast, especially since the roads aren't overly straight, but you're right. Just sitting there at 120 (on the straighter sections) or so does get old at times.

But, I generally catch one or two per 50 miles, and then get to listen to the glorious exhaust as I floor it.

And now during tourist season the roads are jammed. It's not uncommon to have to wait for a vehicle to go by at the stop sign by the main road.
WTF Jimmie...since when are border jumpers considered tourists...:unsure::unsure::unsure:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Kind of a long story. Basically, the girlfriend thought about buying one. The dealer offered peanuts for her gas 6x4, then added that they had just paid only $1,600 (or something like that) for an electric trade-in.

Okay, I'll buy it, I said. The dealer, now sensing selling a new one, too, sold it to me for the same money.
End of story, really. It has since been a Kubota RTC1100C and a Can Am Defender Limited Pro for her
one of these days...that girls gonna up and leave you...:p:p:p

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
WTF Jimmie...since when are border jumpers considered tourists...:unsure::unsure::unsure:
It's mostly state border jumpers, demon.

You wouldn't believe the amount of Texas license plates you'd see up here. Not that I can blame them.
Who wouldn't want to get away from heat, humidity, traffic, alligators, etc.

GBLWRMR

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
South
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Super Stock
Well done! Very enjoyable!

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Well done! Very enjoyable!
agreed...very entertaining...now ...ask him if its gonna rain in NJ...

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
He could find out.
Eric has access to national weather service, just like we do.

GBLWRMR

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
South
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Super Stock
Shit.. as much as I hope he makes guessing the weather, he should keep his day job and double down on the car chasing.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Shit.. as much as I hope he makes guessing the weather, he should keep his day job and double down on the car chasing.
Our meteorologists couldn't predict the weather if they were lookin out side...and they never get fired...:rolleyes::rolleyes:;)

OP
EricG

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Thread Starter #50
Oh...blah blah blah :)

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Can't blame Eric for this one, but it cracks me up when National Weather Service has "Less than a 1/4-inch of rain possible" in the forecast.

That should cover any place on the planet, and at any time, I would think.

OP
EricG

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Thread Starter #52
Can't blame Eric for this one, but it cracks me up when National Weather Service has "Less than a 1/4-inch of rain possible" in the forecast.

That should cover any place on the planet, and at any time, I would think.
You just to have to understand that for rural areas, especially across the Rocky Mountain west, you get point data pulled from a gridded modelcast with maybe a little fine tuning, maybe not depending on the day. Hey - it's a lot better than it was years ago, but not nearly as good as you will get in a highly populated area where there is considerable human touch. You could not live in bum fuck Egypt...

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
You could not live in a damn city...
There, I fixed it for you, Eric.

If I lived in some city, the weather would be the least of my worries. It wouldn't matter to me if the stoplights/pavement/shopping malls/houses were hot or cold, wet or dry.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Let's not beat up on @EricG, of anybody in a news room, the only people left to respect are the Weather Men/Women - And he drives a cool car besides.

Ok, well, maybe one more.... :unsure::whistle:

If I see another "Team Coverage" of a weather event and some reporter is standing in what is clearly 2-3inches of either snow or water and describes it as "Up to my knees" I may lose my damn mind...

; )

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Let's not beat up on @EricG, of anybody in a news room, the only people left to respect are the Weather Men/Women - And he drives a cool car besides.

If I see another "Team Coverage" of a weather event and some reporter is standing in what is clearly 2-3inches of either snow or water and describes it as "Up to my knees" I may lose my damn mind...

; )

I can kinda live with that. What I really don't care for is when any kind of (especially yellow) machinery is referred to as a "bulldozer". In real life it's obvious that it's actually a backhoe, wheel loader, or something else.

But in all fairness, some news reports no longer calls a tractor trailer a "semi". Guess they're getting semi conscious.

OP
EricG

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Thread Starter #56
There, I fixed it for you, Eric.

If I lived in some city, the weather would be the least of my worries. It wouldn't matter to me if the stoplights/pavement/shopping malls/houses were hot or cold, wet or dry.
I’m beginning to think that psychiatrist ambush was not such a bad idea…

OP
EricG

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Thread Starter #57

; )
Trust me it is not lost on many of us how much over-hyping and sensationalizing and repeated “breaking” news this business now pushes. There’s so many very young people on air now, and in much larger markets than they used to be in and you can run into a lot of mis-spoken live situations.

Fortunately in weather we get to be removed from most of that. Worst part of my job is old Scandinavian guys who live in the middle of nowhere that e-mail all the time bitching about all kinds of random stuff…. ;)

Last edited:

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
And here I was about to compliment you on the nice eulogy you had for the Challenger (and Charger) on the news this morning.

Guess I won't. Instead, now I hope you get a Hornet as a company car.