Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

How much is too much?

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
That is a shame. The autopsy would have held the answer. Hate for it happen again when the answer was there. Murfreesboro part of my ole stopping grounds. Did a lot of work at the university and the auto plants when they were built.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #42
I wish, just wasn't time to do it. The question posed isn't about what happened in my particular case, I was hoping people who work with these every day would chime in. One engine failure regardless of what a full tear down showed is just one. I'm more interested in any pattern that has been emerging but people have historically be very tight lipped when things go wrong.

Thawkmike

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
I’m still inclined to at least “think” it’s a combination of rpm’s at the limit of power here.

I’d guess if we could plot timeline data of failures since 2015/16 against pcm tuning release and cross reference the same failure data against the TCM tuning release, we would see a spike.

The 2018+ failure data just may be a factor of new owners entering the market since tcm tuning has been available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
I like your line of thinking.

72 440 Barracuda

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Graham
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
I wish, just wasn't time to do it. The question posed isn't about what happened in my particular case, I was hoping people who work with these every day would chime in. One engine failure regardless of what a full tear down showed is just one. I'm more interested in any pattern that has been emerging but people have historically be very tight lipped when things go wrong.
I agree - what's "normal" with these motors? Knowing how far they can be pushed is helpful to us all, regardless of mods or not. That's where knowledge comes in, what happened under what conditions...