Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Hello

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Welcome!

(Ha, fresh meat for the grinder)

Seriously, welcome to our house!

(Really, fresh meat)

But welcome! We know stuff!

(Fresh meat)

You'll like it here!

(...meat...)

;)
Food......

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Welcome, and good luck hunting.

T_Trahan44

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2012 Challenger SXT
It all depends on what you want, really. Do you have a need for multiple passengers? Do you only plan on cruising the vehicle every now and then? Are you planning on making it a daily driving beast?

Gotta ask yourself the important questions. Is spacing a big thing for you? Have you driven either the Charger or a Challenger before?

Best advice I can give is go drive one of each. Be it a Hellcat or even just a V6. Get a feel for how the vehicle physically feels to you.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
It all depends on what you want, really. Do you have a need for multiple passengers? Do you only plan on cruising the vehicle every now and then? Are you planning on making it a daily driving beast?

Gotta ask yourself the important questions. Is spacing a big thing for you? Have you driven either the Charger or a Challenger before?

Best advice I can give is go drive one of each. Be it a Hellcat or even just a V6. Get a feel for how the vehicle physically feels to you.
T man...where the hell ya been lately...:unsure:

T_Trahan44

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2012 Challenger SXT
T man...where the hell ya been lately...:unsure:
Mostly lurking, lots of working. How you been?

OP
W

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
nearest is Portland, but live in the country
State
OR
Country
United States
Thread Starter #26
Hello again, and thanks for all the warm welcomes, and tips. This 'fresh meat' had to go away for a few weeks to take care of some things.

I have driven both a Charger and Challenger, but not in HC or RE trim, just SRT. My situation is such that a 4 door would be a lot better suited for my life, hence considering the Charger. If i get rid of the wife, daughter, and dog, then the 2 door is in. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‚

You guys will probably begin to notice a pattern eventually, where I am around a bunch, then disappear for a while, then come back. Such is my life, but when home, the car will be somewhere between a daily driver, and special occasion use, probably being driven a few days per week, then sit for 3 or 4 weeks, then back to fairly regular use.

This seems like a fun bunch from reading all your posts, I like that. Don't worry I will never ask what hitch is the best to buy and install on my car, or let it be known if i do put a hitch on it, I made that mistake about 10 years ago on a Vette forum, and got nothing but hatred. ๐Ÿ˜
Still have to say that the custom made hitch I put on it worked great ๐Ÿ˜‰

Those guys in a vette forum are a pretty wound up bunch, think that I left the forum only having a total of 4 posts. But then again I sold the car just 2 years later as well, so it was all just a short time thing for me lol

Liked my Challenger, sold it, got a mustang, time for it to go, and the RE Charger looks like a logical choice.
Cheaper than a Urus, and NOT an suv.

OP
W

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
State
OR
Country
United States
Thread Starter #27
Can anyone tell me if they are still good for runs to the grocery store, dropping the kids off at a party, taking the dog to the vet? Or just too aggressive for such mundane use, and I would find that I just drive the truck most of the time anyway.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Hello again, and thanks for all the warm welcomes, and tips. This 'fresh meat' had to go away for a few weeks to take care of some things.

I have driven both a Charger and Challenger, but not in HC or RE trim, just SRT. My situation is such that a 4 door would be a lot better suited for my life, hence considering the Charger. If i get rid of the wife, daughter, and dog, then the 2 door is in. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‚

You guys will probably begin to notice a pattern eventually, where I am around a bunch, then disappear for a while, then come back. Such is my life, but when home, the car will be somewhere between a daily driver, and special occasion use, probably being driven a few days per week, then sit for 3 or 4 weeks, then back to fairly regular use.

This seems like a fun bunch from reading all your posts, I like that. Don't worry I will never ask what hitch is the best to buy and install on my car, or let it be known if i do put a hitch on it, I made that mistake about 10 years ago on a Vette forum, and got nothing but hatred. ๐Ÿ˜

Those guys in a vette forum are a pretty wound up bunch, think that I left the forum only having a total of 4 posts. But then again I sold the car just 2 years later as well, so it was all just a short time thing for me lol

Liked my Challenger, sold it, got a mustang, time for it to go, and the RE Charger looks like a logical choice.

You wouldn't be the first to put a hitch on an Hellcat, and if you do, we'll give you shyt, and then laugh about it.

;)

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Can anyone tell me if they are still good for runs to the grocery store, dropping the kids off at a party, taking the dog to the vet? Or just too aggressive for such mundane use, and I would find that I just drive the truck most of the time anyway.
  1. Yes
  2. Yes
  3. NO, NEVER, MUCH WORSE THAN THE HITCH...
;)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
  1. Yes
  2. Yes
  3. NO, NEVER, MUCH WORSE THAN THE HITCH...
;)
I'd opt for the hitch...after all..the next time you roll that mustang over in the ditch...you can pull it out with the HC...(now tell me you've never done that)

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

Didn't own my first 4 door until I was 39, Evo's only come in a 4 door. But since I like having the extra room and convenience if taking some friend out, I don't have kids either. Plus the Charger looks AWESOME!
As far as a trailer hitch goes, here is my friends mid 8 second car in which he tows his tires, tools and anything he might need to the track. He ran his new best last weekend 8.41@162
20201017_164717.jpg

OP
W

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
State
OR
Country
United States
Thread Starter #32
I'd opt for the hitch...after all..the next time you roll that mustang over in the ditch...you can pull it out with the HC...(now tell me you've never done that)
Never hit the ditch, or rolled a vehicle as the driver. Been in both situations, but as the passenger. I did get rear ended at a red light long long ago.
As for the hitch, I like to take my mountain bike places, and tow my PWC. Anything heavier, I use the wife's suv, or my truck. My PWC weighs so little, that it's easy to lift the hitch, and drag it around by hand. I don't even the back car up to it, I pull the trailer to my car.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Didn't own my first 4 door until I was 39, Evo's only come in a 4 door. But since I like having the extra room and convenience if taking some friend out, I don't have kids either. Plus the Charger looks AWESOME!
As far as a trailer hitch goes, here is my friends mid 8 second car in which he tows his tires, tools and anything he might need to the track. He ran his new best last weekend 8.41@162
View attachment 41990
Don't forget the summer holidays are coming....gonna be time to reinstall the taco bar in the back of the SXYTAXI :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: