Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Go Man Go Heads Home!

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Congrats! Are you planning on upgrading to the Redeye supercharger in the future? What about the dual fuel pumps?

Last edited:

WhipCat

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
In the Jungle
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Since you did the redeye swap. Did you do that as a cost savings overall? The complete long block for 10k is a good price for an engine that can handle a 1000 stock with good tuning.

I would have thought you would be paranoid running stock parts with mods again. I know the redeye/demon rods are better and it has some engineering that is improved on over the stock hellcat. I thought some beefier aftermarket pistons and rods with aftermarket heads. Keep the stock crank. Maybe a mild cam or stock cam.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)

"Gentlemen, we can rebuild him..."

I just want to say that pulling that motor in 2 days is outstanding. Man, what a great job. I'd also like to say that all of you who live where there are a lot of car folks, and therefore lots of gear heads, appreciate what you've got. Where I live now I could toss the broken parts out of a high flying plane and not have one land anywhere near a fellow gear head.

Good job, and what a great ending to a difficult episode.

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
@Speedy! today’s video- new best time???? [poke][poke]

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
10.3 on a broken motor sound better than 10.2 on a perfect motor. I understand these thing cause I watch divorce court.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Great job headers. I would like to take a perfectly good part and hit that vette next door then him. Why waste a good part on him.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #27
OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #28
Congrats! Are you planning on upgrading to the Redeye supercharger in the future? What about the dual fuel pumps?
Not gonna upgrade to the RE blower. There's more for me on the 2.4L since I run 93 on the street. With the RE blower I'd be limited to the stock boost at 14.5psi due to pulley setups. I could run just a 10% lower with the RE blower and be around 17psi I think, but I don't think I'd gain much over the current blower combo. I'm running 16.5 on the HC blower. One of these days I might upgrade to the 3.0L blower on the Hellephant if they ever become available. That might be the sweet spot for how I use the car.

Since you did the redeye swap. Did you do that as a cost savings overall? The complete long block for 10k is a good price for an engine that can handle a 1000 stock with good tuning.

I would have thought you would be paranoid running stock parts with mods again. I know the redeye/demon rods are better and it has some engineering that is improved on over the stock hellcat. I thought some beefier aftermarket pistons and rods with aftermarket heads. Keep the stock crank. Maybe a mild cam or stock cam.
I thought about it for about a week, and talked to several folks. You have to make decisions based on goals. I never intend to try to have an 8 second car. That's just getting in to too much for a car I drive on the street A LOT. My goals have always been 10.0 in any weather and crack off a 9 second pass here or there in good air. This Demon/RE engine should EASILY be capable of that without pushing it to the limit (I hope). If this one ever fails, it'll be a built short block for sure though. Then skies the limit.

10.3 on a broken motor sound better than 10.2 on a perfect motor. I understand these thing cause I watch divorce court.
Correction, it ran 10.03 on the broken motor. Imagine what it should do on one that's not broken :cool:

DFW_Redeye

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dallas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye Widebody
OUTSTANDING! Great work @Speedy! I’m not sure what you do for a living but I could see you selling a “Speedy Street Package or Strip Package” to the masses!