Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

GM Says Selling EVs Even At $30K Is A Hard Sell

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB

MiHiHemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Parker
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT 426
I’m seeing an alarming amount of Teslas around my area lately. I don’t care what someone wants to own but don’t shove it down my throat. Every time I see one I say “there goes another Liberal” :ROFLMAO:

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
Anyone paying a tiny bit of attention knows the EV market will NOT take off like the Government would like you to believe
No matter how much of our money they throw at it
Auto manufactures have 2 hands out taking Government handouts for these EV s
When this fails they will have their hands out for a Government bailout
Around & around we go
These BEV will die before they ever fully succeed
To add salt to the wound
The company in this article Lordstown Motors filed bankruptcy this week

More money out the effing window

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Anyone paying a tiny bit of attention knows the EV market will NOT take off like the Government would like you to believe
No matter how much of our money they throw at it
Auto manufactures have 2 hands out taking Government handouts for these EV s
When this fails they will have their hands out for a Government bailout
Around & around we go
These BEV will die before they ever fully succeed
To add salt to the wound
The company in this article Lordstown Motors filed bankruptcy this week

More money out the effing window
Just like supercharged V8s or luxury SUVs, there is a market but it will never be 100% of the market.
I'm fine with EVs.
I'm fine with people who want to have an EV as a daily.
And in time, I think 25% of the cars on the road will be EVs.

What I am not fine with, is that they are trying to outlaw gas cars completely.
The new Mercedes Benz makes almost 800hp but can go 30 or so miles on electric charge with a MPGe of 50!!!
Wrangler Rubicon 4xe gets 49MPGe

The 887hp 918 Porsche was able achieve 90MPGe

The technology exists to keep the fun cars around but also give them a little electric assistance.
And it would probably go a long way into getting people into the full EV experience.
When they realize they can run their Jeep every day by just plugging it in and not using the gas engine for a couple of weeks.

Instead you are getting a lot of push back. But again, when does Washington do anything right?

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Guud annie alas groin 2 ys Boodie eye. Da problems still assist of. Purrchase deez thangs frum da country dat owns Walt World? How da hell youz idiots in Cali and NY groing tu plug deez thangs into er solar panels? While youz cuuck yo veggie dogs, and I like vagina veggie dwags, on ya solu powdered anti moon wave? Youz goin to bury da spent bat ries in yo back yard unda yo poly vynal chloride snot hub? Now, just add Ill a nois to da problem. Like Shitcago ain't a problem? Let NY suck in Iller noise fur tax assation. Just stay out of hea.

Detroitboy

U.S. Marine Veteran
Law Enforcement
Member ID
Reactions
City
Macomb
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Redeye
Aside from the charging issues etc with EVs why would anyone buy a gas car that is guaranteed to need a new engine in 8 years?
Buying an EV is the same thing except batteries are even more expensive than engines.
I would not mind having a cheap EV 2nd car for just local driving as a beater that I can charge in the garage with a range of 85 miles. It would be kind of like doing your local shopping with a golf cart. But with the new price increases for electricity climbing as fast as they are and insurance being so expensive for them I really do not see any financial savings. And of course there is no such thing as a cheap EV for a beater.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Status symbol, rich man’s toy, not at all practical. Kind of like a jailbreak/170 in the snow

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
should have kept ice alive and focused on renewables like e85 and hydrogen. Why do you think the OG demon requires an entire PCM swap for “track only” to go 9.8 but the 170 on e85 has all the power available to go 8.9 available and is 50 state emissions legal, no pcm swap? E85 vs 110 octane gasoline. E85 burns cleaner and pollutes less.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
All the new hellcats could have been e85. I just don’t get it.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Status symbol, rich man’s toy, not at all practical. Kind of like a jailbreak/170 in the snow
Have you ever even seen snow:unsure::unsure:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
should have kept ice alive and focused on renewables like e85 and hydrogen. Why do you think the OG demon requires an entire PCM swap for “track only” to go 9.8 but the 170 on e85 has all the power available to go 8.9 available and is 50 state emissions legal, no pcm swap? E85 vs 110 octane gasoline. E85 burns cleaner and pollutes less.
And in some regions...is almost impossible to find...

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
And in some regions...is almost impossible to find...
Same with car chargers, but e85 can be delivered by truck and used in regular infrastructure we already have 🤔🤔🤔

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat
Aside from the charging issues etc with EVs why would anyone buy a gas car that is guaranteed to need a new engine in 8 years?
Buying an EV is the same thing except batteries are even more expensive than engines.
I would not mind having a cheap EV 2nd car for just local driving as a beater that I can charge in the garage with a range of 85 miles. It would be kind of like doing your local shopping with a golf cart. But with the new price increases for electricity climbing as fast as they are and insurance being so expensive for them I really do not see any financial savings. And of course there is no such thing as a cheap EV for a beater.
Guaranteed to need a new engine in 8 years? Don’t let facts stop you from making a bullshit comment, OK?

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Guaranteed to need a new engine in 8 years? Don’t let facts stop you from making a bullshit comment, OK?
I was going to say that and thought that’s no way what he actually meant.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
All the new hellcats could have been e85. I just don’t get it.
I'm sure glad mine runs on normal gas. Otherwise I'd have to tow a trailer with a tank of E85 around if wanting to go somewhere.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I'm sure glad mine runs on normal gas. Otherwise I'd have to tow a trailer with a tank of E85 around if wanting to go somewhere.
Do electric cars carry generators with them everywhere? I get over 20mpg on e85

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
y
Yet another example where you clearly demonstrate you don't know what the fuck you're talking about and just post post post...

For me personally, and a WHOLE lot of other people to buy E85, we would run out of fuel in the round trip required to fuel up. Hundreds of miles. It's a non-option. The fact that you don't know that E85 is NOT widely available before making a comment like that is incredulous...so...

Congratulations, you win the "prize" for one of the most ignorant comment made on this forum thus far. Like, galactic level stupid...

Not shocked though, honestly...:ROFLMAO:
You’re an ignorant, rude person that contributes absolutely nothing in this forum. Must be lonely with an attitude like that. You talk a lot of trash to a lot of people on here, for no reason. Your opinion is worthless garbage, just like every other post you make here. Now, back to ignored 👋

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Do electric cars carry generators with them everywhere? I get over 20mpg on e85
I dunno. There aren't any EVs around here. Much like with E85.