Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

First track outing 2022. Ran 10.0 🤔

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
So I decided to get to the track as they were prepping the track for the first time this year.
First pass made the news so to speak. LOL
That pass was backed up with another pass on my third. (Blew the tires away on the second).
This car was full weight and should be at 4600+lbs with me in it. Still stock boost and the same tune from the last time out.
And a new PB 60'@1.458 with the lowly 2.62 gears.😂

https://m.facebook.com/groups/240850520007875/permalink/1156440688448849/

OP
moparjim

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #2
For those that may not be able to see the link here is a video another racer took.

OP
moparjim

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #3
Here are the slips for the 1st and third pass. Screenshot_20220425_231410.jpg

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Congrats Jim, nice passes !

Time to update the sig.

OP
moparjim

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #5
Congrats Jim, nice passes !
Thanks Robert. I can tell you I was surprised when I saw the times on the board for the first pass. We can see every segment up to the 1/8. I knew I was on a pass.
Now I'm thinking I may have to cave and start taking stuff out and try for a 9 sec pass.😉

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thanks Robert. I can tell you I was surprised when I saw the times on the board for the first pass. We can see every segment up to the 1/8. I knew I was on a pass.
Now I'm thinking I may have to cave and start taking stuff out and try for a 9 sec pass.😉
I agree, take some weight out next time, you are real close to 9's. I predict that you'll get it, can't wait to see it.

GL !

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I need to burn some dinosaurs...

: (

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Congrats!
Can only dream of having that DA. With some weight reduction you should be able to get under 4400 and it may be enough to get you there

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
I believe I pulled out 300 pounds last year in an attempt to go fast. How much do you want to spend to pull weirght? There is a guy in Michigan who sells 8 pound batteries I think they are 700 bucks I don’t have one but I think they are pretty good from what I hear.
Edit here is a link https://darrellcoxracing.com/shop/ols/products/lithium-battery-kit-challenger-charger

OP
moparjim

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #10
Congrats!
Can only dream of having that DA. With some weight reduction you should be able to get under 4400 and it may be enough to get you there
Well I guess when coolant isn't causing a traction problem the gains late last year that surprised us. (Or lack of big gains the last 2 times out). At least I wasn't having to chase the car on the track like in the fall. So a straight line without spinning tires is really quicker.😂

As far as weight reduction goes I won't be going crazy. I ordered a rear seat delete kit from my dealer. So that should show up in a year or so.😉😂
Maybe other small stuff like empty the crap out of the car. (Console,glove box junk)
Then take an effort to empty windshield washer bottle, remove the floor mats, trunk mat, compressor and maybe the sub box in the trunk. So between that and making an effort to get back to <235 lbs and not stay at 258-260😯,. That should together net more than 100lbs. So I guess the next goal is to go for a 9.99 without going to a racegas or E
Tune.

OP
moparjim

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #11
I believe I pulled out 300 pounds last year in an attempt to go fast. How much do you want to spend to pull weirght? There is a guy in Michigan who sells 8 pound batteries I think they are 700 bucks I don’t have one but I think they are pretty good from what I hear.
Edit here is a link https://darrellcoxracing.com/shop/ols/products/lithium-battery-kit-challenger-charger
I won't be doing that. Remember the exchange rate, crazy high taxes, and stupid shipping costs to get here almost doubles our cost vs yours in some cases.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
I won't be doing that. Remember the exchange rate, crazy high taxes, and stupid shipping costs to get here almost doubles our cost vs yours in some cases.
I figured you may just want to come for a visit he is at my local track every weekend :ROFLMAO:

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Congrats @moparjim
WTG awesome new PB!
I'm glad you got out to enjoy All the Fasst Fun!:cool::cool::cool:

I like to Daily Drive and race too! Did you ever have a build thread. I remember scattered posts. But what do you have installed on your Hellcat.
I'm guessing a Diff Brace, I think your Tunes is a Trans Tune? Can you please give us an update?

Thanks
Linda :)

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
OP
moparjim

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #15
Congrats @moparjim
WTG awesome new PB!
I'm glad you got out to enjoy All the Fasst Fun!:cool::cool::cool:

I like to Daily Drive and race too! Did you ever have a build thread. I remember scattered posts. But what do you have installed on your Hellcat.
I'm guessing a Diff Brace, I think your Tunes is a Trans Tune? Can you please give us an update?

Thanks
Linda :)
Thanks Linda.
As far as build thread, there isn't one. It would be very boring. 😂
Since you asked. Yes I have a diff brace from Per4mance Development that came from his 1st batch he made, Race Stars fr/RR with 3054517 EtStreetR, FI chillers spacers to address a gasket failure found when the blower was replaced under warranty.
CCI driveshaft due to QA1 stopping production of the Carbon DS due to mine and another's failures. The tune is basically a trans tune to raise shift points and some fueling added to the engine side done by a friend of mine.
So nothing really crazy. A very well prepared track doesn't hurt.
Lots of passed trying literally every piece of info I could find to see what works best for me.
Edit. I forgot the JMS boost a pump

Last edited:
OP
moparjim

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #16
That should be enough weight to get me my goal but I refuse to remove the passenger seat.🤷

The Max

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toms River
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Congratulations on all of your hard work and some excellent driving for that 60 foot time!

Making the Hellcat family real proud of your 1/4 mile time without even really touching the motor.

Going to make some Redeye's and Demons nervous if they line up against you.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
So kind of get it, kind of don't. So you are running a tune for different fuel trims, tune for the tranny for different shifts, but stock boost? How much boost does your car make, 11.5-12 pounds? That is the stock number for regular Hellcats, right? All parts under the hood are stock though? Car is running good though no doubt!

OP
moparjim

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #19
So kind of get it, kind of don't. So you are running a tune for different fuel trims, tune for the tranny for different shifts, but stock boost? How much boost does your car make, 11.5-12 pounds? That is the stock number for regular Hellcats, right? All parts under the hood are stock though? Car is running good though no doubt!
The tune is to address a cat over temp issue I was having mostly. There is some added fueling in the tune so it isn't lean in spots like it was originally. Then there is raised shift points. As far as boost goes in low DA like I ran in we see a peak of 12psi which is the same as when it was completely stock.

OP
moparjim

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #20
Congratulations on all of your hard work and some excellent driving for that 60 foot time!

Making the Hellcat family real proud of your 1/4 mile time without even really touching the motor.

Going to make some Redeye's and Demons nervous if they line up against you.
Thanks. The stock Redeye's at the track were already nervous because if they slipped up a little the grey car would be there to give them a hard time back when it was stock. 😂
Now it should be a race always.😉