Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Fastest Redeye Pass to date ... 9.28@146 1.32 60'

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Why would someone with a business freely offer up what they have learned on their own dime?

Hell, you can barely find cam specs anymore. Its all "Stage 1, 2, 8 etc" Guys put their effort into their stuff they shouldn't have to spill it all for public consumption. If they want to, go right ahead. But they gotta eat too.

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat, Demon, Trackhawk and project X,
Why would I share ANYTHING with any of the DREAM TEAM on here that know EVERYTHING. Whats wrong Cole you actually thought a year ago I didn't have the fastest stuff because I couldn't??? Im not even a vendor on here but I am Cherry Picking...get a grip LMAO
AJ
AJ,

You want to make money like any other race shop, and I get that. Just be up front about it, and let people know you are not offering information that cost money to obtain. Like many race shops, only glory runs are posted (never ever post about breaking). Race shops do not make money or attract customers by discussing or admitting that there cars break, sometimes ALOT. I just thought you were different, apparently not.

I am not sure about the comments about the fastest stuff, there is a RE that went 8's (edit, this might be incorrect, the quickest RE maybe in the 9.10's), there are Demons that are quicker than you, so what exactly are you quickest at? Stock RE boost? No, stock Demon boost, maybe, I have not been keeping up because I am focused on my SFI 25.2 Chassis Challenger. I do not know shit about going 6's (that is the goal) but I am learning and will share with the Forum, the good stuff and the breaks. That is the difference between us, I post the bad shit that happens.

Last edited:

Hemituner

Vendor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bayshore
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
AJ,

You want to make money like any other race shop, and I get that. Just be up front about it, and let people know you are not offering information that cost money to obtain. Like many race shops, only glory runs are posted (never ever post about breaking). Race shops do not make money or attract customers by discussing or admitting that there cars break, sometimes ALOT. I just thought you were different, apparently not.

I am not sure about the comments about the fastest stuff, there is a RE that went 8's, there are Demons that are quicker than you, so what exactly are you quickest at? Stock RE boost? No, stock Demon boost, maybe, I have not been keeping up because I am focused on my SFI 25.2 Chassis Challenger. I do not know shit about going 6's (that is the goal) but I am learning and will share with the Forum, the good stuff and the breaks. That is the difference between us, I post the bad shit that happens.
Cole:
If you think Hellcats are the source of my income you are sadly mistaken. Anyone that lives in the real world can see I am not a Social Media superstar and I certainly am not bombing anyone with instagram ads day after day after day begging for business. I have helped produce some of the quickest and fastest stuff that's currently out there this year and last I checked the 9.15 my Redeye customer just ran is pretty darn respectable . If there is an 8 sec redeye out there awesome they should post it up. I have tested and learned a ton good and bad. Its laughable that you feel I owe it to the internet to share my findings in order to gain credibility. People that are serious engage me in conversation. They get the whole story good, bad, or otherwise so they end up with with something that exceeds their expectations..Good luck on your project though.
AJ

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Cole:
If you think Hellcats are the source of my income you are sadly mistaken. Anyone that lives in the real world can see I am not a Social Media superstar and I certainly am not bombing anyone with instagram ads day after day after day begging for business. I have helped produce some of the quickest and fastest stuff that's currently out there this year and last I checked the 9.15 my Redeye customer just ran is pretty darn respectable . If there is an 8 sec redeye out there awesome they should post it up. I have tested and learned a ton good and bad. Its laughable that you feel I owe it to the internet to share my findings in order to gain credibility. People that are serious engage me in conversation. They get the whole story good, bad, or otherwise so they end up with with something that exceeds their expectations..Good luck on your project though.
AJ

AJ,

I am not suggesting you post some useful information to "gain credibility", just to help out members here not go down dead ends or spend money on stuff that it not needed. If this is not about money, as you state, then why not provide some sage advice from what you have learned?

You have been incredibly busy in the last year, bought a RE, ran it stock, modded it, traded it in on a Demon, raced the Demon stock now modified. All in 12 months (or less). Working hard and achieved results.

I agree you can be very helpful on the phone and have helped me out in the past. I have no problem reaching out to you for advice.

Again, congratulations on the success that you are having.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
It was figured out over the summer. We have several cars now all running really well at this point. The latest revision is showing even more promise!
Thanks
AJ
I was thinking about this ever since you wrote it and posted the 50HP loss conundrum even while I was cutting the lawn today for hopefully the last time this season. Then I wasn't thinking about it all day and 'boink', I'm watching TV and it pops into my head. It must've been rolling around in the back my mechanical mind. Metal density. I said to myself there's no way this could be mechanically happening, unless you made the bores too tight and pistons were scoring but that would be very evident and a shortblock/ build issue and not a tune issue which is what I felt you were alluding to. So what could it possibly be. Then it just came to me. Are the pistons with their greater density sending a stronger signal from combustion explosion through the rings into the walls and triggering the knock sensors? So now when you run forged pistons you just tone down the sensitivity of the sensors? Now I know you don't want to give up info, but if we figure it out can you agree with a nod or wink? Or just say no stupid, your totally wrong. LOL.

Last edited:

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
So now when you run forged pistons you just tone down the sensitivity of the sensors?
Forged motors have been around for a long time. This would have been well established and accounted for way before we started putting forged motors into the Redeye. Also, you'd immediately see the knock in the log, and tune around it. Wouldn't be a plaguing thing that took several motors to figure out.

3 motors... all from the same builder? All with the same parts? Same spec (otherwise)?

Member ID
Reactions
City
Suwanee
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Lots of popcorn and fireworks in this post.

I’m not tuned by AJ but early this year when I was having issue with my pcm, he fixed my pcm within 2 days and shipped it back asap so I can go back to track and runs fast.

our community has limited resources and appreciate all the shops and tuners we have because you never know.

Hemituner

Vendor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bayshore
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Forged motors have been around for a long time. This would have been well established and accounted for way before we started putting forged motors into the Redeye. Also, you'd immediately see the knock in the log, and tune around it. Wouldn't be a plaguing thing that took several motors to figure out.

3 motors... all from the same builder? All with the same parts? Same spec (otherwise)?
3 Engines 2 Different builders. The problems were not calibration related. Lots of people put these engines together and the internet leads you to believe its as easy as ordering parts online to just drop in and they work. I am here to tell you they don't. Both Builders were able to make changes and resolve the low output. The engines now are repeatable and running better than ever.
Thanks
AJ

Hemituner

Vendor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bayshore
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Not a Redeye but this is where I ended up with my Demon on Monday. Upper and Lower, Forged 6.2, Stock blower with FAS Ported snout and HHP 105mm TB. 4352 Race Weight... DA +200

9.00.jpg 9.02 (2).jpg

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
@Hemituner can I ask what the problem was with the engines the reason I’m curious is because I considered pulling mine and upgrading the rods and pistons , if it’s proprietary then just say so , I liked the deal hhp has on the rods and pistons and I have my own shop so it wouldn’t be a big deal for me to do the upgrades

Hemituner

Vendor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bayshore
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
@Hemituner can I ask what the problem was with the engines the reason I’m curious is because I considered pulling mine and upgrading the rods and pistons , if it’s proprietary then just say so , I liked the deal hhp has on the rods and pistons and I have my own shop so it wouldn’t be a big deal for me to do the upgrades
They all ran great just down on power. It was a perfect storm of machining and parts selection that lead to the loss of power. If you wanted to do an exchange on an engine I keep them on hand.
Thanks
AJ

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
@Hemituner I bet that 9.000 had you cussing LOL

Hemituner

Vendor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bayshore
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon

Hemituner

Vendor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bayshore
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Not Redeye but more cherry-picking blower only 🤣
C07293CA-D92C-4FBD-BB90-93345F4FFD2B.jpeg C13A2909-B639-4C49-9690-F201C2F7EDA3.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited:

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hmm, if we are posting slips from vehicles other than RE, ok, I have a few, AJ you have any slips quicker?

Attachments

Hemituner

Vendor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bayshore
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Hmm, if we are posting slips from vehicles other than RE, ok, I have a few, AJ you have any slips quicker?
I’d love to see your 155mph blower only time slip with your under 4000 lb racecar 🤷🏻‍♂️Your accusing me of cherry-picking , an insinuation that I can’t make anything repeatable. Just answering the call buddy you came for me remember ?
Thanks
AJ

Last edited:

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
I’d love to see your 155mph blower only time slip with your under 4000 lb racecar 🤷🏻‍♂️Your accusing me of cherry-picking , an insinuation that I can’t make anything repeatable. Just answering the call buddy you came for me remember ?
Thanks
AJ
AJ,

You think you can run with me blower to blower? My stock blower went 9.02 at hemifest with a stock 2.3L blower at a DA of 3,000. Should I post the time slip? Shout I will.

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Lol you guys should just blow each other

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
9,02 pass.jpg 9,02 pass.jpg 9,02 pass.jpg

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
AJ,

If you think you can run with me, well you know how we settle this. Your Demon with the 2.7 blower versus my hellcat with a 2.3L stock blower (I know your blower is not stock). Nothing to hide, cat has been in the garage since Hemifest). Lets be clear, I do not have ported blower or 105 MM TB, however, I do not need it, AJ does.