Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Exactly which parts of a HC interior are real leather?

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Today I was giving the HC its annual Lexol treatment. I ass-u-me all the stitched panels are leather but that means the dash is leather? Is that correct? What about the door insert between the sill and armrest? Back seats?

Lexol is a lot more work than Armor-All so the smart thing would be to Lexol only the real leather and Armor-All on the synthetics. Has anyone seen something that details which pieces are real leather and which are synthetics?

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I didn't think anything was.

Personally, I would skip the armor all 100%.

Bowlerguy92

10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Hellcat Charger Redeye Widebody
I just wipe periodically with cockpit interior cleaner and call it a day

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
I know the actual seating surface on the Wranglers are all that is “real” leather, this I am 100% positive of as I’ve taken a pocket knife and cut leather seats apart in vehicles going to the crusher, we get the leather to use for ISD protection. Nothing like taking a pocket knife to a perfectly good top o the line leather Rubicon seat :cool: makes you feel like a crazy ex girlfriend:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
On the cooled seats I’m not sure if the perforated parts is or not.
Dash is supposed to be leather

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Throw the armor all in the trash. Meguiars is pretty good stuff easy to get.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Personally, I believe Armor -All caused my vinyl to crack in a car I used to treat with it back in the 70’s. I have never used it again. There are too many better products out there today

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
Depends on the year. 2020 and up have real leather on the dash.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I'm sure the seat surfaces are real leather, betting the sides & backs + those door inserts are some sort of 'leatherete'.

As the others have said, trash the Armorall and get something better. My choice is 303 Protectant - works great on the dash & other plastic bits + will not hurt the real leather if you get sloppy with it. I also use it on all that grey plastic trim on the outside (front & rear spoiler, running boards etc.). Also a godsend for the pesky CF stripes. Put on sparingly then a quick/light wipe with a clean MF cloth & it looks great, medium/low sheen & never sticky.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Today I was giving the HC its annual Lexol treatment. I ass-u-me all the stitched panels are leather but that means the dash is leather? Is that correct? What about the door insert between the sill and armrest? Back seats?

Lexol is a lot more work than Armor-All so the smart thing would be to Lexol only the real leather and Armor-All on the synthetics. Has anyone seen something that details which pieces are real leather and which are synthetics?

A bunch of naughas died for that shit man.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Dave, glad 2 sea ya back safe fly. Mikester, I just gut mize Trumpster 6" lock blade knife frum CCU Chattanugger, Tennersee yesterday. Sweet blade and da wooden- boner handle dis buutiful. My buddy eye went 2 HS wit didster a guud job on da emplamint of dis frum Ooltawa, Tannnersea. Guud joobster. Da leathah, wood snot apply da crap lister abuve 2 nuttin. Shrinks, cracks, dryas out evrathang. Gun oil my bester bet. I ordered lethah and va lure package and eye woodn't bet on nun ov it. Slurry 2 say. Luuks 2 beez a bit shotah dan a Kia.

Last edited:

Lize

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bury St Edmunds
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye
Leather on the dash? I really hate mine, the dash and top of the door cards are bare solid plastic.

Since it seems impossible to find an upholsterer who I'd trust to cover it should I be looking for one out of a wrecker? Mines a 2019 though.

IMG_0329.jpeg
IMG_0331.jpeg

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Personally, I'd not want a leather dash or top of door cards. The sun and wear and tear won't be kind to that material. I keep a "satin" protectant on both and they look great.

As for what parts are leather, my 2016 has the Laguna leather and I'm fairly confident the fronts of all seats front and rear are Laguna. Front head rests I'm not sure, could be "leatherette".

Lize

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bury St Edmunds
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Yeah, doubt the dash is leather (tho I've seen it done aftermarket). On the build sheet for my '16 there are 3 things listed as leather - seats, shift knob & steering wheel. If those inserts or the dash were leather you can bet they would have called that out as it's expensive & would be a 'selling point'.

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
The leather dash on my ten-year-old JGC still looks perfect. Never treated it with anything.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Dave, glad 2 sea ya back safe fly. Mikester, I just gut mize Trumpster 6" lock blade knife frum CCU Chattanugger, Tennersee yesterday. Sweet blade and da wooden- boner handle dis buutiful. My buddy eye went 2 HS wit didster a guud job on da emplamint of dis frum Ooltawa, Tannnersea. Guud joobster. Da leathah, wood snot apply da crap lister abuve 2 nuttin. Shrinks, cracks, dryas out evrathang. Gun oil my bester bet. I ordered lethah and va lure package and eye woodn't bet on nun ov it. Slurry 2 say. Luuks 2 beez a bit shotah dan a Kia.

45-70govt

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ghetto
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
My grandpa always had the dash pads on his F-150's crack. When he finally was able to kick his Armor-All habit the cracking stopped. Never use that crap, especially on a Hellcat!

OP
2ndAmend

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Thread Starter #18
Leather on the dash? I really hate mine, the dash and top of the door cards are bare solid plastic.

Since it seems impossible to find an upholsterer who I'd trust to cover it should I be looking for one out of a wrecker? Mines a 2019 though.
Mine have obnoxious white stitching so I assume it’s leather. I wish they used grey, black or dark red thread. 20230730_173038[1].jpg 20230730_172558_HDR[1].jpg

OP
2ndAmend

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Thread Starter #19
OK, since I'm getting beat up on the AA thing, I'll admit, I haven't bought it in at least 15 years, I used "AA" as a generic term. I'm still using up a bottle of STP Son-of-a-Gun (do they still make that?), it was so old it clumped up and I had to filter it through an old t shirt to keep it from clogging the sprayer. (Hey, I'm cheap!)

But the value of this forum is that I learned something, not what I wanted to learn, but useful none-the-less! Thanks! :)

RAMBLE1

Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
NORTH FLORIDA
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 CHALLENGER HELLCAT TorRed RED / REDEYE
My grandpa always had the dash pads on his F-150's crack. When he finally was able to kick his Armor-All habit the cracking stopped. Never use that crap, especially on a Hellcat!
I have been using Armor-All since mid/late 70's (?), I applied a light coat to the dash pad and tires, including the spare tire about once a year. Now, the dash pad and spare tire are in nice shape, both "original", no cracks and good color. My 69' SC/Rambler has always been garaged, since purchased in '71. I just won a Armor-All car kit and plan to keep using the various products. I have thought about using some of the newer products, like 303 protectant or Chemical Guys, to see how they perform against Armor-All. My only concern about Armor-All, seems to be a little greasy and it takes extra effort to remove. Also, if you leave the Armor-All on for a long period of time, it will get a little brownish color, then you must clean and re-apply.