Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Electrical issues, curious on others opinions.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Never trust a weekend build, you want a Tuesday/Wednesday build
Old wives tale. You see if it's a clean build with no problems. Mine went through very fast.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
PM me the VIN. I have some people that can tell me whether the car was a "clean build" or if it had any issues or flags for repair on the assembly line.
In my case, I really don't want to know.

Never trust a weekend build, you want a Tuesday/Wednesday build
Yep, my Durango was built on a Friday. It supposedly went to "in frame" on 4-21 to be exact. Then again, the build sheet appeared on 4-25, a Tuesday, so it apparently took a weekend and then some to get built.

Of course, it doesn't have a frame so maybe that lead to some confusion in the assembly process. And they've been confused about how to get it on a train since.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
PM me the VIN. I have some people that can tell me whether the car was a "clean build" or if it had any issues or flags for repair on the assembly line.
Can I send you my vin and my buddy's as well? Also curious

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
In my case, I really don't want to know.

Yep, my Durango was built on a Friday. It supposedly went to "in frame" on 4-21 to be exact. Then again, the build sheet appeared on 4-25, a Tuesday, so it apparently took a weekend and then some to get built.

Of course, it doesn't have a frame so maybe that lead to some confusion in the assembly process. And they've been confused about how to get it on a train since.
4 door gods are punishing you for all your slander.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
4 door gods are punishing you for all your slander.
Maybe that's the issue...they're desperately trying to find two extra doors?

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I've driven an S5 just recently actually and do agree with you on the interior of those. I'd even say the interior of the RS6 doesn't look fantastic in photos but in person it looks and feels much better, the materials are an extremely high quality and I like the exposed carbon fiber weave they use almost everywhere. My one knock on it, and many manufacturers are bad for this is the use of piano black trim, it smudges, collects dust and scratches just by looking at it the wrong way. I did order some Xpel stealth PPF to cover it all and the screens though.

I'll admit one of my hangups with BMW is the reliability aspect of it. A friend of mine owned an X6M for 12 months, and it spent about 11 of those months in the service bay, no joke. The M3 is an excellent performer, though.

As for the RS6 itself, I am really enjoying it. It's definitely a different animal than I'm used to, there is definitely some throttle/turbo lag, and the car is so refined that it doesn't seem as raw performance-wise as a Hellcat. Launching it you can tell it's pulling power in first so it doesn't have quite that punch-you-in-the-head feeling as my old Trackhawk, but once it hits second gear it freight trains hard. The handling is extremely good though, along with the maneuverability with the 4-wheel steering. I saw in a lot of reviews talk about it being such a heavy car, but it honestly FEELS like it weighs half as much as my Challenger. The nice thing is for $1700 Canadian which is just for a tune I can fix the throttle and turbo lag and gain 162 horsepower and 119 lb-ft in the process. That blows my mind. I thought this car would fly under the radar, but it gets a lot of attention, and a lot of people know exactly what it is. Audi did an incredible job designing this car. I never thought I'd own a station wagon, but as a photographer/videographer and always being on the go, it's so convenient to just throw my camera gear in the hatch and call it a day.

It's all still very weird to me as I've never been someone that's had any love for Audi to be honest. I always just refer to them as expensive Volkswagens, but maybe people are right and the RS cars are special. IF I can find another 23 Redeye Jailbreak Challenger I might still pick one up as well.

View attachment 111931 View attachment 111932 View attachment 111933 View attachment 111934 View attachment 111935 View attachment 111936 View attachment 111937 View attachment 111938
The rs6 is definitely something special no doubt about it, the interior is actually a step up above the s5 (whose interior is really hot garbage but I digress)

Bmw has had reliability issues in the past but so have mercedes and audi, the new s58 is no joke, I was just talking david into his next toy 🤣🤣🤣, and I'm trying to get jon into tuning for the cars, unfortunately dodge has left us with no option but to look elsewhere.

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
My 2023 Redeye Jailbreak came in about a month ago. I have been extremely happy with the car and love the spec as it is quite unique. Since I have got it it has not responded to the fobs at all 3 times for about 5 minutes a time (can't unlock the car, remote start, etc etc), and then everything goes back to normal. It has twice now thrown a ton of error codes on the dash, said no bus where the odometer usually is won't read fuel level, and wipers are going on high even though they're turned off.

Got it into our service department yesterday hoping the battery would test bad and be causing the issues but the battery is fine. It spit out a TON of codes though, a lot relating to the BCM. View attachment 110786 View attachment 110787

I am hoping it's just a bad BCM or loose electrical connectors at the BCM. I have the option to completely walk away from this car with no cost out of my pocket, and I am starting to consider that if it's not a simple fix. For some reason, electrical issues really get to me as I've seen cars with stuff like this not fully ever get resolved. I do still have my 2015 Hellcat as well so it's not like I would be without a Challenger. Investment-wise, I think having a last year Redeye would pay off in the long run, and I do love the car aside from these issues so I'm a bit torn.

I'm curious to know what other people think. I know everyone has their thing that they won't deal with on a new car. For me, it's paintwork and electrical issues right off the bat. I think if I did give it back, I would also trade in my C8 Stingray and pick up an Audi RS6 Avant but I'd have to drive one first and see if they actually have any emotion to them, I seriously doubt they have as much personality as a Redeye.
100%, this is a TIPM failure.

Known issue & recall on some earlier models.

Have dealer test it.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
100%, this is a TIPM failure.

Known issue & recall on some earlier models.

Have dealer test it.
Hellcats don’t have a TIPM, they have a front power distribution center, and it’s the entire wire harness with the fuse box, because it’s all hardwired and not plugs in the bottom.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Could have been that, radio frequency control module, rear power distribution center, bcm, any of it unfortunately

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcats don’t have a TIPM, they have a front power distribution center, and it’s the entire wire harness with the fuse box, because it’s all hardwired and not plugs in the bottom.
Yeah... the FSM still refers to it as TIPM, though...

Just trying to steer the boat toward a solution.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Your manual also says NAG1 lol, but yeah it’s probably multi year

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
The rs6 is definitely something special no doubt about it, the interior is actually a step up above the s5 (whose interior is really hot garbage but I digress)

Bmw has had reliability issues in the past but so have mercedes and audi, the new s58 is no joke, I was just talking david into his next toy 🤣🤣🤣, and I'm trying to get jon into tuning for the cars, unfortunately dodge has left us with no option but to look elsewhere.
You are a bad man. A really bad man. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Your manual also says NAG1 lol, but yeah it’s probably multi year
Yeah... in the 2015 Charger FSM, they constantly swap LX and LD, also.

Cut and paste? Maybe.

Our Royal Enfield Himalayan has an FSM that is is like 90% cut and paste, from models that have nothing to do with the bike. LOL

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Lol probably!

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
You are a bad man. A really bad man. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
With the amount of people on here I'm trying/having success with talking into bmw and porsche we might have to open a new sub-forum called "german hellcats and stuff"

OP
Jroc

Jroc

Premium Account
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Chilliwack
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #76
With the amount of people on here I'm trying/having success with talking into bmw and porsche we might have to open a new sub-forum called "german hellcats and stuff"
Honestly, the amount of people making the switch is crazy.

I probably would have went with an E63s, but they don't sell them up here anymore, and finding a nice used one is hard. I've always considered the AMG cars German Muscle cars the way they're set up.

It would be cool if someone did bespoke tuning for these things instead of using all the canned tunes out there. I am learning the German car tax is real though, $5500 Canadian for an intercooler upgrade, $3900 Canadian for an intake, it's crazy lol.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Honestly, the amount of people making the switch is crazy.

I probably would have went with an E63s, but they don't sell them up here anymore, and finding a nice used one is hard. I've always considered the AMG cars German Muscle cars the way they're set up.
Quality of the new Mercedes is in the toilet. We were dedicated drivers and they went to shit.

OP
Jroc

Jroc

Premium Account
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Chilliwack
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #78
Quality of the new Mercedes is in the toilet. We were dedicated drivers and they went to shit.
I've heard that as well, I've owned a few in the early 2010s and really liked them, but I know quality has gone way downhill on the newer ones.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I've heard that as well, I've owned a few in the early 2010s and really liked them, but I know quality has gone way downhill on the newer ones.
We had them from about 92 and the last 1 was a 2011. Sad that they're now hot garbage.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Too bad. Mercedes was the taxi of choice where I grew up.