Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Dodge power dollars

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
You should feel the difference with a little EVO and 92 HP with the addition of 120 lbs on the back! Never put a back seat on my custom with the 124 TP, so I never found out the difference there, it always scared the crap out of me.
exactly the reason my wife has her own bike...shes only 115 lbs...but it was always noticeable...(plus we would always bonk helmets...)

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
exactly the reason my wife has her own bike...shes only 115 lbs...but it was always noticeable...(plus we would always bonk helmets...)
When we were totally into them she had her own. That was fun, but I often would take my one seater, so she had to figure it out or be behind. We built a monster that weighed almost nothing. Even geared it down a bit and matched it with a Baker 6 for extra fun. I had to sell it because it began to scare the shit out of me. Must have got older? And, then they invented the Hellcat! She really likes riding on the back of the Hog. WTF is a helmet?

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
When we were totally into them she had her own. That was fun, but I often would take my one seater, so she had to figure it out or be behind. We built a monster that weighed almost nothing. Even geared it down a bit and matched it with a Baker 6 for extra fun. I had to sell it because it began to scare the shit out of me. Must have got older? And, then they invented the Hellcat! She really likes riding on the back of the Hog. WTF is a helmet?
LMFAO....yeah we still got a helmet law....and they check...not DOT...then your getting a ticket...I wear a little skid lid...PA has no helmet law...on rides to PA..they come off at the state line...just this summer we were coming back to Buffalo from Erie Pa..(bout 90 miles)..we hit the NY line...and I just never put it back on...rode all the way home...(50 miles or so) without it...yeah I'm a trouble maker..lol

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Having chatted with Erica, she said they made the decision to order a ton of cars at the BASE model in order to get as many people into a Hellcat as cheap as possible (i.e. people who couldn't afford it before, now have a chance!). I'm sure there was a bit of other business decisions behind it, but I'll be an optimist for once and believe the reasoning she stated to be mostly the truth and an admirable one.

Of course, as I stated before here, I think this may come back to bite them. That is A LOT of cars they ordered. First problem I think is the quantity, time to produce, and time of year. I think by the time they get all of the cars to market on the lot you'll be well into November. The Power Dollars is ending Jan 2 so that leaves them a month and a half to sell a couple hundred Hellcats at the low pricing...with winter on the forefront. What happens if they still have a hundred or so left and there is no more $7070/7170/7970 rebate to make the price so attractive and worth it? Come Jan 3 all of these cars go back into the $60k-70k range. I can tell you that would turn me off as a buyer, I'd just buy a 2020. Also, if they still have many of them, obviously the initial intent to get previous buyers into a car who couldn't afford it didn't pan out.

Second, they ordered too many BASE cars.....and waaaaay too many BLACK cars!!! People like Black cars, but the color black is an overwhelming majority compared to other colors they ordered. Put it this way, Erica ran cars for me, out of 225 Chally/Charger HCs, 2 were F8 green. I think there are a lot of people who will/would appreciate the base care and low dollar amount just to get into a Hellcat, but I think most buyers in the market have a couple thousand extra in order to get some nicer seats, the driver and plus pkg that come with it, and/or maybe the HK audio or Nav or a stripe or a wheel combo. In short, I won't be suprised if they have a lot of Hellcats still around in January (note: they got hosed on 2018 Jeep Trackhawks, where they did a similar thing although it was a much lesser number than 225).
imo when gerry wood bought out vipers it was fine cause it's a viper and last year of production.

100+ charger hellcats with a new bodystyle in 2020 is definitely gonna bite em in the @ss, and yes people who are spending 60k+ on a specialty car don't mind spending extra for better sound system, more features, etc. etc. too many base cars is the real issue here.

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye Octane Red
LMFAO....yeah we still got a helmet law....and they check...not DOT...then your getting a ticket...I wear a little skid lid...PA has no helmet law...on rides to PA..they come off at the state line...just this summer we were coming back to Buffalo from Erie Pa..(bout 90 miles)..we hit the NY line...and I just never put it back on...rode all the way home...(50 miles or so) without it...yeah I'm a trouble maker..lol

rebel.gif

HellcatMatt

Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Having chatted with Erica, she said they made the decision to order a ton of cars at the BASE model in order to get as many people into a Hellcat as cheap as possible (i.e. people who couldn't afford it before, now have a chance!). I'm sure there was a bit of other business decisions behind it, but I'll be an optimist for once and believe the reasoning she stated to be mostly the truth and an admirable one.

Of course, as I stated before here, I think this may come back to bite them. That is A LOT of cars they ordered. First problem I think is the quantity, time to produce, and time of year. I think by the time they get all of the cars to market on the lot you'll be well into November. The Power Dollars is ending Jan 2 so that leaves them a month and a half to sell a couple hundred Hellcats at the low pricing...with winter on the forefront. What happens if they still have a hundred or so left and there is no more $7070/7170/7970 rebate to make the price so attractive and worth it? Come Jan 3 all of these cars go back into the $60k-70k range. I can tell you that would turn me off as a buyer, I'd just buy a 2020. Also, if they still have many of them, obviously the initial intent to get previous buyers into a car who couldn't afford it didn't pan out.

Second, they ordered too many BASE cars.....and waaaaay too many BLACK cars!!! People like Black cars, but the color black is an overwhelming majority compared to other colors they ordered. Put it this way, Erica ran cars for me, out of 225 Chally/Charger HCs, 2 were F8 green. I think there are a lot of people who will/would appreciate the base care and low dollar amount just to get into a Hellcat, but I think most buyers in the market have a couple thousand extra in order to get some nicer seats, the driver and plus pkg that come with it, and/or maybe the HK audio or Nav or a stripe or a wheel combo. In short, I won't be suprised if they have a lot of Hellcats still around in January (note: they got hosed on 2018 Jeep Trackhawks, where they did a similar thing although it was a much lesser number than 225).
I also cringe at what this can do with the used market in a few years. Specifically MMR potentially getting flooded with a bunch of base cars and dealers low-balling the high optioned cars on trade as a result.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I also cringe at what this can do with the used market in a few years. Specifically MMR potentially getting flooded with a bunch of base cars and dealers low-balling the high optioned cars on trade as a result.
welcome to r*tard central with fca dealers where they think they can move hellcats in the dead of winter on the eve of a new bodystyle for one of their models.... like I said fca dealerships are the dumbest of them all. they are ordering 100+ cars you would think they would order multiples of every color, some loaded cars for each color some mid level optioned out and the rest just base cars, that would be the way to move majority of cars, obviously the higher optioned ones would sit but in 6 months with no power dollars does a potential buyer want to buy a 76k msrp charger marked down to 60k or a 68k msrp charger marked down to 52k with the same amount of options as a dodge dart.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
welcome to r*tard central with fca dealers where they think they can move hellcats in the dead of winter on the eve of a new bodystyle for one of their models.... like I said fca dealerships are the dumbest of them all. they are ordering 100+ cars you would think they would order multiples of every color, some loaded cars for each color some mid level optioned out and the rest just base cars, that would be the way to move majority of cars, obviously the higher optioned ones would sit but in 6 months with no power dollars does a potential buyer want to buy a 76k msrp charger marked down to 60k or a 68k msrp charger marked down to 52k with the same amount of options as a dodge dart.
Makes one wonder....the move is either brilliant...or a huge bust...you would think they would know their business

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Makes one wonder....the move is either brilliant...or a huge bust...you would think they would know their business
initial thoughts were genius, gerry wood made out like bandits.... the the realization sunk in that these are daily driven cars that are 60-70k cars, for a 60k car to have cloth no navigation, 6 speakers, no sunroof, no blindspot, etc. etc. the only people who would buy these are niche enthusiasts.... like members of this forum.... problem is majority of us already have them and aren't likely to downgrade to a base car, some of us daily drive and stuff like blindspot is an added bonus.... we shall see how badly this ends cause there is no way in hell they are unloading 200+ hellcats from now until December let alone when they get them all mid to late November.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
initial thoughts were genius, gerry wood made out like bandits.... the the realization sunk in that these are daily driven cars that are 60-70k cars, for a 60k car to have cloth no navigation, 6 speakers, no sunroof, no blindspot, etc. etc. the only people who would buy these are niche enthusiasts.... like members of this forum.... problem is majority of us already have them and aren't likely to downgrade to a base car, some of us daily drive and stuff like blindspot is an added bonus.... we shall see how badly this ends cause there is no way in hell they are unloading 200+ hellcats from now until December let alone when they get them all mid to late November.
Im just amazed the volume of these cars the market can bear....loaded or other wise...since 15...they made a ton of these...

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Im just amazed the volume of these cars the market can bear....loaded or other wise...since 15...they made a ton of these...
that's also true.

Member ID
Reactions
City
B
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat
My local dealer feels FCA will extend Powerbucks on 2019 models til sold. Dealers loading up maybe feel the same way or it’s a true statement. If that’s the case December is not the true deadline. This would certainly help all dealers move the year prior enventory. Results in fewer 2-3 year old NEW cars hanging around.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
My local dealer feels FCA will extend Powerbucks on 2019 models til sold. Dealers loading up maybe feel the same way or it’s a true statement. If that’s the case December is not the true deadline. This would certainly help all dealers move the year prior enventory. Results in fewer 2-3 year old NEW cars hanging around.
from my experience most dealers know d*ck about the future, with that being said if Koons gained inside info that powerbucks was being extended then it would make a lot of sense as to why they ordered so many...
still don't know if ordering a bunch of base models was the best course of action.

Add the fact that all those $500 hellcat deals are coming off lease and maybe powerbucks gets extended for leases because at some point powerbucks is gonna get old and again most buyers will want the brand new charger wb.

Member ID
Reactions
City
B
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat
Charger.....yes/definitely new model
Challenger... maybe not, just isn’t enough differences between 2019 & 2020

Tannehill

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New castle
State
DE
Country
United States
Me thinks Koons and Dodge have some deal in place, mostly that their huge order was spec dependent (as in, Dodge wanted X cars produced to fill the sales quota and dump parts spares) and of course there would be some benefits to Koons behind the curtain. Erica's recent post about being able to change some to the addition of a sunroof tips me off, in addition to the fact I just asked 2 days ago if they could change a current model in the system not built yet to a spec I wanted...and the answer was no.

I think this goes for their Redeyes too. I see today they have 6 new ones on the way.....all the same spec as the fairly base silver one they already have. Widebody Redeye with 3.09 rear (cheap cloth seats, no other basic goodies). Correct me if I am wrong, but I was of the understanding that a "normal" person would want the stock rear, and only the 3.09 if they wanted to drag race it a lot. They're going to have a bunch of BASE, 3.09 rear end Redeyes now, or high optioned Redeyes nearing $90k. Nothing in between.

Unless I buy something on a whim in a week, month, etc. I think I'm just going to let my 2016 Hellcat lease end, hand it in, and go back to driving my paid off Jeep SRT. I've let the power dollars money try and convince me into needing to buy a new vehicle, when I really don't. I can't really find what I want in a Challenger and ordering it wouldn't work for my current vehicle registration logistics (just moved to a new state and reg clock is ticking). I was considering a Charger, but....I just can't do the interior. The center stack looks so cheap, it was one of my dislikes in my 2015 Charger HC. I get in my Jeep and ask myself why the hell I want to get rid of it!! It's still in beautiful shape! The power of the Hellcat is intoxicating though!

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Charger.....yes/definitely new model
Challenger... maybe not, just isn’t enough differences between 2019 & 2020
oh yeah I'm specifically talking about chargers, nothing new in the chally's so having a 2019 vs 2020 isn't a big difference.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Me thinks Koons and Dodge have some deal in place, mostly that their huge order was spec dependent (as in, Dodge wanted X cars produced to fill the sales quota and dump parts spares) and of course there would be some benefits to Koons behind the curtain. Erica's recent post about being able to change some to the addition of a sunroof tips me off, in addition to the fact I just asked 2 days ago if they could change a current model in the system not built yet to a spec I wanted...and the answer was no.

I think this goes for their Redeyes too. I see today they have 6 new ones on the way.....all the same spec as the fairly base silver one they already have. Widebody Redeye with 3.09 rear (cheap cloth seats, no other basic goodies). Correct me if I am wrong, but I was of the understanding that a "normal" person would want the stock rear, and only the 3.09 if they wanted to drag race it a lot. They're going to have a bunch of BASE, 3.09 rear end Redeyes now, or high optioned Redeyes nearing $90k. Nothing in between.

Unless I buy something on a whim in a week, month, etc. I think I'm just going to let my 2016 Hellcat lease end, hand it in, and go back to driving my paid off Jeep SRT. I've let the power dollars money try and convince me into needing to buy a new vehicle, when I really don't. I can't really find what I want in a Challenger and ordering it wouldn't work for my current vehicle registration logistics (just moved to a new state and reg clock is ticking). I was considering a Charger, but....I just can't do the interior. The center stack looks so cheap, it was one of my dislikes in my 2015 Charger HC. I get in my Jeep and ask myself why the hell I want to get rid of it!! It's still in beautiful shape! The power of the Hellcat is intoxicating though!
yeah it is definitely perplexing, all of the chargers ordered are pretty much base.... no high optioned ones last time I checked. charger is the more practical of the two, I don't want a chally so if I have to wait for wb I don't mind, I would rather have those 2 extra doors and not need them most of the time than want those 2 extra doors if I'm going out with some buddies to an event. the m5/e63 is basically a hellcat that can corner and had all the tech and luxury goodies, even though it sounds quieter a proper exhaust can fix that, I just don't think paying $120k or doubling/tripling the lease payment of $650 is worth it for me at this point in time.

I'm hoping to score a circa $650 lease on one of their aged units, driving without hk might just kill me though 🤣🤣🤣🤣, did you get the hk on your charger?

Tannehill

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New castle
State
DE
Country
United States
yeah it is definitely perplexing, all of the chargers ordered are pretty much base.... no high optioned ones last time I checked. charger is the more practical of the two, I don't want a chally so if I have to wait for wb I don't mind, I would rather have those 2 extra doors and not need them most of the time than want those 2 extra doors if I'm going out with some buddies to an event. the m5/e63 is basically a hellcat that can corner and had all the tech and luxury goodies, even though it sounds quieter a proper exhaust can fix that, I just don't think paying $120k or doubling/tripling the lease payment of $650 is worth it for me at this point in time.

I'm hoping to score a circa $650 lease on one of their aged units, driving without hk might just kill me though 🤣🤣🤣🤣, did you get the hk on your charger?
I had the HK on my 2015 Charger HC, I thought it sucked. The Challenger isn't much better.

Now the upgraded stereo in the Jeep SRT....another win for keeping it. I've even looked to score a 2018 Trackhawk leftover or used, still dumb ass prices. They just sit and protect the pavement on lots.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I had the HK on my 2015 Charger HC, I thought it sucked. The Challenger isn't much better.

Now the upgraded stereo in the Jeep SRT....another win for keeping it. I've even looked to score a 2018 Trackhawk leftover or used, still dumb ass prices. They just sit and protect the pavement on lots.
welcome to fca, did you try your hand at the m550ix? a jb4 non flash chip will take it to 550 hp, 0-60 in 3.3, massaging seats, hud, acc, semi autonomous driving. I have been contemplating one of those as well.