Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Dodge power dollars

Member ID
Reactions
City
Sheboygan
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat
Did Dodge extend or stop the Power dollars deal today?

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
Yep... my local dealer has them 18k off MSRP.

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Red Eye 1969 Hellcat Cuda
Where, where, where? Please share.

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
Where, where, where? Please share.
Adam over at South County. He Has the HP number wrong and will honor the $7970

Screen Shot 2019-10-01 at 4.26.25 PM.png

Tannehill

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New castle
State
DE
Country
United States
Adam over at South County. He Has the HP number wrong and will honor the $7970

View attachment 3573
Not sure how he's doing it, he's losing a couple thousand on that car and that's even considering he's getting some marketing/delivery money.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Wow 18 grand off MSRP...now if you paid 10...15 grand over MSRP back in 2015...just look what a F#*#%ng you took...my god that's crazy

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Oh, them. Thanks. Their discounts come and go depending on what's in stock or coming on the rails. They piss off most the dealers in the bay area
who don't understand how they can do it. Right now is an exception of course. They weren't as lucrative with discounts when I ordered my RE.

I paid "invoice" for my RE at a dealer closer to me and now I feel like I really got screwed. It's a crazy time right now.

tkracing1

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bay Area
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger
Oh, them. Thanks. Their discounts come and go depending on what's in stock or coming on the rails. They piss off most the dealers in the bay area
who don't understand how they can do it. Right now is an exception of course. They weren't as lucrative with discounts when I ordered my RE.

I paid "invoice" for my RE at a dealer closer to me and now I feel like I really got screwed. It's a crazy time right now.
Yeah I agree... his mood changes daily and a pain but on good days you can get him to deal. Had him 2 months ago at 15.5k off a RE. Not sure why he added 2500 when he doesn't even have any inventory. San Leandro has a PC, 2 B5's and a sublime green but they are the worst dealership to deal with. Just 8 months ago had their RE priced at $145k.

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Yeah I agree... his mood changes daily and a pain but on good days you can get him to deal. Had him 2 months ago at 15.5k off a RE. Not sure why he added 2500 when he doesn't even have any inventory. San Leandro has a PC, 2 B5's and a sublime green but they are the worst dealership to deal with. Just 8 months ago had their RE priced at $145k.
San Leandro, lololololol Yes, they're freakin' crazy! I use to stop by there somewhat regularly (on the way to a work vendor I used) just to see the cool cars they get in. Always super high priced. Although I knew better, I suckered for the bait a sales mgr. put out to bring my Scat Pack in the next day so they could see it and he guaranteed I'd drive out in a new Hellcat at "invoice". Would need final approval from one of the owners. Next day, the sales mgr. wasn't there and the owner said "no way". GOT ME! Went home with half my day wasted. I knew better, but my strong desire for the cat drew me in! (got a RE a year later).

Tannehill

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New castle
State
DE
Country
United States
Searching the Challenger Hellcat (all trims) inventory in the United States has raised a potential problem in my eye:

Koons is going to have a ton of BASE cars, meaning cloth seats and no options. Most everyone else has $80,000-$96,000 cars. There is NOT MUCH in between! Meaning no moderate optioned normal Hellcats, widebody Hellcats, or Normal body Redeyes.

I could be wrong, but I feel confident most people see the power dollars as a way to score a great ride for a price in the mid-high $60's out the door. Sure Redeye, widebody buyers are going to get a great deal, but I don't think the loaded Redeye buyer is the large market segment to move all of this inventory(?).

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Searching the Challenger Hellcat (all trims) inventory in the United States has raised a potential problem in my eye:

Koons is going to have a ton of BASE cars, meaning cloth seats and no options. Most everyone else has $80,000-$96,000 cars. There is NOT MUCH in between! Meaning no moderate optioned normal Hellcats, widebody Hellcats, or Normal body Redeyes.

I could be wrong, but I feel confident most people see the power dollars as a way to score a great ride for a price in the mid-high $60's out the door. Sure Redeye, widebody buyers are going to get a great deal, but I don't think the loaded Redeye buyer is the large market segment to move all of this inventory(?).
they just posted record sales for chally/charger and durango. I think at this point fca doesn't care, unfortunate cause there's going to be a solid 500+ charger/challenger hc's remaining going into January of next year, koons is gonna have a big problem cause they are ordering a bunch of base cars, they got to know something we don't.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody

While we didn't have the huge incentives up here it was exactly the "base Hellcat" concept that finally drew me in (for reasons I've outlined in my build thread). Even without the US incentives I got mine for a steal with employee pricing and a military discount over and above what the base car deleted as standard equipment from previous years.

And the car still has too much tech for my liking.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Miami
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat
I dont know why but i just read an article on a 1320 that ran 11.3 with skinny fronts, a diet (lbs reduction) and Mickey Thompson rear slick radials. That being the case i wonder what a redeye or hellcat would run with the same adjustments. I also dont know the weight difference between a fully loaded redeye and a base one. Read somewhere that between the sunroof and Harman Kardon stereo there is a 50 lbs diff. Wonder how fatter she gets with all the goodies or options. Weight is an issue with our cars if you are going to go to the track.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Miami
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat
As an example, i own a Harley with an S&S 124 motor. 141hp and 140 lbs torque. When i ride with my wife and the tour pack attached the power difference is very noticeable. Still fast but slower.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
As an example, i own a Harley with an S&S 124 motor. 141hp and 140 lbs torque. When i ride with my wife and the tour pack attached the power difference is very noticeable. Still fast but slower.
You should feel the difference with a little EVO and 92 HP with the addition of 120 lbs on the back! Never put a back seat on my custom with the 124 TP, so I never found out the difference there, it always scared the crap out of me.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
I dont know why but i just read an article on a 1320 that ran 11.3 with skinny fronts, a diet (lbs reduction) and Mickey Thompson rear slick radials. That being the case i wonder what a redeye or hellcat would run with the same adjustments. I also dont know the weight difference between a fully loaded redeye and a base one. Read somewhere that between the sunroof and Harman Kardon stereo there is a 50 lbs diff. Wonder how fatter she gets with all the goodies or options. Weight is an issue with our cars if you are going to go to the track.
Mid to high 10s.

My stripper M6 WB is going to give up 3 tenths to a well driven auto... but should still muster a 10.9. The MPH is the telltale difference between the 392 and HC - the 1320 makes the most of what it has.

Last edited:

steven_sbs

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Southern
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Plum Crazy 2019 Redeye Widebody
Dodge fans can order their 2019 model-year muscle car to spec until Wednesday, October 23
The “Dodge Power Dollars” $10 per horsepower cash allowance is available on any 2019 Dodge Charger, Challenger or Durango from dealer inventory until Jan. 2, 2020.
https://media.fcanorthamerica.com/newsrelease.do?id=21310&mid=1

PIERRE M.

Member ID
Reactions
City
CIUDAD JUAREZ
State
Non-US
Country
Mexico
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat.
Dodge fans can order their 2019 model-year muscle car to spec until Wednesday, October 23
The “Dodge Power Dollars” $10 per horsepower cash allowance is available on any 2019 Dodge Charger, Challenger or Durango from dealer inventory until Jan. 2, 2020.
https://media.fcanorthamerica.com/newsrelease.do?id=21310&mid=1
2020 finally available to order in november??

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Tannehill

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New castle
State
DE
Country
United States
they just posted record sales for chally/charger and durango. I think at this point fca doesn't care, unfortunate cause there's going to be a solid 500+ charger/challenger hc's remaining going into January of next year, koons is gonna have a big problem cause they are ordering a bunch of base cars, they got to know something we don't.
Having chatted with Erica, she said they made the decision to order a ton of cars at the BASE model in order to get as many people into a Hellcat as cheap as possible (i.e. people who couldn't afford it before, now have a chance!). I'm sure there was a bit of other business decisions behind it, but I'll be an optimist for once and believe the reasoning she stated to be mostly the truth and an admirable one.

Of course, as I stated before here, I think this may come back to bite them. That is A LOT of cars they ordered. First problem I think is the quantity, time to produce, and time of year. I think by the time they get all of the cars to market on the lot you'll be well into November. The Power Dollars is ending Jan 2 so that leaves them a month and a half to sell a couple hundred Hellcats at the low pricing...with winter on the forefront. What happens if they still have a hundred or so left and there is no more $7070/7170/7970 rebate to make the price so attractive and worth it? Come Jan 3 all of these cars go back into the $60k-70k range. I can tell you that would turn me off as a buyer, I'd just buy a 2020. Also, if they still have many of them, obviously the initial intent to get previous buyers into a car who couldn't afford it didn't pan out.

Second, they ordered too many BASE cars.....and waaaaay too many BLACK cars!!! People like Black cars, but the color black is an overwhelming majority compared to other colors they ordered. Put it this way, Erica ran cars for me, out of 225 Chally/Charger HCs, 2 were F8 green. I think there are a lot of people who will/would appreciate the base care and low dollar amount just to get into a Hellcat, but I think most buyers in the market have a couple thousand extra in order to get some nicer seats, the driver and plus pkg that come with it, and/or maybe the HK audio or Nav or a stripe or a wheel combo. In short, I won't be suprised if they have a lot of Hellcats still around in January (note: they got hosed on 2018 Jeep Trackhawks, where they did a similar thing although it was a much lesser number than 225).