Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Demon 170 Sold On Bring A Trailer

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #41

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Way more for our 1st house. It was $60K.
My wife and I are still in our first house..(new build 1974 the year we were married...)..4 yrs. ago we did a complete exterior make over...roof... windows...siding..garage doors..and all man doors gutters...sidewalks...driveway..you name it...makeover cost over 3 times the original build cost.....it was our first..(and last house)...were gonna die here...I have everything I need here...and have no mortgage...people sometimes find it hard to believe I've had the same wife..same job..and same house for 50 years....

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #43
My wife and I are still in our first house..(new build 1974 the year we were married...)..4 yrs. ago we did a complete exterior make over...roof... windows...siding..garage doors..and all man doors gutters...sidewalks...driveway..you name it...makeover cost over 3 times the original build cost.....it was our first..(and last house)...were gonna die here...I have everything I need here...and have no mortgage...people sometimes find it hard to believe I've had the same wife..same job..and same house for 50 years....
We might sell this house we had custom built 6 years ago. Not sure. We are seriously downsizing.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
We might sell this house we had custom built 6 years ago. Not sure. We are seriously downsizing.
I will say...this house is now a pita for my wife...finished basement...(where washer and dryer are)...the 4 bedrooms are upstairs...she has to lug laundry up and down 2 flights of stairs...@ 70...it's a chore..

RAMBLE1

Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
NORTH FLORIDA
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 CHALLENGER HELLCAT TorRed RED / REDEYE
Now, if you had the same car for 50 years, superfecta!

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Now, if you had the same car for 50 years, superfecta!
Only wish I would have kept my 71 Demon...(but I still own my 27 yr.old Viper I bought new...)

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #47
I will say...this house is now a pita for my wife...finished basement...(where washer and dryer are)...the 4 bedrooms are upstairs...she has to lug laundry up and down 2 flights of stairs...@ 70...it's a chore..
That's no good. The washer and dryer has to be on the same level as the bedrooms.

Way back I was 1 of 1st builders to do that in my 2 stories.

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
I've never bought a sunroof car...
Me either but I do like T-tops!!!

Our last two Cherokee's have had the panoramic sunroof which is really nice and BIG!

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
We've been in the same house for 25 years but we bought land last year to build our forever home for that very reason. Going with a single story smaller home with everything we will need as we age. My wife has MS, which is under control, but I want to build the house ADA and wheel chair accessible just in case.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
For me I rarely use it. My jeep has one and for the 2nd time it was raining on me on my way home last night. The drain freezes and and water spills over. Was coming out the top console and the a piller. There was some snow behind both front wheels so it may have been blocked

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
That's no good. The washer and dryer has to be on the same level as the bedrooms.

Way back I was 1 of 1st builders to do that in my 2 stories.
Back in 74..nobody did that...she was only 20 then...guess we never thought we would get old..:giggle::giggle:;)

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #52
Back in 74..nobody did that...she was only 20 then...guess we never thought we would get old..:giggle::giggle:;)
Get her a housekeeper part time to take care of that stuff. We have someone come in for general housecleaning.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
For me I rarely use it. My jeep has one and for the 2nd time it was raining on me on my way home last night. The drain freezes and and water spills over. Was coming out the top console and the a piller. There was some snow behind both front wheels so it may have been blocked
I have one on my Ram...(a huge double one)..I bought it off the lot..it is a loaded limited...I never open it..

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Get her a housekeeper part time to take care of that stuff. We have someone come in for general housecleaning.
That's been a huge point of contention..I would do it tmro....she wont hear it...she wants no one in the house...she also works full time..it's more than a chore...

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #55
I have one on my Ram...(a huge double one)..I bought it off the lot..it is a loaded limited...I never open it..
Put back the shade on sunny days in the winter. Makes it much nicer inside the truck.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
We know more than a few trustworthy capable women that would gladly do it ..and they could use the money...she's a stubborn Irish girl...

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #57
That's been a huge point of contention..I would do it tmro....she wont hear it...she wants no one in the house...she also works full time..it's more than a chore...
I can understand that. You have to be home while they are there and keep any goodies secure.

We work from home so it's different for us.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Put back the shade on sunny days in the winter. Makes it much nicer inside the truck.
WNY has 3 sunny days during winter,,:giggle::giggle:;)

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #59
We know more than a few trustworthy capable women that would gladly do it ..and they could use the money...she's a stubborn Irish girl...
Maybe you can convince her to try it once or twice?

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #60
WNY has 3 sunny days during winter,,:giggle::giggle:;)
Actually I keep ours open all the time from about October until April.