Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Dealer Sells Soldier's Demon 170 While He's Deployed In Iraq

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #161
Perhaps.

But why not give them the opportunity? Why does the dealer associate fight so hard against it? What are they afraid of?

And if they pay the dealer to take care of delivery, they would take responsibility of the car. But now that you mentioned that, there have been 2 instances where the dealer tried to skirt responsibility that have happened to both my brother and sister.

So, they kind of avoid it in this current market. No one is really a fan of the dealer experience.
The car buying experience is the worst that I ever remember.

RAMBLE1

Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
NORTH FLORIDA
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 CHALLENGER HELLCAT TorRed RED / REDEYE
Yes (as do most of the EV start-ups), but they are constantly battling the Auto Dealers Assoc. over the issue.

Our bought & paid for FL legislature gives into the dealers here all the time & in a big way. They passed a law blocking out of state dealers from selling manufactures extended warranties here & fixing the price @ MSRP. Then last fall passed a law prohibiting direct sales of cars except for Tesla and a few other small players. Meanwhile, dealers here continue to rob consumers with insane ADM's, add-ons and crazy 'fees', like charging $500 for title transfer that actually costs $88 at the DMV.

Typical here to find dealers adding:
$2000 - $3000 for a 'protection' or 'advantage' pkg (useless crap like paint & interior protection, nitro tires, a few oil chgs etc.)
$1000 - $1600 prep/doc fee
$125 - $300 plate transfer (($13 at the DMV)
$300 - $600 title transfer ($88 at the DMV)
ADM on anything selling/popular (I've seen Challenger SXT's with $3000 ADM :oops:)

It is insane to buy a car here !
That is very true! I bought a Redeye, last year, dealer tried to stick me for 1K for window tint and protectant for the leather seats. Luckily, no protectant was applied to the leather seats, as this is detrimental to new leather seats, only apply to older dried out seats. Finally, after a "discussion" they relented, on the tint, as I have difficulty, driving with tinted windows, at night. Also, tried to sell me a non-Mopar warranty, for about 3K, not in this lifetime. I completed the transaction, without one extra cost item. Many years ago, I use to enjoy purchasing a new car/truck, now, it sucks. I bought my last Ram in Louisiana, thousands cheaper, without the extra crap. Now, I'm considering buying a 2024 Ram Classic, in Louisiana, again. It's a long drive, but save thousands...

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
I’m buying my next car on Amazon

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat, Demon, Trackhawk and project X,
I’m buying my next car on Amazon
Apparently Hyundai cut a deal with Amazon and starting sometime this year that is an option.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Apparently Hyundai cut a deal with Amazon and starting sometime this year that is an option.
Yep. Would rather give them my money than a dealership

Member ID
Reactions
City
Caledonia
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 DurangoSRT,2020 ChargerScatPack,2014 Raptor,,
Perhaps.

But why not give them the opportunity? Why does the dealer associate fight so hard against it? What are they afraid of?

And if they pay the dealer to take care of delivery, they would take responsibility of the car. But now that you mentioned that, there have been 2 instances where the dealer tried to skirt responsibility that have happened to both my brother and sister.

So, they kind of avoid it in this current market. No one is really a fan of the dealer experience.
They fight because they can ADM $100,000 per car as it is. If they become a pass thru then they have to take a straight pay per vehicle that could be $1,500 per car or something like that.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
They fight because they can ADM $100,000 per car as it is. If they become a pass thru then they have to take a straight pay per vehicle that could be $1,500 per car or something like that.
As it should be.

And they are no longer getting 100k. Look at BaT.
One just stopped at 168k I believe.
Others on FB being offered at 45-50k over.

Selling to guys who will never return to your dealer for anything.
Pissing off the guys who have a garage full of Mopars but can't play the 100k markup game.

Sounds like a great strategy.

Member ID
Reactions
City
The Triad
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Dodge Demon 170
As it should be.

And they are no longer getting 100k. Look at BaT.
One just stopped at 168k I believe.
Others on FB being offered at 45-50k over.

Selling to guys who will never return to your dealer for anything.
Pissing off the guys who have a garage full of Mopars but can't play the 100k markup game.

Sounds like a great strategy.
Even carbon wheel cars not getting 200k any more

21034.jpeg

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Even carbon wheel cars not getting 200k any more

View attachment 131145
I want the cloth 5 seat version of that car.
No other options.

Seems like most added the leather seat upgrades and half of them have sun roofs.

Only Dodge would do something stupid like allow a sunroof to be an option on a car like this.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I want the cloth 5 seat version of that car.
No other options.

Seems like most added the leather seat upgrades and half of them have sun roofs.

Only Dodge would do something stupid like allow a sunroof to be an option on a car like this.
It all depends and what you are planning on doing with the car. I think most sunroof cars were ordered because they think they will be worth more. I dont see most of them ever going down a drag strip. We have the cloth interior in our challenger. I like the suede seats myself. Never been a fan of smooth leather seats

Sapper

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sioux Falls
State
SD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Durango Hellcat
The dude got another Demon 170 like the dealership stated they would get him smh...... Yea, they sold the other one. Dealerships often do that! They sell cars thats what they do!

OMG heaven forbid the dude had to WAIT a little longer for his Demon 170 wow lets make an internet sensation out of this cause a customer had to wait a little longer to get his Demon.

Is this for real?
Is there some way GN can be removed from this site.
Is it just me or is @GNBRETT not getting the simple fact at all:

IT WAS NOT THIER CAR TO SELL.

I don't know how much more to say on this subject.[/QUOTE

Agree @GNBRETT is in another world. And yes it does matter that the person is in the military and yes YOU have displayed you are NOT a fan of the military. Can we just shoot him now?