Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Corvette E-Ray January 17, 2023

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Ha, I won’t shoot because I 110% agree. It is a Ferrari in disguise.

Yes, the main thought is getting the car to track it. I’ll take any road course videos, feedback and ideas! Having a good day because I just got word they are building my SRT Durango in the next couple of weeks. I need to get down to Texas and ride and drive my friends’ toys, he has told me how incredible the cars are, especially the GT3 RS. The one item he also points out is the minimum of problems with them even as they are used on the tracks. That is what we want to know about these new items from GM, huh?
Durango hellcat or srt?

Yeah porsche designs the cars to be beat on and they are very aftermarket friendly as well, but expensive oem or aftermarket nonetheless.

Here's a great video on the new 992 gt3rs, I'm not sure if people have started taking deliveries but it's gonna be a special car.

Yeah fair point with gm, if you remember the c7 z06 was plagued with heat soak in the 1st year or two, again the difference in build quality and engineering between Germans and Americans is insane. I'm 110% sure that if Germany built the hellcat it would be awd, it would have a lighter chasis/platform, and it would be good for a safe 1000whp on stock blower/block/trans. Unfortunately it would also probably cost 150k 🤣🤣🤣. But.... that's just me dreaming.

Gm is also now having certain issues with the engine/trans in these c8s/z06 so it remains to be seen how they hold up after extended track time.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Durango hellcat or srt?

Yeah porsche designs the cars to be beat on and they are very aftermarket friendly as well, but expensive oem or aftermarket nonetheless.

Here's a great video on the new 992 gt3rs, I'm not sure if people have started taking deliveries but it's gonna be a special car.

Yeah fair point with gm, if you remember the c7 z06 was plagued with heat soak in the 1st year or two, again the difference in build quality and engineering between Germans and Americans is insane. I'm 110% sure that if Germany built the hellcat it would be awd, it would have a lighter chasis/platform, and it would be good for a safe 1000whp on stock blower/block/trans. Unfortunately it would also probably cost 150k 🤣🤣🤣. But.... that's just me dreaming.

Gm is also now having certain issues with the engine/trans in these c8s/z06 so it remains to be seen how they hold up after extended track time.
Did just an SRT with the 6.4. I just need a vehicle that I will like and be my DD, something to pull the Challenger around on my 20’ trailer and last a while. I did not want to pay the xtra or play a game for a Hellcat. I believe I got a pretty good deal with no hassle too, that matters. Someday if necessary I bet Jon can make it sing better.;)

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Did just an SRT with the 6.4. I just need a vehicle that I will like and be my DD, something to pull the Challenger around on my 20’ trailer and last a while. I did not want to pay the xtra or play a game for a Hellcat. I believe I got a pretty good deal with no hassle too, that matters. Someday if necessary I bet Jon can make it sing better.;)
Yeah I understand, 6.4 is no slouch either. The dealer games definitely get old quick af. @jonx96 can definitely make it faster, he made the explorer ST nasty on a tune. 4700lb suv that seats 6 doing 0-60 in 4.0 😱😱😱

Member ID
Reactions
City
Tampa
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
I have a deposit on a #7...(but the dealer is clueless if he will even get one)...if not ..I have enough vehicles that excite me...I never pay over MSRP...so I'm probably done given the current state of things...guess what...that's fine by me;);)
If your deal
America has always been the best bang for buck in my opinion.

Germans are early adopters and high performance but it comes at a heavy cost. Worth it if you can afford it but you also could probably have multiple toys as compared to one swiss army knife. I also find a lot of german and italian owners to be snobbish but that's just personal experience.

But circling back to the carbon ceramics, there's a few knocks on them for example their bite below 40 degrees, efficiency on the street compared to steel brakes, and ultimately cost.

Personally If I'm buying a turbo or carrera I'm probably avoiding them but when you get a gt3 or something to that extent it's almost a knock on resale value if you have the option and don't get em. Also I believe the newer steel brakes are so good there's really little discernible difference between ccb and steel. So the ccb's are really more of a want than must, unfortunately porsche enthusiasts are nuts that can hardly be reasoned with, one of the reasons you see full ppf porsches. (which cost 10k btw)
Correct on the ccb's for sure. Most ppl that track heavily will run good steel discs and calipers instead of the ccb's. Difference in braking performance is negligible in that environment. A little bit of a price to pay on the heavier unsprung weight and rotational mass with steel, but not an issue for 99% of drivers.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Tampa
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Durango hellcat or srt?

Just the first year on the C7 Z06, and only the Automatics had the issue. Yes, the new GT3RS will be such a track weapon. The GT4RS will be also, and is looking to be harder to come by

TraxMoe

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Heartland
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
POS slasher
As far as track time goes I would genuinely like to see them run the car so we can get an accurate benchmark of how the car stands up against the competition.
If you follow the IMSA WeatherTech series. the C8-R track variant of the C-8 Z06 will demonstrate how it stacks up against other cars in it's class

These races are coming up at Daytona International Speedway & Sebring International Speedway

Follow the races on https://www.imsa.com/ Some manufacturers have cameras in the cars so you can watch it from inside the car

Roar Before The Rolex 24 Jan 20 - Jan 22 Rolex 24 tune-up race
Rolex 24 At DAYTONA Jan 26 - Jan 29 24 hour endurance race
Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring Mar 15 - Mar 18 12 Hours endurance race
LeMans 24 hour endurance race Jun 10 - Jun 11 Run this on the
Nuremberg Ring

Last edited:

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
If your deal

Correct on the ccb's for sure. Most ppl that track heavily will run good steel discs and calipers instead of the ccb's. Difference in braking performance is negligible in that environment. A little bit of a price to pay on the heavier unsprung weight and rotational mass with steel, but not an issue for 99% of drivers.
Agreed, plus you figure it's cheaper to routinely maintain the steelies. They say ccb's are good for 100k miles but I doubt it's anywhere near half that if it's tracked quite often.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Just the first year on the C7 Z06, and only the Automatics had the issue. Yes, the new GT3RS will be such a track weapon. The GT4RS will be also, and is looking to be harder to come by
Ah, yeah I knew the c7 z06 had the heat soak issue in the beginning, good to know they fixed it as people were seriously angry about gm releasing a product that wasn't 100%.

I was actually surprised how rare the gt4rs was, I haven't had a chance to drive or even see it in person but I'm sure it's an absolute monster.

992 Gt3rs is something of a dream car, unfortunately allocations will be hard to come by and porsche dealers will start their own shenanigans, Don't be surprised to see some for sale at the 500k mark especially if they have the weissach pack.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
If you follow the IMSA WeatherTech series. the C8-R track variant of the C-8 Z06 will demonstrate how it stacks up against other cars in it's class

These races are coming up at Daytona International Speedway & Sebring International Speedway

Roar Before The Rolex 24 Jan 20 - Jan 22 Rolex 24 tune-up race
Rolex 24 At DAYTONA Jan 26 - Jan 29 24 hour endurance race
Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring Mar 15 - Mar 18 12 Hours endurance race
LeMans 24 hour endurance race Jun 10 - Jun 11 Run this on the
Nuremberg Ring
Good info, I know unofficially some people clocked it at 7:12 and change, the R will probably be quite a bit faster due to dot standards but still a good indicator of how it will stack up against everyone else.

TraxMoe

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Heartland
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
POS slasher
Good info, I know unofficially some people clocked it at 7:12 and change, the R will probably be quite a bit faster due to dot standards but still a good indicator of how it will stack up against everyone else.
log into the https://www.imsa.com/ and you can follow along with different manufactures cameras in their cars.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Dodge is the laughing stock of next generation cars. Whoever the fuck is in charge should have been fired. Ford and Chevy are still in the game meanwhile if I want a v8 I'm gonna have to buy a truck... Dodge can suck the donkey's teets.

TraxMoe

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Heartland
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
POS slasher

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
Still a Chevy though
I was 100% a Chevy guy until the Dodge truck redesign around 1994 and the wife talked me into ordering a new extended cab sport, it was the very first brand new vehicle we ever got! Before then it was always lots of Camaro's, Chevy trucks, Caprice Classics, Malibu's and even a couple Nova's, etc. Although none of them where ever new.
Worst case I'll go back to Chevy or maybe even one of those new Batman Mustangs:ROFLMAO::cool:

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I was 100% a Chevy guy until the Dodge truck redesign around 1994 and the wife talked me into ordering a new extended cab sport, it was the very first brand new vehicle we ever got! Before then it was always lots of Camaro's, Chevy trucks, Caprice Classics, Malibu's and even a couple Nova's, etc. Although none of them where ever new.
Worst case I'll go back to Chevy or maybe even one of those new Batman Mustangs:ROFLMAO::cool:
The new mustang should keep a lot happy. The Ford group has a new car and the chevy group are in because it looks like a camaro

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
As far as the CCBs go… the older the car gets the less likely someone will want the CCBs because you’re marketing to a younger and cheaper market that will not be able to afford the brakes on the car. Newer cars, and maybe 1 generation old - sure, you’re still in upper tier used buyer markets… but after a few years (and hard miles on the brakes) they are more of a liability than they’re worth. And to most people they aren’t worth much.

If Dodge did the same as the e-ray… we would have our 1000+hp Hellcat… and they’d be able to leverage some of their new battery tech to send off an old platform. Maybe #7 was blowing up motors, but they were electric. lol.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
As far as the CCBs go… the older the car gets the less likely someone will want the CCBs because you’re marketing to a younger and cheaper market that will not be able to afford the brakes on the car. Newer cars, and maybe 1 generation old - sure, you’re still in upper tier used buyer markets… but after a few years (and hard miles on the brakes) they are more of a liability than they’re worth. And to most people they aren’t worth much.

If Dodge did the same as the e-ray… we would have our 1000+hp Hellcat… and they’d be able to leverage some of their new battery tech to send off an old platform. Maybe #7 was blowing up motors, but they were electric. lol.
Rumint was they tried an electric supercharger and it kept going boom.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Rumint was they tried an electric supercharger and it kept going boom.
Interesting… they should have used a clutched pulley, lol.

TraxMoe

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Heartland
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
POS slasher

Think about this, just to replace both front rotors and pads it'll set you back close to $8,000 for the CCB vs $2,460 for iron rotors and pads. granted these are list prices. but if you can't do the work yourself the labor will be through the roof. They won't give you a break on the parts cost. list price it is and you can just double that for a complete brake job. $16 grand just for parts.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #79
Yeah I can't justify $300K for a car so a brand new 911 Turbo S is out, but I've seen more than a couple go on BAT (for what that's worth) for $120s with almost no miles on them and VERY well optioned. Given a $100K Hellcat, $100K Corvette, or a $120K 911 Turbo S, I'm taking the Porche every time. That first couple years of depreciation on those $300K cars is a doozy.

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Dodge is the laughing stock of next generation cars. Whoever the fuck is in charge should have been fired. Ford and Chevy are still in the game meanwhile if I want a v8 I'm gonna have to buy a truck... Dodge can suck the donkey's teets.
Don't look now, but all the '23 Ram 1500 5.7's are eTorque! :mad: