Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale 2023

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
They tried to steal a car from me that I took to Kissimmee. Said why do you think that your car worth more? I told him, they signaled that it was a good car and it did the money that I wanted. Took me about 60 days to get paid so I've never gone back.
A guy I know had a pristine 440/6pack road runner that was one of their poster cars..it did all the money...but the fees were outrageous...

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
Another piece of mopar junk from the dark days..."said with all due respect and admiration to yer dad";)
My brother drove a Diplomat with 318ci in high school!

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
A guy I know had a pristine 440/6pack road runner that was one of their poster cars..it did all the money...but the fees were outrageous...
It was the poster car so they needed it to do all the money. They wanted more of them to get listed for next sale.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
10% I believe. Not that crazy if it brings more $$ than you would have received elsewhere. Other costs (including time) suck though. Listing (usually 1-2K), shipping car there, hotel, airfare spending etc. Worst of all is the STRESS leading up to the sale. Time moves like MOLASSES. Buying? Easy breezy and much more fun...I've done both ends of this dance.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
10% I believe. Not that crazy if it brings more $$ than you would have received elsewhere. Other costs (including time) suck though. Listing (usually 1-2K), shipping car there, hotel, airfare spending etc. Worst of all is the STRESS leading up to the sale. Time moves like MOLASSES. Now, Buying? Easy breezy and much more fun...I've done both ends of this dance.
I was a wholesaler in the 90s. Talk about stress when it's your cash, providing for your family and the market dancing like crazy! Margins were slim and having a loser was very easy.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
10% I believe. Not that crazy if it brings more $$ than you would have received elsewhere. Other costs (including time) suck though. Listing (usually 1-2K), shipping car there, hotel, airfare spending etc. Worst of all is the STRESS leading up to the sale. Time moves like MOLASSES. Buying? Easy breezy and much more fun...I've done both ends of this dance.
It cost him to have his car featured as a poster car...but that's what he wanted...it was also featured in their broadcasts..@ a price...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I was a wholesaler in the 90s. Talk about stress when it's your cash, providing for your family and the market dancing like crazy! Margins were slim and having a loser was very easy.
I have a friend that has been in that business for years...covid pricing drove him crazy..he couldn't buy cars @ Manheim high line sales for what he was selling them for months prior...he specializes in higher mileage exotics...the market has softened somewhat...but certainly not what it was...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Agreed...even when your an experienced savvy buyer...you still run the risk of getting burned

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I have a friend that has been in that business for years...covid pricing drove him crazy..he couldn't buy cars @ Manheim high line sales for what he was selling them for months prior...he specializes in higher mileage exotics...the market has softened somewhat...but certainly not what it was...
I was at Manheim every Friday and many highline sales. It drove me crazy. Hardly any sleep and stress was over the top. I didn't have a retail lot to sell.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Agreed...even when your an experienced savvy buyer...you still run the risk of getting burned
We formed a "quasi" partnership...Sept/Oct...Manheim PA auction...we buy from 10/15 convertibles from Northeast dealers looking to cash out...I finance the deal..store them in my warehouse..then in Apr/May (depending on the weather) we take em back and run em through...we have done very nicely...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I was at Manheim every Friday and many highline sales. It drove me crazy. Hardly any sleep and stress was over the top. I didn't have a retail lot to sell.
5/6 years ago it was like a circus..(alot of foreign buyers)...now he does the majority on line and OVE sites

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
We formed a "quasi" partnership...Sept/Oct...Manheim PA auction...we buy from 10/15 convertibles from Northeast dealers looking to cash out...I finance the deal..store them in my warehouse..then in Apr/May (depending on the weather) we take em back and run em through...we have done very nicely...
I never had the backing for that kind of thing. Many people would come to Florida and buy verts during the winter and sell them in the spring market. Guess that nothing has changed.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
5/6 years ago it was like a circus..(alot of foreign buyers)...now he does the majority on line and OVE sites
All that was after my time.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I never had the backing for that kind of thing. Many people would come to Florida and buy verts during the winter and sell them in the spring market. Guess that nothing has changed.
To me it was always fun....I would go once a month to the high line sale...(I was like a kid in a candy store,,,) to him it was work...and he's good @ it..he waits till the last car is run..I cant tell you how many times he's gotten deals when a dealer no sales a car early...but needs to cash out @ the end...and takes sometimes less than 1500 than he wanted earlier...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
To me it was always fun....I would go once a month to the high line sale...(I was like a kid in a candy store,,,) to him it was work...and he's good @ it..he waits till the last car is run..I cant tell you how many times he's gotten deals when a dealer no sales a car early...but needs to cash out @ the end...and takes sometimes less than 1500 than he wanted earlier...
All that was after my time.
But your right...wouldn't wanna do it for a living...

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
But your right...wouldn't wanna do it for a living...
I ended up with lymes disease. Closed up and that was that. Never missed it.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I ended up with lymes disease. Closed up and that was that. Never missed it.
Yikes...that can be nasty...he has the perfect set up..It's a mechanical shop (that's always crazy busy)..he has paint and collision and paintless dent facility...and he inventories 30 or so cars...he knows what's gonna break..and when..and what to stay away from..most of his inventory retails for 15 g's or less..no junk...he's my age ...and been fixin cars since he was a kid...not fun in WNY in the winter..but like me..he wont retire...

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Yikes...that can be nasty...he has the perfect set up..It's a mechanical shop (that's always crazy busy)..he has paint and collision and paintless dent facility...and he inventories 30 or so cars...he knows what's gonna break..and when..and what to stay away from..most of his inventory retails for 15 g's or less..no junk...he's my age ...and been fixin cars since he was a kid...not fun in WNY in the winter..but like me..he wont retire...
We're not looking to retire anytime soon. We're far to active. I was close to passing from it around 2007. Found some unconventional treatments that killed it off otherwise it would of been over a long time ago.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
We're not looking to retire anytime soon. We're far to active. I was close to passing from it around 2007. Found some unconventional treatments that killed it off otherwise it would of been over a long time ago.
Wow....what a blessing that was...I get the active part..seems these days the only thing I don't have enough of ....is time...I even stopped wearing a watch as a constant reminder of just how fast time flies...:oops:;)

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Wow....what a blessing that was...I get the active part..seems these days the only thing I don't have enough of ....is time...I even stopped wearing a watch as a constant reminder of just how fast time flies...:oops:;)
Yeppers.