Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Bando Belt Failure...

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I always liked the Napa/Gates belts on my 9 second mustang

OP
Djason

Djason

Member ID
Reactions
City
Beach City
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye WB
Thread Starter #42
I did the TBA pulleys. I can't believe how hard it was to turn the bolts on the smooth pulley's but the ribbed one you could have turned by hand:unsure:
I did notice that as well. Not sure if the tolerances are tighter in the idler pulleys compared to the tensioner pulley or if there may have been more threadlocker residual left in the idler pulley locations. Hope you had better luck than I getting a tq wrench to those idler pulleys. Lol

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
I did notice that as well. Not sure if the tolerances are tighter in the idler pulleys compared to the tensioner pulley or if there may have been more threadlocker residual left in the idler pulley locations. Hope you had better luck than I getting a tq wrench to those idler pulleys. Lol
Glad I wasn't the only one noticing high tight the replacement idler bolts went in. I had to start threading them in a couple times as I thought I might be cross threading. I do think it was from leftover factory thread locker.
I used these low profile ones to get better access. 20201019_122159.jpg

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I took the radiator hose off, way easier getting to all of them

OP
Djason

Djason

Member ID
Reactions
City
Beach City
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye WB
Thread Starter #45
Nice...I just used what I had. I didn't remove upper radiator hose but I did zip tie it back which helped a bunch. Just didn't have the room with what I had on hand.