Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Bad news, and pardon my absence

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
@Magnified, hope to hear from you soon.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Again, medicine isn't my specialty at all. I have no predetermined outcome bias, just want to understand the truth. The Ford study states:

"We attribute our findings that differ from other studies to early treatment, and part of a combination of interventions that were done in supportive care of patients, including careful cardiac monitoring. Our dosing also differed from other studies not showing a benefit of the drug. And other studies are either not peer reviewed, have limited numbers of patients, different patient populations or other differences from our patients.”

Early administration of Medicine with COVID-19, dosage differences, etc.

I remember reading somewhere both Hydroxychloroquine nor Remdesivir had any luck in treating late stage COVID-19.

I haven't had a chance to look at other studies posted on here, but will as soon as I have time.

Very interesting topic and important to figure out for the sake of humanity.

This is fine, proper study straight from the organization's website, whether it shows hydroxychloroquine as an effective treatment or uneffective treatment is not the issue, the issue is unsupported facts coming from internet videos and media websites. More of this type of proof and then people can have an actual discussion.

And thank god you attached an actual study and not protocol like someone else here and then claim it as a study.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Thread Starter #83
Okay, here's the deal. After 5 tests (SARS antigen FIA employing immunofluorescence to detect nucleocapsid protein from SARS-CoV and SARS-CoV-2 (detects both but cannot differentiate), using two Read Now and three Walk Away protocols, the results were negative across the board. Assuming all procedures were correctly followed this test tends to provide 95 to 99.5% accuracy (erring only on the size of the false positives). I have the utmost faith in this physician and his clinical practice (he compares favorably to the truly world class physicians, department heads, and specialty clinic heads I worked with in the Houston Medical Center. Purely data driven and, for me this is critical, willing to admit he doesn't know everything and open to discussion (as well as a client and friend). So, that being said, I feel fairly sure that the symptoms exhibiting were not from Covid-19. Never the less, I intend to keep an eye on all of this as it progresses.

I was disappointed to see that this thread became something of a political confrontation - that was not my intent. Sorry for that. Thank you all for your expressed concern and offers of help - it means a great deal. Based on my own investigations, I was in the process of procuring two things: interferon beta 1a (not to be confused with 1b), for treatment, and the Far UVC lighting 222nm wavelength for prevention (most reasonably priced I could find was $2500 - if you can find a better price, let me know). I've done my own meta-analysis and these are the most promising treatments/prophylactics I've found. Once upon a time I was a fair scientist myself.

Hoping you are all well and prosperous.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Okay, here's the deal. After 5 tests (SARS antigen FIA employing immunofluorescence to detect nucleocapsid protein from SARS-CoV and SARS-CoV-2 (detects both but cannot differentiate), using two Read Now and three Walk Away protocols, the results were negative across the board. Assuming all procedures were correctly followed this test tends to provide 95 to 99.5% accuracy (erring only on the size of the false positives). I have the utmost faith in this physician and his clinical practice (he compares favorably to the truly world class physicians, department heads, and specialty clinic heads I worked with in the Houston Medical Center. Purely data driven and, for me this is critical, willing to admit he doesn't know everything and open to discussion (as well as a client and friend). So, that being said, I feel fairly sure that the symptoms exhibiting were not from Covid-19. Never the less, I intend to keep an eye on all of this as it progresses.

I was disappointed to see that this thread became something of a political confrontation - that was not my intent. Sorry for that. Thank you all for your expressed concern and offers of help - it means a great deal. Based on my own investigations, I was in the process of procuring two things: interferon beta 1a (not to be confused with 1b), for treatment, and the Far UVC lighting 222nm wavelength for prevention (most reasonably priced I could find was $2500 - if you can find a better price, let me know). I've done my own meta-analysis and these are the most promising treatments/prophylactics I've found. Once upon a time I was a fair scientist myself.

Awesome and no apologies for the posting we are an awesome group here cause its Hellcat Nation. And we all have different views which hopefully we learn from others ideas and views. No one here I believe wishes harm to others but we get frustrated and better we can vent as a community then be locked down and not express our feelings and views. At the end of the day all conversations are fixable but death ain’t, so thanks for keeping us informed and fighting the negativity that is around us like never before.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Las vegas
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat widebody
Please excuse my disappearance. I have convos and threads I am interested in but these may well languish. I am in New Mexico w almost no connection and found out today one of my kids may have covid. For me and wife, w comorbidities, this could be serious indeed. Talking w physician client tomorrow morning and may be driving 350 miles straight to get him tested. Checked the odds myself and they are on our side, but have to be prudent in our response.

Be good all, catch you once this is straightened out.
Please excuse my disappearance. I have convos and threads I am interested in but these may well languish. I am in New Mexico w almost no connection and found out today one of my kids may have covid. For me and wife, w comorbidities, this could be serious indeed. Talking w physician client tomorrow morning and may be driving 350 miles straight to get him tested. Checked the odds myself and they are on our side, but have to be prudent in our response.

Be good all, catch you once this is straightened out.

Read up on Leronlimab & Lenzilumab. Both monoclonal antibodies , both available for emergency use through your Dr I believe.
Leronlimabs safety profile is excellent and
more trial results are due within the next week or so. Dr Bruce Patterson ( Ceo of incelldx, a bio tech diagnostics company) and former medical director of diagnostic virology at Stanford talks about how effective the drug was at stopping the cytokine storm
(over reaction of the bodys inmune system)
that attacks the bodies organs and can lead to death. In a Ted talk he says the drug stopped the cytokine storm, reduced the viral load to zero and improved T cell response.
This drug is flying under the radar as its owned by a small cap bio tech company
however, that may change very quickly depending on upcoming trial results.
Drug #2 Lenzilumab is in phase 3 trials and is also currently in trial with Remdesivir (Gilead).
A small study recently completed in the Mayo cliinic "showed rapid clinical improvement " median time to recovery and discharge for the group was five days..
Both of these drugs work to stop the cytokine storm. Some people seem to get into real trouble when the disease turns from a virologic disease to a severe immunologic disease. These meds aim to stop that.
On a side note, someone ( big pharma) has connections. A ton of money has been thrown at Gilead (Remdesivir).
The trial results for the drug Remdesivir have been thoroughly underwhelming. Apparently it shortens hospital stays by a few days however, I dont see any clinical data to back this up. Its an anti viral but it didn't show any reduction in viral load. It also showed no reduction in mortality.The media seems to be mia as usual.
Good luck

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6

Glad to hear you’re negative. Did get any ribbons at the science fair? [histerical]

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Read up on Leronlimab & Lenzilumab. Both monoclonal antibodies , both available for emergency use through your Dr I believe.
Leronlimabs safety profile is excellent and
more trial results are due within the next week or so. Dr Bruce Patterson ( Ceo of incelldx, a bio tech diagnostics company) and former medical director of diagnostic virology at Stanford talks about how effective the drug was at stopping the cytokine storm
(over reaction of the bodys inmune system)
that attacks the bodies organs and can lead to death. In a Ted talk he says the drug stopped the cytokine storm, reduced the viral load to zero and improved T cell response.
This drug is flying under the radar as its owned by a small cap bio tech company
however, that may change very quickly depending on upcoming trial results.
Drug #2 Lenzilumab is in phase 3 trials and is also currently in trial with Remdesivir (Gilead).
A small study recently completed in the Mayo cliinic "showed rapid clinical improvement " median time to recovery and discharge for the group was five days..
Both of these drugs work to stop the cytokine storm. Some people seem to get into real trouble when the disease turns from a virologic disease to a severe immunologic disease. These meds aim to stop that.
On a side note, someone ( big pharma) has connections. A ton of money has been thrown at Gilead (Remdesivir).
The trial results for the drug Remdesivir have been thoroughly underwhelming. Apparently it shortens hospital stays by a few days however, I dont see any clinical data to back this up. Its an anti viral but it didn't show any reduction in viral load. It also showed no reduction in mortality.The media seems to be mia as usual.
Good luck
It's a race to the top with big pharma, whoever strikes gold on a treatment option will see huge increases in profit + market share. I'm honestly surprised nobody has hit on something significant yet they are usually very quick on these sort of things.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #88
Glad to hear you’re negative. Did get any ribbons at the science fair? [histerical]
Only for the frog dissected with an M60

2fast4u

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Edwardsburg
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody-DUMBO
@Magnified ...Glad to hear tests were negative. God bless and stay safe.

landoawd

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hillsborough
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Good to see you back, dude.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Wonder if we will ever find out the truth???

JIM HOFT IS RIGHT — FAUCI HAS BEEN MASS MURDERING FOR DECADES AND NEEDS TO GO PRISON

New study finds countries with early access to hydroxychloroquine reduced mortality rate by 79%

[Yale epidemiologist Dr. Harvey Risch also accused Fauci and the medical establishment of being responsible for the deaths of “hundreds of thousands” of Americans for suppressing hydroxychloroquine use in the U.S. when dozens of studies have found it an effective treatment against COVID-19.]

https://www.infowars.com/jim-hoft-i...murdering-for-decades-and-needs-to-go-prison/

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat

Relieved and GLAD YO HEAR your tests where negative and all is good with you. I just saw this thread and read it beginning to end for only one reason, to see the post above. YES, all the other BS in it wasn’t necessary but at least there was some humor in it, thank God for Hickster 😂

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Glad to hear your negative. I have been positive all my life. Blue lights,,, positive. Of all sorts.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #94
Wonder if we will ever find out the truth???

JIM HOFT IS RIGHT — FAUCI HAS BEEN MASS MURDERING FOR DECADES AND NEEDS TO GO PRISON

New study finds countries with early access to hydroxychloroquine reduced mortality rate by 79%

[Yale epidemiologist Dr. Harvey Risch also accused Fauci and the medical establishment of being responsible for the deaths of “hundreds of thousands” of Americans for suppressing hydroxychloroquine use in the U.S. when dozens of studies have found it an effective treatment against COVID-19.]

https://www.infowars.com/jim-hoft-i...murdering-for-decades-and-needs-to-go-prison/
What crap. There is no "early access" its available everywhere, and only places like Argentina and Brazil have monkeyed with it. And you can see from their own reports how bogus it was. lol, or maybe infowars can ask the russians? :)

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Someone is going to be proven wrong at some point. Assuming "early access" to mean early treatment vs late treatment strategies. Haven't looked at all the studies myself, but the gist of it is folks are claiming:

[Early treatment studies show efficacy, while late treatment shows mixed results.]

Who knows??? I sure don't...just find it interesting personally.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #96
Request for further assistance:

My sister (medical professional) tested positive, moreover, one of my employees was exposed to a person with COVID (this person did not tell the employee and even lied about it - but that's another story). So I too am back in the exposed boat. I would like to ask those who are doctors or medical professionals to forward (or post, or post links) to the latest, most up to date treatment protocols / decision trees at your institutions if you would. Like CU89 did above.

Thanks again

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #97
Thankfully, she is younger and does not have the co-morbidities I have. Tired of all this shit. Wish we could cauterize this stuff.

napalm.gif

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

My sister (medical professional) tested positive, moreover, one of my employees was exposed to a person with COVID (this person did not tell the employee and even lied about it - but that's another story). So I too am back in the exposed boat. I would like to ask those who are doctors or medical professionals to forward (or post, or post links) to the latest, most up to date treatment protocols / decision trees at your institutions if you would. Like CU89 did above.

Thanks again
A coworker told me this, and I argued that one cannot be tested for the COVID 19 Antibody; but he states that his doc told him that he did have the 19 Antibody.
The thing is, he came to work with a cold, which I fricking got, and he seems to believe that's when he had it.
I asked my doc to do the test, and states that 19 ( specifically) cannot be tested.
So I may have had it, or may not have.
Point:
Ask your doc if one can be tested for the 19 Antibody. If so, get tested. If positive, you should be okay.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat

Thanks again
Are you symptom free? If you are symptom free you are fine, it's once you get symptoms and a positive test that the contact tracing starts.

Most nurses and doctors who work in a hospital are exposed to covid more frequently than you would think.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #100
2pac, I agree. I started to have a fever and feel like a sore throat/head ache, but then fever went away, and so did the sore throat, and with all this cardiac BS who knows what is a symptom of what for me? I'm not going to be overly worried about it, but if I do hit a sustained 101.5 or above, I'm going to hit the test again.