Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Afr at full throttle

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
What are the emblems? I'd be curious on that. Factory is set to 12.0 but COT is in the 10s for AFR.

OP
Hemiride

Hemiride

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Farwell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #22
I never paid attention to the AFR when stock. So your saying 10.5 is what the factory tunes them at?

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
No, factory is 12.0 but once the cats get hot there's a modifier called COT (cat over temp) that kicks in more fuel and it'll be in the 10s. On a stock car this usually happens mid way through 3rd gear at the drag strip if memory serves. I've got that turned off on mine and so do most other custom tunes.

OP
Hemiride

Hemiride

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Farwell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #24
I get it now. Thanks

white1

9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Prairieville
State
LA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 hellcat charger widebody
What are the emblems? I'd be curious on that. Factory is set to 12.0 but COT is in the 10s for AFR.
Im on the bike today, If I remember Ill snap a pic tomorrow

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Curious what ever came of this. Did you tuner change something? Or are you switching? Or keeping it as is?

OP
Hemiride

Hemiride

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Farwell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Thread Starter #27
Think I'm going to send the tuner another data log. Just to make sure he's happy with everything.

I'll let you know

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Stoich is 13.85 on the hc. Not 13.65. Low to mid 11s on the dash is fine. I run e85 100 percent of the time. That comes in at 10.9 to 11.1 on the dash. If you are at 10.5 from 3500 rpm up you are running way too rich on pimp fuel.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
10.9 to 11.1 isn't pe fuel for e85 fyi. Must not have stoich reprogrammed for ethanol.

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
I never said stoich was 10.9 to 11.1 on e85. I am running 10.9/13.85. So FYI try to read a little better. Or maybe make one or more of your lame ass videos.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Lol ok. Gotta know what you're actually talking about if you're gonna give advice.

Last edited:

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
It’s called Lambda. You seem to think you have tuning skills. Be carful there. And try to comprehend better before posting. And yes your videos are lame.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Stoich is 13.85 on the hc. Not 13.65. Low to mid 11s on the dash is fine. I run e85 100 percent of the time. That comes in at 10.9 to 11.1 on the dash. If you are at 10.5 from 3500 rpm up you are running way too rich on pimp fuel.
I never said stoich was 10.9 to 11.1 on e85. I am running 10.9/13.85. So FYI try to read a little better. Or maybe make one or more of your lame ass videos.
It’s called Lambda. You seem to think you have tuning skills. Be carful there. And try to comprehend better before posting. And yes your videos are lame.
haha ok dude

Last edited:

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
This is only about sharing information folks; no need for personal attacks. If nothing else, such talk only undermines whatever possibly valid point one might have. It's very easy to come across as more offensive than one intends on line in a written medium (so much of human communication is inflection, tone, body language, etc...). If you reread that and intended to give offense, then have at it, but I see no need for it, personally, and it detracts from the usefulness of the forum and from having free and useful discourse.

My 2 cents. Or 55 with inflation. Take or leave it, or don't.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
I’m not here to argue but I do want to make sure the correct information is being shared. More people are reading these posts and trying to learn about their car than just people who are active members on this forum
Also I think discussion is a great thing if people disagree on a topic. As long as it’s done the right way. Sometimes all parties end up learning something when there is supporting information on a topic.
Here is a post by dusterhoff tuning. https://www.hellcat.org/threads/attention-all-modified-hellcats-running-e85.230179/

13121E17-CE95-4DC9-8630-87BC16779E72.jpg

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Again I did not state the stoich is 13.85 for e85. Speedy does not know what the heck he is talking about. He states things I have never stated. Any one who makes lame ass videos as a substantial part of his life has problems. I have never liked the little guy and never will. A little power trip guy.
You tune in lambda. It is perfectly fine to leave the preprogrammed stoich at 13.85 on the hellcat. The stoich for e10 is 14.1 or so. So the engineers at Chrysler messed up? No they did not. Because tuning is done in lambda.
Tim Barth my tuner left the stoich alone at 13.85. It is fine. Dusterhoff is not God. A lot of tuners leave the 13.85 in there.
OP, your lambda is too low for pump fuel. 10.5/13.85 is even a little low for e85 which has different lean and rich maximum powers than pump fuel. You are leaving power on the table and if tuned at partial throttle too rich you can foul your plugs.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Bingo @jonx96 guess what my dash reads at idle on E85😎 I wouldn't say using the injector method is wrong per se but I wanted to set mine up as if it were factory tuned for E85. Takes a bit more work bur worth it IMO.

Plus when you have tunes for pump gasoline and E85 you'll know which tune and fuel is in the car by what the dash gauge reads.

If only we could change the dash to read lambda. The car actually reads lambda and converts to afr so woulda been an easy option.

I can see this being confusing for people new to these concepts. Gives me a content idea for another lame ass video:ROFLMAO:

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Go argue with Chrysler. Be carful of this guy. His emojis and his little power trip can have you blowing up your engine. Speedy made a video back in time where he changed his tuners tune and proceeded to blow up his engine. The guy is snake oil.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Again I did not state the stoich is 13.85 for e85. Speedy does not know what the heck he is talking about. He states things I have never stated. Any one who makes lame ass videos as a substantial part of his life has problems. I have never liked the little guy and never will. A little power trip guy.
You tune in lambda. It is perfectly fine to leave the preprogrammed stoich at 13.85 on the hellcat. The stoich for e10 is 14.1 or so. So the engineers at Chrysler messed up? No they did not. Because tuning is done in lambda.
Tim Barth my tuner left the stoich alone at 13.85. It is fine. Dusterhoff is not God. A lot of tuners leave the 13.85 in there.
OP, your lambda is too low for pump fuel. 10.5/13.85 is even a little low for e85 which has different lean and rich maximum powers than pump fuel. You are leaving power on the table and if tuned at partial throttle too rich you can foul your plugs.
People like you are actually why those who "know" don't post on forums much anymore. They get tired of arguing things with people who don't understand them. Curt, AJ, Tim, and many other very knowledgeable people used to be very open with information but you rarely hear from them anymore and this kind of BS is exactly why.

OP never asked about Lambda, isn't running E85, and probably doesn't even know what Lambda is. He asked about his dash gauge reading at WOT on pump 93 gasoline. Maybe YOU need to learn how to read and realize you piping in with irrelevant and incorrect information isn't helping anybody. This crap is confusing enough for the average person as it is.

I'm not gonna argue on the internet anymore, but that's strike two for insults. One more and my little power trip will recommend a vaction for you.

AlleyCat

500 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Oro Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Challenger
Then do not state things I never stated. And do not act as though you know things when you do not. Your learning is dangerous for other members when you make those lame ass videos. Don’t assume you are smarter than others. The op sounds pretty intelligent to me. Signing out as I have a good day ahead of me. Go make your video!