Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

About to put the Charger HC up for sale, looks like, and no Hellcat Durango either

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Thread Starter #21
By that logic your taxi has five doors.
You're not supposed to count the rear lid as a door. That's a modern thing, much like 4-door coupes.
lol, you can get in and out of the back hatch, but I can't get in and out through the trunk :)

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #22
While I hope otherwise, I absolutely believe that they could be that stupid.
Ask your Doctor if Stellantis is stupid enough for you!

I know where you're coming from... wish one of the engineers who was on the team could comment. "I'm back in a cubicle designing driver's seat switch assemblies..." That would tell us all we need to know. Or it could be "I've been assigned to the development team of the Fiat 500 Redeye."

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #23
au contrair messieurs. Voila

View attachment 37649

The bead curtain makes this

Speaking of this thing, should we count the pop up as a door?

Many many years ago was locked out of an apartment I had, so we pried up the window to reveal a little slit above the AC unit (we were standing on the balcony) and grabbed this little guy, friend of mine, maybe $1.25, and fed him in through that slot. Tight fit but he made it. Guy was a great driver too and that light weight made him the go-to pilot for most of our team competition runs. Went to work for NASA in the end, and got into sport bikes to the level of being paid by folks as an instructor. Also dropped a Ford Racing crate motor in a Fox body Mustang - we had a lot of fun with that sum-bitch. Ran from the cops one night and at around 160+ the car started slowing down although WOT was still being applied. Dropped to around 130-140 and hung there. After that chase, stuck the car in the garage and disassembled it (never saw the light of day again). But that's a different story. Turns out the two of the plugs had melted, so it was a six cylinder.

Mind is wandering, sorry about that.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
lol, you can get in and out of the back hatch, but I can't get in and out through the trunk :)
Jeez, Magnified, are you that rotund? Or is it only Challengers that one can go from the trunk to the cabin in?

At least I think you can on Challengers. I prefer using one of the two elegant doors instead.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #25
I don't bend well, but if the car is on fire you bet I can make it out the trunk

quality cat.gif

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
..."I'm back in a cubicle designing driver's seat switch assemblies..."...

In a round-about way, one kind of did exactly that...

:unsure:

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
As some may recall, I had been planning on building a pretty big shop / garage and adding on my current home. A large house (around 3665 SF, with bedrooms for al the kids) has recently come on the market in another neighborhood here that has a small shop / shed, a pull through double garage (4 remote garage doors) and a separate small two car metal garage, and 1.85 acres. I believe the Hellcat needs to be sold now to help finance the deal, probably going to sell the T-bird too. It's not the perfect house, and I like this one fine, but the increase in space and the need for another bedroom is too great to pass up. Also, one neighbor is my daughters best friend and my sister is around the corner and few houses up. And to finally have a freaking garage again will be great. Not that I'll have anything to put it in except the Expedition ELs.
Cars can come n go...your dwelling needs..seem a little more specific....buy the house...
Well I guess it's bitter sweet, Congrats, on the house, but I've always said you can live in a car but you can't drive a house :LOL: , I would love a 4 car garage.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
@Magnified, you put an offer on it yet? Is the real estate market hot in your area?

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #29
Well I guess it's bitter sweet, Congrats, on the house, but I've always said you can live in a car but you can't drive a house :LOL: , I would love a 4 car garage.
Not really a 4 car garage. The garage at the front of the house is a two vehicle, with a roll up for each in front and behind, and a J - shaped drive way. come in from the south or the east and open either door with the remote and pull in. There is a second, small 2 car garage / shop further east on the property. This has two side by side garage doors instead of one large one that I wuold have preferred. But it is what it is.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Not really a 4 car garage. The garage at the front of the house is a two vehicle, with a roll up for each in front and behind, and a J - shaped drive way. come in from the south or the east and open either door with the remote and pull in. There is a second, small 2 car garage / shop further east on the property. This has two side by side garage doors instead of one large one that I wuold have preferred. But it is what it is.
Ok, I gotcha, still sounds like a nice setup, enjoy.
Hopefully some day soon you can get another HC if you want.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #31
@Magnified, you put an offer on it yet? Is the real estate market hot in your area?
Not yet, want to figure a few things out first, get with the bank and get a pre-approval, then make the offer (and the weather is freaking insane here, as are the people - the Gov issued a state wide disaster area today for the next week almost because some snow and ice arrived - not only do folks not know how to drive, they're also scarred shitless it will overwhelm the electric grid).

Anyway, this place is nuts for real estate because of the oil field. When I moved back out here in 2012 I paid nearly twice what I paid for my house in Houston and got much less square footage and much older house. With Covid, even though the price of oil is back to pre-Covid levels, you can't really tell what the housing market is doing. Seemed to drop, then come back up, now it's fluctuating. We'll see.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
While I hope otherwise, I absolutely believe that they could be that stupid.
Me too, texting my dad in the morning.. I just made 100 grand and didn’t even have to invest in bitcoin 😄. Before I was just some stupid idiot throwing all his money at hellcats.. well who’s the stupid idiot laughing now haha 😆 😂 $$$$$$.

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
I'm one that agrees to do what it takes to get house situation squared away first. You can come back to cars later.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Is the real estate market hot in your area?
Jeez, Hellcatcfp, it's Texas. It's always hot.
Except when in snows, every 150 years or so.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #35
Update -

Offer accepted. Inspection Sunday (for what that's worth - if you're in Texas, do your own homework - inspections here are pretty much a joke in my opinion). If we end up actually buying HC will almost assuredly be sold (and I'm good with that - it's just a toy really; this is more important). Check in the Cars For Sale section if you or a friend are interested. When I was last over there I put the laser to everything. 4 bedroom, 3 bath, 1 office, 1 studio or game room, 1 great room (combines kitchen / dining room / living room (I'm not a fan of open floor plan, but whatever), 4 spaces in two garages, one a pull through (doors and drive ways front and back). The great room is 1260 square feet with 12 foot ceiling (that's almost as big as my entire first house years and years ago). Double door is not big enough for vehicle or I'd park the Hellcat in there lol Master is smaller than now, and the master bath is freaking tiny by comparison. So will need to do a gut on the master suite as soon as spring comes if we have money. The bones are pretty good though I detest the kitchen cabinetry and counter tops (Corian seamless with seamless sink).

Conflicted on this. Don't know what is best move. Was going to do all the building last year but Covid messed that all up. Here, the kids can have the rooms they need. Talk about illogic = 4 cars with no garage (bc previous owner coped it with brick) so only have port-cochere; buy house with 4 garage spaces, reduce to to only two cars.

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Update -

Offer accepted. Inspection Sunday (for what that's worth - if you're in Texas, do your own homework - inspections here are pretty much a joke in my opinion). If we end up actually buying HC will almost assuredly be sold (and I'm good with that - it's just a toy really; this is more important). Check in the Cars For Sale section if you or a friend are interested. When I was last over there I put the laser to everything. 4 bedroom, 3 bath, 1 office, 1 studio or game room, 1 great room (combines kitchen / dining room / living room (I'm not a fan of open floor plan, but whatever), 4 spaces in two garages, one a pull through (doors and drive ways front and back). The great room is 1260 square feet with 12 foot ceiling (that's almost as big as my entire first house years and years ago). Double door is not big enough for vehicle or I'd park the Hellcat in there lol Master is smaller than now, and the master bath is freaking tiny by comparison. So will need to do a gut on the master suite as soon as spring comes if we have money. The bones are pretty good though I detest the kitchen cabinetry and counter tops (Corian seamless with seamless sink).

Conflicted on this. Don't know what is best move. Was going to do all the building last year but Covid messed that all up. Here, the kids can have the rooms they need. Talk about illogic = 4 cars with no garage (bc previous owner coped it with brick) so only have port-cochere; buy house with 4 garage spaces, reduce to to only two cars.
I've had a few cold ones, so forgive me. What are you conflicted about?

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
From what I'm gathering, you got it figured out @Magnified . You know what your priorities are and you're making it happen.

I'm always working towards getting closer to family. I love letting my kids visit with my parents. I'd sacrifice a lot to make it happen if I had to. Nothing more important in life in my opinion than being close to God and being close to family.

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Update -

Sounds like new place is a good template for what you want. Save a little once you move in and remodel as you see fit (especially since you can control some costs by doing it yourself). Nothing is perfect unless you custom build 100%.

Question, what is cheapest building up your current place as planned before COVID-19 or moving and upgrading to the new place? How much more do you estimate for remodeling at new place? Sounds like you were pretty excited about new place?