Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

331mph OOPS

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
hell yes that's fast

Whatknot

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
nearest is Portland, but live in the country
State
OR
Country
United States
I don't think they're gonna give them the record after all this bs, and if they do it will be tainted. If it was my car (decision) I'd say run that shit again
The owner should have been driving it, as it's his car.
Not some clown in his clown costume.

If it was my car, I would allow it to be used to try again, but it would be my ass in the seat, which on the 2nd try is who was driving, not some stranger. Struck me as odd he wasn't the driver for attempt 1.

Then attempt 2 is almost 50 mph slower, which really makes me think that it was all faked, the 1st time. Also its not longer stock in my opinion, when they have to change the tranny for one with different gearing. Stock should be stock, not swapping major components.

And considering how fast cars have gone on the salt flats, it seems insignificant, road legal or not. If they want to really impress people, then it should be doing over 500.

Overall, doesn't seem impressive to me in the slightest that it ran 282, but if they ever build a 500 plus mph car, they will have a customer in me. I'll go myself to Nevada, and run it if they build it. Those highways there are boring at 190, just sit on the Bike and drone along down the road. Doing 500 plus, they may have a touch of excitement to them then, even if they are Closed to all other traffic. Realistically, just let the traffic have a 4 or 5 minutes head start, they will be miles away, and going the same direction, just tell the traffic going the other way to stay in their own lane, then let it rip. If it hasn't hit top speed by 4 miles, it probably won't ever go faster, as now it will be heat soaking too much.

Last edited:

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
The owner should be driving it, as it's his car.
Not some clown in his clown costume.

If it was my car, I would allow it to be used to try again, but it would be my ass in the seat, not some stranger.

Then attempt 2 is almost 50 mph slower, which really makes me think that it was all faked.

And considering how fast cars have gone on the salt flats, it seems insignificant, road legal or not. If they want to really impress people, then it should be doing over 500.
The owner did do the second 2 run average that broke the 2 way record. I’m pulling for them... they’ve just hit a few hiccups and I think they will eventually get where they want to be. I’d like to see an American company hold this record.