Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

3/36 expires in 3 weeks, anything I should check?

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Other than the obvious looking around and checking for broken or loose stuff, anyone have any suggestions on things I should check before the 3/36 B2B expires?

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Are your S/C bearings making excessive noise/grinding?

Rear differential making excessive noise?

Center D/S bearing?

Oil cooler lines leaking at the joints?

That's all that rattles out of my brain-housing group at the moment...

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Throw some small bolts into the intake, take out blower and engine get new stuff:p

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Throw some small bolts into the intake, take out blower and engine get new stuff:p
Sometimes I think that you're just plum crazy...

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Are your S/C bearings making excessive noise/grinding?

Rear differential making excessive noise?

Center D/S bearing?

Oil cooler lines leaking at the joints?

That's all that rattles out of my brain-housing group at the moment...
3/36 is bumper to bumper but engine and drivetrain are 5/60?

OP
2ndAmend

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Thread Starter #6
3/36 is bumper to bumper but engine and drivetrain are 5/60?
Yes, so I don't need to add nuts and bolts for 2 years!

OP
2ndAmend

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Thread Starter #7
This is why I'm asking, we all gravitate to the power train. Here I need to find stupid stuff, like if I pull back some upholstry there is a broken plastic part or crap like that. Maybe a boot that has degraded, excessive wear on a door or trunk hinge or spring, like I said, stupid stuff we might not notice until it's too late for free replacement.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
If you don’t notice it now, it’s not a problem now?[dunno]

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Blinker fluid and muffler bearings

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
If you don’t notice it now, it’s not a problem now?[dunno]
If you are worried about the electrical things @2ndAmend like UConnect, power windows, etc, towing, loaner/rental car or even the engine and drivetrain after your 60 month warranty expires, you still have the option of buying an extended Mopar Maximum Care factory warranty through the dealer. You can get it for 6,7 or 8 years from the original vehicle purchase date. I think it is refundable if you don’t use it for anything not covered by your existing warranty within the warranty period you select? It is also transferable which should add some value to your car if you should resell it. I got it for my 2021 JeepGC 5.7 Trail Hawk which I plan on keeping. It already has 45,000 miles on it. It was $2400…but that could be a lot less than the cost of fixing something that’s not covered when I go over 5yr/60K miles. image.jpg

Last edited:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
This is why I'm asking, we all gravitate to the power train. Here I need to find stupid stuff, like if I pull back some upholstry there is a broken plastic part or crap like that. Maybe a boot that has degraded, excessive wear on a door or trunk hinge or spring, like I said, stupid stuff we might not notice until it's too late for free replacement.
All my coverage is over for both my Cats...and I never opted for any type of extended coverage...so now I guess I'm just rollin the dice...:whistle:

OP
2ndAmend

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Thread Starter #13
All my coverage is over for both my Cats...and I never opted for any type of extended coverage...so now I guess I'm just rollin the dice...:whistle:
I agree with your philosophy, just want to make sure I get what I can while I can.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Southeast
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Charger Hellcat Redeye
Other than the obvious looking around and checking for broken or loose stuff, anyone have any suggestions on things I should check before the 3/36 B2B expires?
RUKidding me? Didn’t we get these cats at the same time? I know my warranty is about to expire for mileage but yours? Have you been leaving home a bit? 😂😂😂. Hope I have a little time left on warranty.
Center bearing has been my only concern. Started shaking the car like crazy about 5 times in the last 30K miles. Obviously can’t replicate for local dealer. Likely be fixing it on my own after warranty.
Please tell me you’re looking far ahead or you’re talking about a different cat. Has time flown by that quickly?

OP
2ndAmend

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Thread Starter #15
RUKidding me? Didn’t we get these cats at the same time? I know my warranty is about to expire for mileage but yours? Have you been leaving home a bit? 😂😂😂. Hope I have a little time left on warranty.
Center bearing has been my only concern. Started shaking the car like crazy about 5 times in the last 30K miles. Obviously can’t replicate for local dealer. Likely be fixing it on my own after warranty.
Please tell me you’re looking far ahead or you’re talking about a different cat. Has time flown by that quickly?
Yes, I think we did, but I also have the M6 which is at 35mo. I understand your confusion, at my age remembering what year it is, is not a high priority! :)

Your center bearing prob does worry me. Maybe need a go pro or something?

Member ID
Reactions
City
Southeast
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Charger Hellcat Redeye
Yes, I think we did, but I also have the M6 which is at 35mo. I understand your confusion, at my age remembering what year it is, is not a high priority! :)

Your center bearing prob does worry me. Maybe need a go pro or something?
🤦‍♂️ HaHa. Wasn’t paying attention to the 2020 M6. Now I’m relieved for just a few more months.
Center bearing should be a minor issue if that’s all I have to worry about. Love driving the living daylights out of this thing. Didn’t really have time to reach out but was in your neighborhood a few weeks ago. Wife and I got our fix at Newicks, hit Fenway to watch the Sox beat the Braves, then made our way back to GA. Just keep piling the miles on this thing.

OP
2ndAmend

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Thread Starter #17
🤦‍♂️ HaHa. Wasn’t paying attention to the 2020 M6. Now I’m relieved for just a few more months.
Center bearing should be a minor issue if that’s all I have to worry about. Love driving the living daylights out of this thing. Didn’t really have time to reach out but was in your neighborhood a few weeks ago. Wife and I got our fix at Newicks, hit Fenway to watch the Sox beat the Braves, then made our way back to GA. Just keep piling the miles on this thing.
Next time, drive a few miles at Loring AFB! :)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Where's the switch for the daylights.:unsure::unsure::unsure:;)