Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2024 Jeep Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer Could Be Axing their V-8s (Car & Driver)

Member ID
Reactions
City
R
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Durango SRT 392
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a45302438/2024-jeep-wagoneer-grand-wagoneer-v8-dropped/

The recent arrival of the new Hurricane inline-six in the Jeep Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer for 2023 appears to spell the end of the road for the Hemi V-8s previously available in this model. Jeep has yet to officially release 2024 model-year information, but we found documents suggesting that the 2024 Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer will only be offered with the twin-turbo 3.0-liter inline-six, meaning that the previously available 5.7-liter and 6.4-liter V-8 engines will be dropped.

A fleet order guide plus EPA ratings illustrate the changes for the standard 2024 Wagoneer, which previously offered the 392-hp 5.7-liter V-8 on the short-wheelbase version (the long-wheelbase Wagoneer L and Grand Wagoneer L were already inline-six-only). The Wagoneer will now be offered only with the 420-hp version of the Hurricane inline-six, with either rear- or four-wheel drive and an eight-speed automatic transmission.
Changes for the Grand Wagoneer aren't quite as clear, as the EPA still lists the 6.4-liter V-8 for 2024.

But a dealership pricing database shows all models equipped with the 3.0-liter six, meaning that inclusion could just be a holdover from last year. The high-output version of the Hurricane engine in the Grand Wagoneer produces 510 horsepower and 500 pound-feet, a useful upgrade over the V-8's 471 hp and 455 pound-feet.

https://www.stellantisfleet.com/con...ture/docs/buyers-guide/2024/MY24_Wagoneer.pdf

I have the Hurricane HO in my '23 Grand Wagoneer and I've never missed the v8. It has more then enough torque and power. Only thing the 6.4 Hemi has on the Hurricane is the sound.

Last edited:

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Never drove one but drove the Navigator with the V6 turbo. It was a pig. Convinced my daughter to get an Escalade with the 6.2 V8. She loves it.