Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2023 ZO6 Corvette No Longer Available To Order

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Yes, he has the TRX. Only way he would give me MSRP cost of TRX on trade. I am ok with that.
That would work for me as well...I wanted to let them have the C8 now as well...but she (who must be obeyed)..wasn't havin any of that...:rolleyes:

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
Just order the next corvette.
There is always another one coming.

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
That would work for me as well...I wanted to let them have the C8 now as well...but she (who must be obeyed)..wasn't havin any of that...:rolleyes:
Happy wife, happy life👍

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
trailer queens that will be garage queens:unsure:
No doubt those white transport covers become the new yellow Demon splitters for the new owners, lol.

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye
2023 Chevrolet Corvette Z06’s (starting at $105,000) top speed is 195 mph and looks like chit. I favor the C7 Corvette. C8 Corvette looks too much like copying the European designs. JTOL

meh, My Redeye will still take it, weighs about 1300 pounds more and I paid $30,000 less,
and it rides so much better(y)

Teslas Plaid will take it as well but it cost $30,000+ more. (Starting at $130.000)

TraxMoe

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Heartland
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
POS slasher
C8 Z06 purpose built for the twisties, RE built for straight line speed. Two completely different animals

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye
C8 Z06 purpose built for the twisties, RE built for straight line speed. Two completely different animals
Really:rolleyes:, sound like a parrot.

Well; in straight line speed, up to 202 miles an hour;

The Redeye will take it!

I don't take my car through the “twisties". I didn't buy my car for the "twisties"

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
2023 Chevrolet Corvette Z06’s (starting at $105,000) top speed is 195 mph and looks like chit. I favor the C7 Corvette. C8 Corvette looks too much like copying the European designs. JTOL

meh, My Redeye will still take it, weighs about 1300 pounds more and I paid $30,000 less,
and it rides so much better(y)

Teslas Plaid will take it as well but it cost $30,000+ more. (Starting at $130.000)
Compare it to the NSX. Carbon copy.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB

The Redeye will take it!

I don't take my car through the “twisties". I didn't buy my car for the "twisties"
I bought my RE for the reasons you did, to drive and maybe someday if someone gives me their rear wheels/tires I’ll run it at a drag strip. I also enjoy turning it left and right to exercise it regularly.

Your post above compares the C8 Z06 top speed, quickness, styling and cost to a Redeye.

Interesting justifications you have to NOT purchase a C8. That is fine, it demonstrates what makes us all different. Wish you would have stopped at that.

I am going to keep my Redeye and certainly use it on the streets. It may be one of the most comfy cars that combines storage capacity, fuel consumption, and OVERALL performance FOR THE STREET.

Now don’t call another man names because you don’t agree with him. @TraxMoe is not a parrot, he is a true performance car nut! And I’ll add a true Patriot like me. You must have misspelled Patriot above? He drove several hundred miles on Saturday to one of the most technical if not the most technical and difficult “twisty” tracks in the USA. Why? He sold his HC. He drove his truck, not his beautiful and very capable C7 (especially in his hands, I have seen that also). Two guys there had Redeyes (one is an instructor, and managed to kick some major ass, one was uniquely complimented on even attempting to run one of these on that track). One C8 was there. About 50 other types of cars were there! Ferrari to Mazda and everything in between that one would EXPECT to be there. I get it, I was the “other” RE. Nobody came over and called me a dumbass for bringing my 4500 fat, overpowered, loud and potentially dangerous car to this gathering of two days. On the contrary, I was involved in many positive conversations this last weekend. I got passed by better drivers and cars extremely more capable for “twistys”. I got passed by drivers not as good, but they were driving lighter cars. I passed others who were driving what most consider acceptable for this exercise. That included a C8 many times, even lessor Vettes several times and others. I even was sensitive upon passing to NOT just smash the throttle on my highly modified RE so that their ear drums remained, or I did not just break traction at 70mph on my overpowered car for that course.

Understand, sir, these are not races on these twisty tracks. These are places to enjoy automobiles together as a brotherhood and never to call each other names.

One more thing. You got one item wrong in your justification for not buying one. After I am blessed and lucky enough to get my C8 Z06, I’ll DRAG RACE any of your stock Redeye’s in 1320’. My guess is that things will be not as you are thinking. Because something that gets traction, weighs -1000 lbs, and has more than adequate HP and torque output does damn well in a short drag race from rest.

Want to compare real speeds at about 200 mph? Why? When is that significant and important unless it is a RACE and each participant prepares their automobile for that very serious competition.

@TraxMoe carry on my friend. It was great seeing you this weekend. Thanks for coming and supporting me and our friendship. @swatdocsc thanks for coming over and making a special effort to bring the Gato over to allow me a short drive in that beautiful new car! I found a new friend this weekend.
@SIXGUN thanks for inviting me to that crazy place and making one hell of an effort to drive to Missouri from Florida and back. You need to have Dodge give you a set of those special converters!

572 savoy

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Winona
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Another whiner who can't afford a C8 ZO6. Enjoy your Red eye. Yawn.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #71
So what do you have sparky?

572 savoy

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Winona
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Oh let me think...just traded my TRX on a loaded C8 ZO6 at MSRP...if it ever gets built...Currently have a 2 door Wrangler Rubicon being built on the 20th, just got the VIN on my 2nd 392 Wrangler, had and sold a 2020 GT 500, auctioned # 0032 Demon couple years ago, and am waiting for the SS Challenger to land. So, guess you could say, don't have much. But working on it!

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye
Yeah I will and I see you're talking out of your Twins cheeks. I paid cash for my Redeye, I could pay cash for any C8 Z06 made:rolleyes:

I really doubt you have a Demon! I would even bet money on it!

IGNORED

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye
Oh let me think...just traded my TRX on a loaded C8 ZO6 at MSRP...if it ever gets built...Currently have a 2 door Wrangler Rubicon being built on the 20th, just got the VIN on my 2nd 392 Wrangler, had and sold a 2020 GT 500, auctioned # 0032 Demon couple years ago, and am waiting for the SS Challenger to land. So, guess you could say, don't have much. But working on it!
:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #75
I ride an electric scooter. Very fuel efficient.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

The Redeye will take it!

Think twice before you challenge the Z06...from a dig its gonna leave you for dead...and you wont catch it in 1/4...the only bird in sight is the crow yer gonna have to eat...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I ride an electric scooter. Very fuel efficient.
my wife and I have scooters...(Yamaha 2 strokes)...we only put gas em once a year...

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Think twice before you challenge the Z06...from a dig its gonna leave you for dead...and you wont catch it in 1/4...the only bird in sight is the crow yer gonna have to eat...
I'm in line for an (MSRP) Z06 too and I am stoked. True track car and with flat plane crank at 8600 redline it's gonna be a lot of fun. That said, let's not get too crazy with the cheez whiz on predicting 1/4 mi times relative to things like the purpose-built Demon (and echh, Plaid). Z gonna lose those races, cuz...

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
I'm in line for an (MSRP) Z06 too and I am stoked. True track car and with flat plane crank at 8600 redline it's gonna be a lot of fun. That said, let's not get too crazy with the cheez whiz on predicting 1/4 mi times relative to things like the purpose-built Demon (and echh, Plaid). Z gonna lose those races, cuz...
It is going to be quick too. Probably not sub 10, but respectable in that department.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
so this is going to turn into who has the most money now. Well.....I have nothing:(