Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2021 RedEye . . . no boost all of a sudden? Pulley seems fine, and NO CELs ????

Member ID
Reactions
City
Lewes
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 HC RedEye Super Stock
hey guys,

at my favorite race of the year Cecil HHP day....last weekend. Sticky track, cool temps expecting best pass ever. ..then NOPE! NO BOOST!

My car's second pass.... normal burnout, felt like I left the line in 3rd gear :-( . . .then about 80 ft out took off like normal.
Ran a 10.42@136 with a dismal 1.69 60 ft. Should have literally been a 1.4 60ft, 9.90@138ish.

On return road, car felt like it had 400 hp, and noticed NO BOOST at all. No whine, no rev blower noise, no boost on gauge.
....got to parking spot, though damn, blower belt broke or something. Popped hood, no, factory green belt still there, pulley looked
100% fine. When idling, no noise, pulley straight and true... cover still on it, no goo coming out, not backed up to snout, all looked perfectly normal.
also, NO codes, no CELs, ran vehicle diagnostics, and nothing showing on dash or other-wise.

Pulled belt off blower... pulley had resistance both ways, not buckling (for lack of better word) turning straight.... nothing seeming or feeling bad. (?)
Decided to pull off throttle body sensor, then By-Pass sensor connectors 1 at a time...restart and checked all. Each time dash showed "service Throttle body"
or similar message, but as soon as they were both hooked back up and re-started... all seemed fine, no lights, no dash messages nothing. but STILL NO BOOST.
(while each was disconnected, car would not rev while depressing gas pedal as normal I believe)

Disconnected the battery..... re-hooked it back after 10 minutes.... lost all SRT functions as normal... then, ACTUALLY drove out of track on a 5 mile ride hoping
everything might kick back in. NOPE, done for the day, loaded up and left later on. Got home, to back off trailer.... all SRT functions and dash screens correct
& restored . . . . just still NO BOOST, no CELs... no anything.

I feel like the pulley is fine.... and maybe the By-Pass is stuck open or something as it doesn't even try to whine or boost when idle revving it.

WHAT am I supposed to try other than taking it to a dealer...etc....

I would order a new by-pass assembly to simply bolt on if I thought that would quickly and easily fix it. (?)

Should I try disconnecting the batter over night, and try again ?

Any thoughts advise, anything?

--thanks in advance . . . car has less than 3900 miles on it....

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
hey guys,

at my favorite race of the year Cecil HHP day....last weekend. Sticky track, cool temps expecting best pass ever. ..then NOPE! NO BOOST!

My car's second pass.... normal burnout, felt like I left the line in 3rd gear :-( . . .then about 80 ft out took off like normal.
Ran a 10.42@136 with a dismal 1.69 60 ft. Should have literally been a 1.4 60ft, 9.90@138ish.

On return road, car felt like it had 400 hp, and noticed NO BOOST at all. No whine, no rev blower noise, no boost on gauge.
....got to parking spot, though damn, blower belt broke or something. Popped hood, no, factory green belt still there, pulley looked
100% fine. When idling, no noise, pulley straight and true... cover still on it, no goo coming out, not backed up to snout, all looked perfectly normal.
also, NO codes, no CELs, ran vehicle diagnostics, and nothing showing on dash or other-wise.

Pulled belt off blower... pulley had resistance both ways, not buckling (for lack of better word) turning straight.... nothing seeming or feeling bad. (?)
Decided to pull off throttle body sensor, then By-Pass sensor connectors 1 at a time...restart and checked all. Each time dash showed "service Throttle body"
or similar message, but as soon as they were both hooked back up and re-started... all seemed fine, no lights, no dash messages nothing. but STILL NO BOOST.
(while each was disconnected, car would not rev while depressing gas pedal as normal I believe)

Disconnected the battery..... re-hooked it back after 10 minutes.... lost all SRT functions as normal... then, ACTUALLY drove out of track on a 5 mile ride hoping
everything might kick back in. NOPE, done for the day, loaded up and left later on. Got home, to back off trailer.... all SRT functions and dash screens correct
& restored . . . . just still NO BOOST, no CELs... no anything.

I feel like the pulley is fine.... and maybe the By-Pass is stuck open or something as it doesn't even try to whine or boost when idle revving it.

WHAT am I supposed to try other than taking it to a dealer...etc....

I would order a new by-pass assembly to simply bolt on if I thought that would quickly and easily fix it. (?)

Should I try disconnecting the batter over night, and try again ?

Any thoughts advise, anything?

--thanks in advance . . . car has less than 3900 miles on it....
Hopefully someone has input.
That sucks

OP
cobrakid
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lewes
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #3
basically I am asking is there an EASY WAY to check if the By-Pass valve is working, or sticking open?

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
basically I am asking is there an EASY WAY to check if the By-Pass valve is working, or sticking open?
Somebody here has to know....

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
A data log will tell you.

ostmike

Vendor
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Portersville
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Hellcat
I don't see any modifications listed other than the green belt. Regardless I suspect the car has an aftermarket tune and your are experiencing a tuning related issue. As Speedy indicated a datalog will show if the bypass is operating.
However, if you have a throttle code you will not have normal bypass functionality. You will need to fix that issue before proceeding.

Billet Train

Founding Member
Firefighter
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
I had a litens 2.72 pulley go bad just 2 months ago. Same symptoms, no boost, no cels. Took the belt off, rotors spun freely, put a towel in the rotors and bingo, I could turn the pulley with my hand. Replaced it with a Grip Tec pulley problem solved.

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.
Sounds like pulley failure had that on my Trackhawk couple years ago switched to Griptech and the AAD pulley tensioner to prevent further slip. It wont show a code.

OP
cobrakid
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lewes
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #9
..update...and weird; . . still lost a great day of racing.
RETURNED car to stock (reverted to OEM) via Direct Connection tuner.... disconnected battery.
UPDATED the tuner online.... (stated 6 updates) . ... and reloaded in my car. Problem solved!
Per dash pulling lots of boost correctly and burns up the drag radials all the way through even while rolling.
The car won't hook on the street no matter what I do, so no real to test under load/dead hook. (to check shift points etc)
Final time runs will be this weekend at MIR on Sunday. (which is crappy on a Sunday) LOL
I will post results ..... 9s or selling!

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Thanks for the update @cobrakid. I’m sure some of us were following this.