Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

2021 Durango Hellcat order

OP
SRT2SLOW

SRT2SLOW

Member ID
Reactions
City
Staten Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Hellcat Challenger WB Redeye
Thread Starter #21
OP
SRT2SLOW

SRT2SLOW

Member ID
Reactions
City
Staten Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #22
Per Erica at Koons, the Trackhawk is on fire right now! Lots of orders because people see they will not be able to get it in a bit.

When they came out, most preorders were MSRP plus fees, but people who ordered even balked at that before taking delivery. Many dealers wouldn't adjust down, ordering parties didn't take their trucks, and that's why the 2018's sat forever.
Durango all day .

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Hennessey is a waste. I would never !
I wouldn't let Hennessey tune my lawnmower...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I wouldn't let Hennessey tune my lawnmower...
I know 3 guys that have different levels of their stuff..only one is satisfied...

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
I know 3 guys that have different levels of their stuff..only one is satisfied...
Right and media advertising gives Hennessey way to much credit when other smaller known shops will do a better job and half the price lol.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
And in regards to the FCA markups, I have never and will never pay over sticker . There was a time they wanted over sticker for a challenger lol.
early 16....I got my HC @ msrp...and that WAS a deal here back then...4g's over sticker was the norm

Purerock105

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Reno
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
16' Corvette Z06, 17' Shelby GT350, 17' Raptor
I know there was a time around 2004-2007, where Hennessey was in deep doo-doo with the Corvette and Viper crowds. Lots of shenanigans at his shop with customer cars.

He and his business have definitely turned it around.

Xylander

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Tallahassee
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Challenger Redeye Widebody Jailbreak
And in regards to the FCA markups, I have never and will never pay over sticker . There was a time they wanted over sticker for a challenger lol.
I didn't pay over sticker for mine (I saved a measly 3k off MSRP), but I still took it up the butt in the cost as I nit-picked and ordered almost every option but opted out on a couple which put me in the upfitter for 6 whole weeks. Dodge said the main reason was the painted satin graphics package (which I believe I'm the only SRT Hellraisin Hellcat buyer to have actually optioned that full package in 2020). I've searched high and low and I've only seen one other Hellcat with a satin hood painted in Hellraisin (Redeye Widebody that's still sitting on a dealer lot unsold). But it doesn't have the actual full body package, just the hood. I'm eagerly awaiting the official production totals so I can verify if my hunch is correct.

Because I knew I was ordering a unicorn of a car, I knew I was going to eat a lot of extra costs that couldn't be negotiated down. So, I didn't mind so much that I did in fact eat it pretty hard (Paid $76k on a 79k MSRP, with tax it was close to $82k). I could have literally just gotten a Redeye widebody with standard options +leather and the HK audio package for only 4k more. That painted satin graphics package wasn't cheap, but I HAD to have it.

Tannehill

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New castle
State
DE
Country
United States
I didn't pay over sticker for mine (I saved a measly 3k off MSRP), but I still took it up the butt in the cost as I nit-picked and ordered almost every option but opted out on a couple which put me in the upfitter for 6 whole weeks. Dodge said the main reason was the painted satin graphics package (which I believe I'm the only SRT Hellraisin Hellcat buyer to have actually optioned that full package in 2020). I've searched high and low and I've only seen one other Hellcat with a satin hood painted in Hellraisin (Redeye Widebody that's still sitting on a dealer lot unsold). But it doesn't have the actual full body package, just the hood. I'm eagerly awaiting the official production totals so I can verify if my hunch is correct.

Because I knew I was ordering a unicorn of a car, I knew I was going to eat a lot of extra costs that couldn't be negotiated down. So, I didn't mind so much that I did in fact eat it pretty hard (Paid $76k on a 79k MSRP, with tax it was close to $82k). I could have literally just gotten a Redeye widebody with standard options +leather and the HK audio package for only 4k more. That painted satin graphics package wasn't cheap, but I HAD to have it.
And I'm not saying this to be a dick.....but.....or you could have ordered the car from Koons, and gotten the $79k car for about high $65k plus doc fee and tax/tags.

FL is essentially my families second home as we go there so much, the drive up/back or flight up/drive back is totally worth $11k+ in savings.

OP
SRT2SLOW

SRT2SLOW

Member ID
Reactions
City
Staten Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #30

I atleast hope you got the power dollars, but besides that when ordering a car/truck like that you have to be 100% . I could’ve saved and got a Hellcat non Redeye but I know I would’ve regretted it. My car now was about 91k moded out the way I wanted. I waited and I have never been happier. And thats the beauty about ordering a car -you get exactly what you want. I myself arent a graphics person so I made sure to stay away. But having the only 1 and thinking maybe you should’ve got something else(Redeye ) is a terrible feeling.
I keep hearing good things about Koons maybe down the road I will reach out, but now its about getting this Durango Hellcat as close to invoice as possible.

OP
SRT2SLOW

SRT2SLOW

Member ID
Reactions
City
Staten Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #31
And I'm not saying this to be a dick.....but.....or you could have ordered the car from Koons, and gotten the $79k car for about high $65k plus doc fee and tax/tags.

FL is essentially my families second home as we go there so much, the drive up/back or flight up/drive back is totally worth $11k+ in savings.
I know 3 people personally that have built cars and Koons still gives them their less invoice discount! Im just loyal to this dealership here and they cant be beat when it comes to me so I don’t complain.

Xylander

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Tallahassee
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I atleast hope you got the power dollars, but besides that when ordering a car/truck like that you have to be 100% . I could’ve saved and got a Hellcat non Redeye but I know I would’ve regretted it. My car now was about 91k moded out the way I wanted. I waited and I have never been happier. And thats the beauty about ordering a car -you get exactly what you want. I myself arent a graphics person so I made sure to stay away. But having the only 1 and thinking maybe you should’ve got something else(Redeye ) is a terrible feeling.
I keep hearing good things about Koons maybe down the road I will reach out, but now its about getting this Durango Hellcat as close to invoice as possible.
Yeah, I got the Power Dollars and a 3k off the MSRP and 3.2% financing with no money down. I did pretty good on the trade. I traded in a 2018 T/A 392 (fully loaded) for only 10 grand less than what I paid for it new (about 8k over Blue Book. The dealership sold my T/A less than 48 hours after I finalized my deal, so we all made money off of it). All told, I didn't get a bad deal... but I did option out close to $19k in options on the new car... that's what ran up the price.

Normally, I'm a tougher negotiator and I know I left 3-4k on the table. I spent about 6 hours at the dealership on delivery day to finalize what I got. At the end, we were real close to where I wanted things, but it came down to the fact that I knew that they knew that if I walked, they'd have that car sold or dealer traded out in a day. Tallahassee isn't a huge city, but its not tiny either. This dealership only gets 2-3 Hellcats per year with the closest market having any more is in Jacksonville 2 hours away. So, the only way to get one for most people is to travel there, Tampa or Pensacola to ensure they can get a build slot. In theory, had I walked, you'd have people from all over NW FL within 2 hours driving distance of being able to snag one locally in Tallahassee. So, they stuck to their price. I don't really fault them for doing it, as I'm a businessman myself and in August, you couldn't get a V8 anything on a Dodge lot, more less a Hellcat around here.

And, I had never heard of Koons before prior to joining this site... and I didn't join here until after I picked up my Hellcat. I'm not one of "those" people.

Last edited:

Xylander

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Tallahassee
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I did look at Koons and found this one: https://www.koonsjeep.com/new/Dodge...irfax-VA-f6d69b610a0e0ae83b7f1d7c9fb2ee87.htm

This car is very similar to mine in terms of options. Mine (79.3k MSRP) doesn't have a sunroof, but has the full satin graphics package premium leather package and everything else listed in the options above. So, add 4 grand to my car for being higher optioned. The Koons MSRP @ 72.4k would be about $2,000 less and I'd have to fiddle with getting the car down here from WV, which would eat that savings up in transport and/or in my travel cost to inspect it upon arrival then drive it back.

So, I didn't get a bad deal on mine overall. That figure I listed above was including all the tax and interest... total cost of ownership if I let the loan go full term without paying it off early.

To summarize:

My MSRP was $76,300. I paid $73,500 - Power Dollars, Military discount, law enforcement discount. Made $1,000 on the trade and financed it $0 down @ 3.2% over 72 months. Then, stack on the tax, interest, etc. In short, the Koons WOW price and the one I paid at Tallahassee Dodge are fairly similar. I incurred some additional cost by getting an extended warranty and gap coverage, as I intend to daily this thing.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Something to think about with all these high end SUVs are typically purchased from Doctors, Professionals, Small Business Owners....etc. And unbeknownst to many as well is you can write these purchases off for huge tax deductions. Which is why the Manufactures know they can sell these very expensive SUVs and even trucks as well and capture that market.
I mean there's better suv's at 120k+ tax

Gle63, gls63, x5m all come to mind.

I think the better question is will we see one on your lot and will it have adm 😜😜

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I mean there's better suv's at 120k+ tax

Gle63, gls63, x5m all come to mind.

I think the better question is will we see one on your lot and will it have adm 😜😜
I cant justify 6 figures for any SUV

OP
SRT2SLOW

SRT2SLOW

Member ID
Reactions
City
Staten Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #36
I did look at Koons and found this one: https://www.koonsjeep.com/new/Dodge...irfax-VA-f6d69b610a0e0ae83b7f1d7c9fb2ee87.htm

This car is very similar to mine in terms of options. Mine (79.3k MSRP) doesn't have a sunroof, but has the full satin graphics package premium leather package and everything else listed in the options above. So, add 4 grand to my car for being higher optioned. The Koons MSRP @ 72.4k would be about $2,000 less and I'd have to fiddle with getting the car down here from WV, which would eat that savings up in transport and/or in my travel cost to inspect it upon arrival then drive it back.

So, I didn't get a bad deal on mine overall. That figure I listed above was including all the tax and interest... total cost of ownership if I let the loan go full term without paying it off early.

To summarize:

My MSRP was $76,300. I paid $73,500 - Power Dollars, Military discount, law enforcement discount. Made $1,000 on the trade and financed it $0 down @ 3.2% over 72 months. Then, stack on the tax, interest, etc. In short, the Koons WOW price and the one I paid at Tallahassee Dodge are fairly similar. I incurred some additional cost by getting an extended warranty and gap coverage, as I intend to daily this thing.
Seems like you did ok, nice car tho

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I cant justify 6 figures for any SUV
I would say something like a navigator which just touches 100k would be justified if you took many long road trips.

A 100k performance suv would be justified if you live in an area that needs awd, i.e want a charger hellcat but can't justify 2 vehicles in a region where awd is necessary in the winter. So you spring for a trackhawk.

3rd case is when money is literally no object.

But in general I would never justify a 100k suv, yet I somehow justified leasing a 70k pickup truck lol.

I guess it really depends on your interests and uses.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
My friend at Koons Dodge Jeep Ram informed me today they have ordered 6 Ram TRX and 3 are already sold at 30K ADM over LOL Insane how many pay to play and in my area there are so many rich people its just a $100 bill to them.

why2kmax

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Indigo Blue Hellcat
My friend at Koons Dodge Jeep Ram informed me today they have ordered 6 Ram TRX and 3 are already sold at 30K ADM over LOL Insane how many pay to play and in my area there are so many rich people its just a $100 bill to them.
Thats insanity, but then again people around here are having bidding wars now on houses. $30-50k over asking is common. just not common sense

Xylander

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Tallahassee
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thats insanity, but then again people around here are having bidding wars now on houses. $30-50k over asking is common. just not common sense
Same down here in Tally, FL. The average time a home spends on the market in our desirable NE and NW areas is under a day before it gets an offer. For quality homes that aren't fix-em-ups, they get 30+ offers and houses are selling 20k+ over asking price. I am in contract now to buy my first home with my new wife... and we got really lucky. The owner needs to move quick and we didn't want to be in a bidding war. So I said, "Look, we have a pre-approval, we'll give you your list price and limit the maintenance requests to under $1,000." And they took it.