Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

10.0 Index Finals at MSHS / Lone Star Mopar Fest 10/9/21

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I went to my second MSHS event at HRP on Saturday 10/9/21 (last year 1st time) , ended up in the 10.0 index Finals against a guy (Mike) from North Carolina that does all of the MSHS events around the country & was very good on the pro tree, which I'm not really use to. His Charger HC, he said actually runs mid 9's & he was having to let off at the end to not break out of 10.0, he still did a good job of it. My HC was running true 10.0's with no letting off in that DA for the day. It was still a very good race & he even said that he almost let out too soon as I was pushing him out the back door, he beat me by about 1/2 or less of the front fender. He had a 10.11 ET to my 10.08 ET beating me to the line. I still had a blast with all my usual track buddies, Brian Mason, Nate, Josh & Billy.
I won $200 & a plaque for 2nd place. First place got $450 & a plaque. But like the Brother Hood of Muscle says - "if your not first your last". :LOL:

Attachments

Last edited:

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Image fail...

: (

OP
Mean Cat

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #3
Yeah, trying to add video, not working, oh well.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Yeah, trying to add video, not working, oh well.

Publish on YouTube, link to there.

OP
Mean Cat

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #5
The Finals video, wish I had video at the finish line to see how really close it was.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
.206 isn't a bad light, unless the other guy gets a .123 Congrats on the runner up though. I really like the pro tree! Tell Bmason "hey" for me next time you see him:cool:

OP
Mean Cat

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #7
.206 isn't a bad light, unless the other guy gets a .123 Congrats on the runner up though. I really like the pro tree! Tell Bmason "hey" for me next time you see him:cool:
Thanks man.
Yeah, that was my second best RT all day but wasn't good enough, the other guy was cutting .1's all day, he's good on pro tree.

I'll tell him.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
This is awesome, glad you had fun! In two weeks it will be our turn here in Maryland!

OP
Mean Cat

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #9
This is awesome, glad you had fun! In two weeks it will be our turn here in Maryland!
Thanks, we did have a blast. If you do the 10.0 index, look out for a red Challenger (Jay) & red Charger (Mike), those were the 2 fastest & best in the 10.0 class besides myself LOL, & Mike was who I raced in the finals.
Good Luck !

Last edited:

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Brotherhood of Muscle - Doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile Winning is Winning :p
These cars seen to be more consistent then most expect. Congrats! 10.08 is pretty much right on the money. Sounds like you had your day of fun paid for which is a win in my books.

OP
Mean Cat

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #11
Brotherhood of Muscle - Doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile Winning is Winning :p
These cars seen to be more consistent then most expect. Congrats! 10.08 is pretty much right on the money. Sounds like you had your day of fun paid for which is a win in my books.
Thanks,
yeah, I felt like I won just being in the Finals & winning some money was a bonus but I didn't get 1st place so that was my point about Brotherhood of Muscle.
If I could have gotten closer to his RT, I think it would have been a different outcome.

Grape Ape

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Braselton
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Nice passes! You and I are running pretty much the same times. I think you would beat me on the light though. I need more practice in that department.

OP
Mean Cat

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #13
Nice passes! You and I are running pretty much the same times. I think you would beat me on the light though. I need more practice in that department.
Thanks,
We always have a sport tree when we go to HRP 2 > 3 times a month to the track & I'm perty good on that, normally .0 something, no worse than .1 something. The pro tree at this event, I just don't ever see or get to practice with, so it was tough but it was still fun. I'll get better when we start going to HMP on Sundays where they run pro tree.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Looked like fun. I love the 10.00 classes, they're perfect for these cars with just a couple easy mods and FAST for a street car that won't break the bank.

I have the same issue with the pro tree. Local track uses sportsman at all TNT. I did an MSHS at VMP and did the test day and made 17 passes practicing on the pro tree and finally hit a .032 in the semi finals but my average over the weekend was .2 - .3 still. Someone told me it's pretty hard to do better than .2xx consistently due to all the electronics like throttle, etc unless you get good at guessing.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Damn good job. We are still in the 90s ambient air so track temps will be in the 100s. Still hot to be a spectator even with cold beverages. We will be at the track xmas.

OP
Mean Cat

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #16
Looked like fun. I love the 10.00 classes, they're perfect for these cars with just a couple easy mods and FAST for a street car that won't break the bank.

I have the same issue with the pro tree. Local track uses sportsman at all TNT. I did an MSHS at VMP and did the test day and made 17 passes practicing on the pro tree and finally hit a .032 in the semi finals but my average over the weekend was .2 - .3 still. Someone told me it's pretty hard to do better than .2xx consistently due to all the electronics like throttle, etc unless you get good at guessing.
Your right, the 10.0 class is really cool & fun, another thing I noticed that there's not as many 10.0 cars in that class, the 10.5 & up had the most cars in it. The faster you are the less company or competition there is.
Your RT's are perty good, but it does take some practice & doing it a lot. I don't like to guess because I don't want to lose at the starting line if I red light. I want a chance to win at the finish line.

OP
Mean Cat

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #17
Damn good job. We are still in the 90s ambient air so track temps will be in the 100s. Still hot to be a spectator even with cold beverages. We will be at the track xmas.
Thanks Hickster,
I can't wait for it to cool down good over here too, hopefully soon.

PaVaSteeler

Mole
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
Congrats! MSHS runs a pretty exciting and competitive series.

OP
Mean Cat

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #19
Congrats! MSHS runs a pretty exciting and competitive series.
Thanks man,
yeah, real competitive but everyone was friendly, kidding & joking with each other all in fun.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I agree, I'd rather make them beat me than beat myself.