Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

1,500+ Employees Take Early Retirement in Italy

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Oh no, there goes our supply of the ever popular Fiat 500e's - a tragic loss to the motoring public :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Thank God it did not impact the Toe-nail production line :rolleyes:

2ndAmend

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seacoast
State
NH
Country
United States
Vehicle
20HCM6 22RENBS2
Meanwhile... The demand for workers in the auto industry in Mexico and China continues to grow...

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Wish I could retire early smh never going to happen

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
As in I’m going to have to work until I expire

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
As in I’m going to have to work until I expire
Always thought I would retire @ age 65..(like most I guess)..well @ 71 I'm still working every day..(not that I have to)..still like what I do..my wife wants to me to retire @ 75...I'm not sure what I will do...:unsure:

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Quit now and enjoy your stuff
Always thought I would retire @ age 65..(like most I guess)..well @ 71 I'm still working every day..(not that I have to)..still like what I do..my wife wants to me to retire @ 75...I'm not sure what I will do...:unsure:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Quit now and enjoy your stuff
There is merit to that..with our seasons as short as they are....it's always an issue of not enough time..or too much stuff...or a combination of both...as you know..I love to pick on you...strangely enough..in this instance...you actually make sense..:giggle::giggle:;)

TraxMoe

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Heartland
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
POS slasher
The longer you wait to retire is less time you get to enjoy what you really like to do. Just enjoying life or Drink Beer, get fat and kick the bucket sooner than you though. You're only prolonging the inevitable. I bailed in the middle of the scamdemic because all the restrictions there were with the customers. I haven't regretted it for a moment.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
The longer you wait to retire is less time you get to enjoy what you really like to do. Just enjoying life or Drink Beer, get fat and kick the bucket sooner than you though. You're only prolonging the inevitable. I bailed in the middle of the scamdemic because all the restrictions there were with the customers. I haven't regretted it for a moment.
Not much of a beer drinker..and I work @ stayin in shape..never really considered retirement till lately..as now most of my friends have gone that route...just not a simple decision I guess

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #14
Not much of a beer drinker..and I work @ stayin in shape..never really considered retirement till lately..as now most of my friends have gone that route...just not a simple decision I guess
We're heading that way with the wife having health issues. Seriously thinking of selling everything and finish out with a very simple existence.
I'm the only one who feels this way.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
We're heading that way with the wife having health issues. Seriously thinking of selling everything and finish out with a very simple existence.
I'm the only one who feels this way.
Trust me I get it...and keeping things simple the older I get...makes alotta sense...

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #16
Trust me I get it...and keeping things simple the older I get...makes alotta sense...
We're going to have to make some tough decisions really soon.

RAMBLE1

Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
NORTH FLORIDA
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 CHALLENGER HELLCAT TorRed RED / REDEYE
I understand. I would be at work, now, but the boss wanted me to retire @70. It took a few years to adjust, but I believe this was the best for us. I worked for 50 years, it was time. Now I'm putting my retirements to good use...

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile

Everything the Government touches turns to shit & then some
All this climate change bullshit is killing what is left of the automotive sector not to mention what the famers are dealing with
When these idiots need more tax dollars they seem to find a way to create an issue & then tax it

Our Carbon tax increases April 1st by 23%
Only an idiot ( Justin ) would try to justify this

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I understand. I would be at work, now, but the boss wanted me to retire @70. It took a few years to adjust, but I believe this was the best for us. I worked for 50 years, it was time. Now I'm putting my retirements to good use...
I'm @ 53 years and counting..(only now I own the company..a couple of them actually)..when I was in my early 20's never would have thought I'd be where I am today....(but I like where I am)..just wouldn't want unforeseen sickness or health issues dictate what I do..or how I spend my remaining years....like @ David..tough decisions ahead

TraxMoe

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Heartland
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
POS slasher
I'm @ 53 years and counting..(only now I own the company..a couple of them actually)..when I was in my early 20's never would have thought I'd be where I am today....(but I like where I am)..just wouldn't want unforeseen sickness or health issues dictate what I do..or how I spend my remaining years....like @ David..tough decisions ahead

I have to admit, it was a major life decision to retire. Retirement is a big step and it'll take some getting use to. If you don't have any hobbies it's even harder. I have friends that still haven't retired mainly because work is their life and they don't have anything to fill that void when they do retire. You'll find your new found passions when you retire, but picking a date should be a goal. You're going to find yourself busier after you retire and wonder how you made time for everything