Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Next Charger To Have Twin Turbo V6

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
I'd probably never have started looking at Porsche at all but when a Redeye started to cost $100K it put them in the same league for a lightly used Porshce 911 of course. I'd never think of buying one new though, that first coupe year depreciation is a killer, but once that happens and they level out they seem to hold for many years. The fact they haven't changed much is a good thing for a used buyer as well. Save $150K and have almost the same car.

I've been mulling this over a lot lately but do have to admit there's nothing like a V8 and the Hellcat Challenger certainly suited me. I'd have never gotten rid of mine to swap for a 911, but adding one to the garage would be nice. My Hellcat was a "forever" car for me, that is, unless something even more amazing from Dodge was made like a Redeye 170 for example. I'd have traded up for that.

The Porsche probably wouldn't be a "forever" car though. Just one to have fun with for a while.

Not going to disagree with much of what you are saying, and I have seen a 911 turbo S in action in person many times.

But that video, I'd be surprised if they could make a Demon beat a WRX STi on that cold and still wet surface! So many poorly driven Demon videos on the internet. I love it when p[eople think my car is as slow as videos on the internet show or what magazine times are posted ;)

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Their exhaust is non existant.
Yeah totally blah as far as noises other than the turbo whistle from the front.
You guys have never heard a n/a 911, they scream. The turbo's mute these cars greatly and its hard to make em sound good but the gt3's sound like actual f1 cars screaming at 9,000 rpm.

Also stock german exhausts are usually quiet in general.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #43
You guys have never heard a n/a 911, they scream. The turbo's mute these cars greatly and its hard to make em sound good but the gt3's sound like actual f1 cars screaming at 9,000 rpm.

Also stock german exhausts are usually quiet in general.

I can see taking that out early morning for cars & coffee.

Member ID
Reactions
City
The Triad
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Dodge Demon 170
The Charger Daytona will have an engine option, it's just up to Dodge to do it and they teased it with an easter egg at Speed Week last year. I've covered this in several videos but the EV platforms were developed to drop either EV motors, Hurricanes, or Hemi engines in them. It literally tells you in patents they did this because they design all 3 to have the same mounting locations as a Hemi. I believe they did this as CYA incase a certain administration is voted out, the EV push is killed, and they can quickly swap in the same engines and go back to business as usual. Prime example is the Grand Wagoneer, it has both Hurricane and Hemi options and next year will be a 4xe model without having to have a separate EV specific chassis like what GM does.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #45
The Charger Daytona will have an engine option, it's just up to Dodge to do it and they teased it with an easter egg at Speed Week last year. I've covered this in several videos but the EV platforms were developed to drop either EV motors, Hurricanes, or Hemi engines in them. It literally tells you in patents they did this because they design all 3 to have the same mounting locations as a Hemi. I believe they did this as CYA incase a certain administration is voted out, the EV push is killed, and they can quickly swap in the same engines and go back to business as usual. Prime example is the Grand Wagoneer, it has both Hurricane and Hemi options and next year will be a 4xe model without having to have a separate EV specific chassis like what GM does.
A 4-6 cylinder hemi?

Member ID
Reactions
City
The Triad
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Dodge Demon 170
A 4-6 cylinder hemi?
I heard they were scrambling last year to make a new V8 and should see it in a few years maybe? Then I heard again a few weeks ago more details from another source and that It'll be fully modern with direct injection and some other tech. And I heard Ralph Gilles was fighting to get the next gen cars to be compatible with Hemi swaps, which patents support that is possible. And heard he is retiring from Stellantis after his current contract expires. I know a lot of people are unhappy within Stellantis and people are leaving

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
I can see taking that out early morning for cars & coffee.
That car is amazing to drive, great power to weight balance and weight distribution.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #48
I heard they were scrambling last year to make a new V8 and should see it in a few years maybe? Then I heard again a few weeks ago more details from another source and that It'll be fully modern with direct injection and some other tech. And I heard Ralph Gilles was fighting to get the next gen cars to be compatible with Hemi swaps, which patents support that is possible. And heard he is retiring from Stellantis after his current contract expires. I know a lot of people are unhappy within Stellantis and people are leaving
I understand that the majority of the "good" people are jumping ship or taking early retirement.

The frenchies seem to think that they can force euro trash down Americans throats. How many times do they need to fail at this?

Cluster f*ck city.

Member ID
Reactions
City
The Triad
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Dodge Demon 170
I understand that the majority of the "good" people are jumping ship or taking early retirement.

The frenchies seem to think that they can force euro trash down Americans throats. How many times do they need to fail at this?

Cluster f*ck city.
Yeah I've lost a few really good sources over them taking early retirement. That's how I knew 2 years ago a new smaller Hellephant was coming or the exact week a customer order was going to be built.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
The Challenger has a rear seat? :oops:
And my 6’2” wife can fit in it.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #51
Sure you can. Try riding back there for 500 miles.

Where's the power passenger seat?

Majority of high end cars have a power passenger seat with power rear seat access. These cars are no longer cheap.

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
Wow 6 2
She is a tall women

Bull just don t want his back seat used due to OCD

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #54

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Not going to disagree with much of what you are saying, and I have seen a 911 turbo S in action in person many times.

But that video, I'd be surprised if they could make a Demon beat a WRX STi on that cold and still wet surface! So many poorly driven Demon videos on the internet. I love it when p[eople think my car is as slow as videos on the internet show or what magazine times are posted ;)
That's what I was thinking until they roll raced. That surprised me but I guess 1000lbs in weight makes a big difference.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
That's what I was thinking until they roll raced. That surprised me but I guess 1000lbs in weight makes a big difference.
The demons claim to fame is the quarter mile.

Not only does the 911 weigh less, it makes more power than advertised (these cars are making close to the wheel what they advertise as crank hp, so if they say 640 the car is probably making 700+ hp)

Also of note, the challenger is a literal brick in the air and the 911 is a refined surfboard floating through the air.

So more hp than advertised, lighter, and better aero.

Also they run a 9.9 quarter so they are blazing fast anytime anywhere.

OP
DavidKFla

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #57
The demons claim to fame is the quarter mile.

Not only does the 911 weigh less, it makes more power than advertised (these cars are making close to the wheel what they advertise as crank hp, so if they say 640 the car is probably making 700+ hp)

Also of note, the challenger is a literal brick in the air and the 911 is a refined surfboard floating through the air.

So more hp than advertised, lighter, and better aero.

Also they run a 9.9 quarter so they are blazing fast anytime anywhere.
Newer ones are faster than that.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Yeah I was going to say the only chance a Demon has is in the 1/4 mile on a drag strip. We are talking about a 90k car versus a $230k+ car though.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Porsches and BMWs seem to rate their cars at the wheel now, the are definitely underrated in the traditional sense.

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Porsches and BMWs seem to rate their cars at the wheel now, the are definitely underrated in the traditional sense.
Yeah germans are notorious for this, on some level dodge was underrating some of the hellcats as well.

I think it's the old adage of under promise and over deliver.