Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Jay Leno Demon 170

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
And they can keep them.
Pretty much done with Dodge dealers.

But I was interested in seeing what was out there.
Found a 22 at Huntington Beach Dodge for 18k off of sticker. Been on Cars.com for 285 days.
10k of that price reduction is them losing their markup. Then another 8k off sticker.

I think its 74k now.

It just rubs me wrong and I've lost all interest in trying to grab one.
Even the 24 TRX's base price is almost 20k over my 21 level 1!!!!

Enjoy those Hurricanes
Weird shit is happening in the car market right now.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
There are other issues besides the supercharger bearings.... I don't think it's a hood shortage but a problem with the hood inserts like the 2018 Demons that they are trying to resolve. I've been told yes they've been building them on the production line, BUT parts will have to be added/replaced after the fact. I do know that apparently every one built up until now needs the supercharger replaced. I also knew about the Leno Demon for a few weeks now and know just how much had to be done to get the car done on time.
Thats awesome of the workers. Kinda annoyed me how "whatever" Leno was when TK revealed it was his car, he was first and guys busted butts to get it to him. Disappointing reaction for the back-breaking effort. They even managed to get him the unobtainium CF wheels. "Thanks"....lol

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Thats awesome of the workers. Kinda annoyed me how "whatever" Leno was when TK revealed it was his car, he was first and guys busted butts to get it to him. Disappointing reaction for the back-breaking effort. They even managed to get him the unobtainium CF wheels. "Thanks"....lol
Leno is slowly loosing it. After those wrecks, he hasn't been the same.

Last edited:

Jroc

Premium Account
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Chilliwack
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
Leno is slowly loosing it. After those wrecks, he hasn't been the same.
It's too bad because I've always liked Leno, but even on Jay Lenos Garage you could tell half the time he didn't know what was going on. Interview questions with CEOs weren't great and it didn't seem like he really knew what he was looking at most of the time. The D170 live stream was particularly bad though, I'm not sure if it's the accidents or aging or a combination of both.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
It's too bad because I've always liked Leno, but even on Jay Lenos Garage you could tell half the time he didn't know what was going on. Interview questions with CEOs weren't great and it didn't seem like he really knew what he was looking at most of the time. The D170 live stream was particularly bad though, I'm not sure if it's the accidents or aging or a combination of both.
Saw him in concert quite a few years ago. It was a good show.
20190104_214241.jpg

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
View attachment 113536

That's all I'm going to share for now. I still stand by the fact I don't think anyone that isn't a VIP is going to see their cars before Winter.
Wow. Even the +-238 that are already built?

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
Yes, I have also noticed Jay is showing some age and seems more aloof this last year after his misfortunes. I don't care for some of his positions on things, but I support him because of all he does for the hobby, preserving some of the world's most amazing vehicles and he frigging drives them and shares them, unlike a lot of other private collectors.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Yes, I have also noticed Jay is showing some age and seems more aloof this last year after his misfortunes. I don't care for some of his positions on things, but I support him because of all he does for the hobby, preserving some of the world's most amazing vehicles and he frigging drives them and shares them, unlike a lot of other private collectors.
We all start to decline as we age. Hell, I see it in myself the past few years. I don't have the stamina like I once had.

Jroc

Premium Account
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Chilliwack
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
I just checked on a car that was previously at D1 and had a ship date that lost the ship date and went back to D status. It is now D1 again with an estimated ship date of Sept 27th so I'll take that as a good sign.

One thing I will mention though is the Estimated ship date usually ends up being the production date, so who knows how quickly it will ship after that.

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #50

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
It must be nice to be connected and coddled by Dodge. His D170 is still the ONLY one delivered. Next up...The YouTube Clown Posse(c)...

Take care of the "celebrities", your high-roller dealerhips (with massive ADM gifts) and that's about it... Sucks but that's how Dodge rolls.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
It must be nice to be connected and coddled by Dodge. His D170 is still the ONLY one delivered. Next up...The YouTube Clown Posse(c)...

Take care of the "celebrities", your high-roller dealerhips (with massive ADM gifts) and that's about it... Sucks but that's how Dodge rolls.
Gotta look good for the sheep.

Member ID
Reactions
City
The Triad
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Dodge Demon 170
Yeah he literally didn't know the Hellcat wasn't going to be made anymore, couldn't name his favorite last call car, and seemed confused when asked which was his favorite "ummm, my favorite what?". Pretty embarrassing for a car enthusiast of his level at a big Dodge reveal event.
Let's not discuss the Chief Scam, I mean Donut Maker :ROFLMAO:

Member ID
Reactions
City
The Triad
State
NC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Dodge Demon 170

Goldberg got his...

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile

I posted there was a 170 around the corner from me on an open carrier all by itself
Not sure where he was heading ?
Black

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I posted there was a 170 around the corner from me on an open carrier all by itself
Not sure where he was heading ?
Black
Not mine. Mine is painted in special invisible paint since I ain't gitting one.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Maybe the accidents have taken a bit of a toll on Jay. I think of him like he's "only" 73 but maybe I'll be missing a step when I get there too.

I think Demonology's 170 is in route.

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
Maybe the accidents have taken a bit of a toll on Jay. I think of him like he's "only" 73 but maybe I'll be missing a step when I get there too.

I think Demonology's 170 is in route.
The last 1 was nasty

1693422924996.png

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
That picture is actually from the burn incident. I think the most recent accident was on a vintage Indian bike and wasn't really his fault. Some body strung a wire across a parking lot entrance without a flag. Jay went to turn in, got closed lined by the wire and it broke his collar bone, two ribs, and both knee caps!

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
That picture is actually from the burn incident. I think the most recent accident was on a vintage Indian bike and wasn't really his fault. Some body strung a wire across a parking lot entrance without a flag. Jay went to turn in, got closed lined by the wire and it broke his collar bone, two ribs, and both knee caps!
Ah shit
I never hear that 1