Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Wow read this Dodge is probably no more after the PEUGEOT merger!

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
Should be interesting. 😬

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
I feel like we hear this every time there is a new merger/owner...

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #4
I feel like we hear this every time there is a new merger/owner...
It’s all bout the Electric Revolution and sure I think the Dodge Challenger refresh will be a powerful vehicle and hopefully cool looking. But it will probably under a new name.

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat
Click bait.

NoCoHC

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Numerous
If it happens the Hellcat has had a good run. There are plenty of cars out there to keep enthusiasts happy for a long time. At some point the manufacturer has to move into the new iteration of the car or get rid of it. If the Hellcat fades away it will go down as one of the best muscle cars ever.

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Just call them Dodge 300's and Dodge Pacifica's to go with the Challengers, Chargers and Durangos, and you have a marketable lineup for a few more years.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #8
The world Governments are mandating Electric and alternative fuels to propel vehicles. If you read the Peugeot Merger it point blank states it merged with FCA to get the Jeep and Ram profits to use for R&D for future Electric vehicles. And I would love to see someone here show me the same design car and motors for 20 plus years???? Ok the VW Beetle LOL. The heyday of the Challenger and Charger will come to an end. And will be replaced with something hopefully cool but cant see another 10 years of a refresh on a Dodge product. And the Electric cars are advancing more than ever before which will propel sales and faster cars. I am not the Electric guy jumping up and down to see the change but its inevitable.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Sorry to say,, but ster from the early 70's how many times have we herd and seen this?? 1st it was Dodge, Pyymouth, Harley, Campbelles soup, it is a shame we have to see, hear, or discover a merger and or a dis mantle that doed' not happen and or cost alot of stock hol holder's alot of pills berry sum doe. Still doing the same tricksters but in a different quanty. Our hands on people can not take the hits with the Viruses, gas prices, increasinsing prices from Chiner,bad deals from DC, thought that wood be better. Taken sum bad hits we were not promised,, imigane that. Don't have to tell ya how to suck it upster. If I can help,, let me know.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
It's about product development and effective management. If you manage quarter to quarter (like America, and it's business schools for "executive leaders"), you're going to fail against companies that plan for the long term. A car company with only two, or three, offerings is easy pickings. I would not particularly consider Dodge in danger - it is profitable and has a huge US presence (and a reasonable presence - mostly name recognition, however) over seas. Chrysler is probably dead meat.

alien and predator play ground.gif

Jungle Cat

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dracut
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Where will we get parts? As far as electric cars. Until they can go the distance of a gasoline powered car and charge in five minutes they just are not going to cut it. On top of that how much will a liberal government have to tax us to make up for lost gas tax revenue? Think of the increased demand for electricity and what will power that? Twits like AOC are too dumb to realize how much is made from oil including that nice white polyester dress she likes to wear. And yes I would still jump her. Just couldn’t stand to be around her after.
🤦🏻‍♂️

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
So I guess this means that my local Chrysler, GM dealer will be selling alpha Romeo and Maserati now.. wonder if will see their brands and inventory start to accrue on dealer lots in coming months?

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
It’s all bout the Electric Revolution and sure I think the Dodge Challenger refresh will be a powerful vehicle and hopefully cool looking. But it will probably under a new name.
If we're really lucky, the Charger will get a de-fresh instead. They used to look like an American muscle car, remember?

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8
It will take years to build nuclear plants to keep up with electric demand. Here in CA we have had many blackouts last year and a bunch this year already. It will be a while before gas cars are history.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Chrysler and Dodge could stand on their own and be like Cadillac/Chevy or Lincoln/Ford if they wanted to.

Bring back the Chrysler Aspen as the 100k SUV but they decided that should be Jeep.

Wish I had billions to offer them for both brands. Not a fan of the EV movement and I am really curious how its all going to play out. One GOP dominated election away from delaying it all by another 4 years.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Where will we get parts? As far as electric cars. Until they can go the distance of a gasoline powered car and charge in five minutes they just are not going to cut it. On top of that how much will a liberal government have to tax us to make up for lost gas tax revenue? Think of the increased demand for electricity and what will power that? Twits like AOC are too dumb to realize how much is made from oil including that nice white polyester dress she likes to wear. And yes I would still jump her. Just couldn’t stand to be around her after.
🤦🏻‍♂️
Illinois floated a $2000 yearly registration tax on EV's until the public pulled out their pitchforks.
Government isn't ready to lose that gas tax

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
It will take years to build nuclear plants to keep up with electric demand. Here in CA we have had many blackouts last year and a bunch this year already. It will be a while before gas cars are history.
^^^ What he said. They are banging our doors down now because someone is going to be the first to Pumped Storage Hydro with its longer lasting “battery” to support further solar. Without better and longer lasting batteries these solar cells just don’t work well in the dark! We can build acres and acres of solar, but unless we can store the excess energy we make all day in this country, we are pissing away $$$$. You want to charge that new electric car after dark when everyone gets home and uses more power anyway washing clothes, making dinner, watching TV and firing up lots of other electrical devices and lights and without the wind blowing and the sun shining? Think about it.

I can cut and paste 100’s of Duck Curve articles. I have even authored an article or two and given a speech on it myself. But even if this one is authored in AU, it delivers the message and explains the power problem of today concisely and accurately and was published in 2020.

https://thehub.agl.com.au/articles/2020/03/explainer-the-duck-curve

HWDan

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Home of the Hellcat
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2017 Charger SRT 392

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Stay tuned for next weeks episode, when the wind blows from a different direction....

fire place.gif

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
I’ll just hold onto my girls just in case.

277BE150-D225-4CFF-BA64-C85AF441EABC.jpeg