Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Wow hey everyone just buy an electric car to avoid high fuel pricesšŸ˜³

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Straight out of the horses mouth or should I say an asses mouthšŸ˜. Uh huh then once the Government which lives off oil tax monies sees there tax monies dry upā€¦..yiu will have a huge recharge tax. Smoke and mirrors or should I say lies beyond lies to advance an agenda to enrich the like of Chinas mining operations.
Buttigieg: If you hate soaring fuel costs and shortages, just wait until you buy an EV!
Buttigieg said that families would essentially have a ā€œ$12,500 discountā€ in transportation costs, adding that ā€œfamilies who own that vehicle will never have to worry about gas prices again.ā€

ā€œThe people who stand to benefit most from owning an EV are often rural residents who have the most distances to drive, who burn the most gas, and underserved urban residents in areas where there are higher gas prices and lower income,ā€ Buttigieg said.

ā€œThey would gain the most by having that vehicle. These are the very residents who have not always been connected to electric vehicles that are viewed as kind of a luxury item,ā€ he added.

ā€œIf we can make the electric vehicle less expensive for everybody, more people can take advantage, and weā€™ll be selling more American-made EVs, which means in time theyā€™ll become less expensive to make and to buy for everybody,ā€ Buttigieg said.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
That boy's a genius.

GENIUS.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Just a light bulb with infinite intensity!

Pete, where TF are we going to get the electric power to plug these in at night when the sun donā€™t shine and the wind is calm? Donā€™t say lithium batteries please! Because China is going to make you pay for that like you will never believe, IF you can get a set to last more than 5-7 years. Ha! Go for it!

Prange

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
no longer in Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Scat Pack
Pete Butthead is really something, isn't he?

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Pete Butthead is really something, isn't he?
I certainly donā€™t need to see any more of him. Really donā€™t need to listen to his slanted view of energy either. How about the Sec of Energy last week, she had no idea even in a range of magnitude, how much gas the USA uses each day?

Prange

2000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
no longer in Chicago
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Charger Scat Pack
I certainly donā€™t need to see any more of him. Really donā€™t need to listen to his slanted view of energy either. How about the Sec of Energy last week, she had no idea even in a range of magnitude, how much gas the USA uses each day?
These morons could be characters from The Onion. They are truly insane.

I never knew that Idiocracy was a documentary.

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
I'm really not interested in an Electric Car.

If they want to save Fuel then put the Infrastructure Bill Money into the right place for more and better transportation. The US is far behind many countries and most of our Transportation is outdated as well as our roads!

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
If they can be charged on 120V, you can just run an extension cord from your third floor apartment in Chicago over the back balcony or out the front door, across the sidewalk and plug your EV in overnight. EZ as pie.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I never knew that Idiocracy was a documentary.
I had this same thought a few days ago listening to these 2 idiots talking during various interviews o_O:poop:

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
He forgot to mention that the country who controls the resources to produce EVs is China. So this will make China the worlds super power if they are not already.

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Screenshot_20211130-113947_Facebook.jpg

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
He forgot to mention that the country who controls the resources to produce EVs is China. So this will make China the worlds super power if they are not already.
He has to please his owners.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
ā€œThe people who stand to benefit most from owning an EV are often rural residents who have the most distances to drive, who burn the most gas...
We often laugh about what it'd be like having electric vehicles here. So she goes shopping (100 miles), or really shopping (Costco, 150 miles away).

For normal stuff, she often fills up the TRX, and every now and then loads the crew cab 3500 longbed up completely. But let's forget about carrying capacity and pretend that she could use a regular electric car.

Since we have a standby generator, she could definitely make it even to Costco with almost any of them, even if the power has been out. But then what?

Since we're not in Kansas or Florida, the +500 feet of elevation difference, followed by about -3,000, then +500 or so, and another -500 feet (not counting numerous + and - a few hundred feet hills along the way) will have to be regained.

Something tells me that those range numbers they claim are for flat ground, when doing the speed limit, and aren't necessarily applicable when doing 80 mph or better.

Okay, so she could slow down a bit, but I'm still convinced that I'd have to hook up a trailer and come rescue her. With a diesel 3500. The question is only from where.

Since cell service is kinda spotty, and non existent where she's most likely to run out of electrons, I just don't think that electric vehicles are ideal for some of us urban folks.
But damn, these roads are fun when driving supercharged 6.2s.

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
All good points @Jimmy N.

Money should be spent on True infrastructure upgrades, that could help more people to get to and from on a less costly transportation system that is more modern. We shouldn't be forced to spend more money and figure all this out, when a better Transportation system could be available for more people to use daily.

Biden should know very well about taking the train......Right!

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Bingo Dingo. You guys are right. Driving a 6.2 on a nice 160 mph ride is what they are attempting to stop. STOP having fun and ride the train. I have done it 3 times and they wood not let me on with my AK. Here in Florida we don't have the elevations to deal with but it's the 120 mph winds coming off the gulf of Biden. It should be a communist plot from the Biden Admi to let the Russians and Chineese run with the oil production and now the natural gas lines they are installing. Our defense Dept better have a better idea than what they leak to us. The commies don't care about the snare datter from Tellico Plains, Tn to stop a much needed power, hydro, plants in the Smokey's. Makes my feet swell.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
1638404688121.png

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
We often laugh about what it'd be like having electric vehicles here. So she goes shopping (100 miles), or really shopping (Costco, 150 miles away).

For normal stuff, she often fills up the TRX, and every now and then loads the crew cab 3500 longbed up completely. But let's forget about carrying capacity and pretend that she could use a regular electric car.

Since we have a standby generator, she could definitely make it even to Costco with almost any of them, even if the power has been out. But then what?

Since we're not in Kansas or Florida, the +500 feet of elevation difference, followed by about -3,000, then +500 or so, and another -500 feet (not counting numerous + and - a few hundred feet hills along the way) will have to be regained.

Something tells me that those range numbers they claim are for flat ground, when doing the speed limit, and aren't necessarily applicable when doing 80 mph or better.

Okay, so she could slow down a bit, but I'm still convinced that I'd have to hook up a trailer and come rescue her. With a diesel 3500. The question is only from where.

Since cell service is kinda spotty, and non existent where she's most likely to run out of electrons, I just don't think that electric vehicles are ideal for some of us urban folks.
But damn, these roads are fun when driving supercharged 6.2s.
You'd have to add in the "Gilligan" feature......

gilligan car.gif

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Here's something to think about also.....

You can bet that there will be certain political types that will want to provide electric vehicles to the underprivileged either subsidized or for free (ie: paid for by the rest of us taxpayers)......but it gets better....

Most people on welfare and various govt. programs also get discounted electricity from the utility companies. The utility companies get to write these programs off plus they get a certain amount of money from the various governmental agencies. most of these folks don't pay for any electric at all or they pay a very low "fee" based on their income (ie: $15 or less per month). So......when they get electric cars provided to them, and they don't have to pay for the electric, or they pay very little in comparison to the rest of us, how will that make you feel????

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
[QUOTE="Stormtrooper1320, post: 222486, member: 1068"... how will that make you feel????[/QUOTE]

That's an easy question. It'll make me dislike electric cars even more.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
So if they take 80% electricity out of the picture and discontinue and decomission these power plants??? What are they going to make electric from? Space stations with kites and strings? With grand dads shrimp boats anchor in an aquarium?? Take it out ,,, but replace it with what?? Wind farms burning in Calli and 1 bitchacane from Florida to take out 15 years worth of smoker's panels. These things are built in lands of no use. No place to anchor to except a 30 foot python. He will win. This would be called garbage power. Place the panels on residental roofs and see what holds the roof on. Insurance rates going up?? UG.