Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

When You're Down and they Keep Kicking

T_Trahan44

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2012 Challenger SXT
Started the day off on the wrong foot. Tried to stay happy throughout when I couldn't sleep a wink longer than ten minutes at a time. Except until about 4am. Finally knocked out and slept.

In that time, my dog managed to get my glasses off the dresser and chew the arm, lay on them to break the arm completely off, and decided it was necessary to chew my phone charger too.

So, my phone died through the night, and my alarm failed to go off. So I woke up late to work.

Soon discovered my glasses broken. Decided to grab my spare pair, no big deal. No issues. Until they weren't on my desk. So I can't find them. Already 10 minutes late to work. Call my boss. He says I need to get there. So I say screw it.

Get to work, spend all morning fixing other people's mess ups. Dealing with angry customers. Dealing with idiot coworkers. That's fine and dandy. Getting through the day. Go to lunch. Need to get gas, so I get gas on lunch. Only ten dollars, it's the last time I'm driving the Challenger for the winter.

Get back to the store and continue my awful day. Get the call that my little sister has Covid and isn't doing well. So now I'm stressing that. Trying to get through the day. Around 5:45 I get another call, my credit card has been declined due to suspicious activity. Someone was trying to use it a couple states away to purchase some stuff online. So that's got me stressed. Freeze all cards immediately and try to figure out how to make it through the day.

FINALLY close the store and go to leave. Low Tire Pressure light on. Assume it's just a little low due to the weather being chilly. Hop out, give a quick but blind glance at the tires. They seem fine. Get going through the parking lot and feel a weeble wobble. Hop out again to double check. Rear tire is dead flat.

So I get to hopping on changing out with the little spare thinking, "I'll just go get a new set tomorrow." Nope. Cards are locked. Can't afford to risk it.

Okay. So I'll get home on the spare, put her away for the winter and just go about it, right?

Wrong. On the way home, my spare decided it didn't wanna hold air either. So I limp the 4 miles through the pass and get her home. Come to find the dog has left PRESENTS on the floor in the living. Nice stinky presents.

Waiting on a call or email to see if I can unlock my cards again so I can check on getting some new tires. But I doubt I will have them anytime soon.

So, TL: DR.

My eyes are broke. My car is broke. My bank is broke. Bright side? I'm off for the next two days. I get to work on my roommates car to see if I can get it running now.

If there's anything you gotta take from this, take this. Check your spares. Check on your loved ones. And for the love of all things Mopar, keep a spare pair of glasses hidden in your safe.
I'm out 1000 dollars in GLASSES ALONE. I'm not having a good time, guys. Not a good time at all.

Hope you all had a better day than I.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
Started the day off on the wrong foot. Tried to stay happy throughout when I couldn't sleep a wink longer than ten minutes at a time. Except until about 4am. Finally knocked out and slept.

In that time, my dog managed to get my glasses off the dresser and chew the arm, lay on them to break the arm completely off, and decided it was necessary to chew my phone charger too.

So, my phone died through the night, and my alarm failed to go off. So I woke up late to work.

Soon discovered my glasses broken. Decided to grab my spare pair, no big deal. No issues. Until they weren't on my desk. So I can't find them. Already 10 minutes late to work. Call my boss. He says I need to get there. So I say screw it.

Get to work, spend all morning fixing other people's mess ups. Dealing with angry customers. Dealing with idiot coworkers. That's fine and dandy. Getting through the day. Go to lunch. Need to get gas, so I get gas on lunch. Only ten dollars, it's the last time I'm driving the Challenger for the winter.

Get back to the store and continue my awful day. Get the call that my little sister has Covid and isn't doing well. So now I'm stressing that. Trying to get through the day. Around 5:45 I get another call, my credit card has been declined due to suspicious activity. Someone was trying to use it a couple states away to purchase some stuff online. So that's got me stressed. Freeze all cards immediately and try to figure out how to make it through the day.

FINALLY close the store and go to leave. Low Tire Pressure light on. Assume it's just a little low due to the weather being chilly. Hop out, give a quick but blind glance at the tires. They seem fine. Get going through the parking lot and feel a weeble wobble. Hop out again to double check. Rear tire is dead flat.

So I get to hopping on changing out with the little spare thinking, "I'll just go get a new set tomorrow." Nope. Cards are locked. Can't afford to risk it.

Okay. So I'll get home on the spare, put her away for the winter and just go about it, right?

Wrong. On the way home, my spare decided it didn't wanna hold air either. So I limp the 4 miles through the pass and get her home. Come to find the dog has left PRESENTS on the floor in the living. Nice stinky presents.

Waiting on a call or email to see if I can unlock my cards again so I can check on getting some new tires. But I doubt I will have them anytime soon.

So, TL: DR.

My eyes are broke. My car is broke. My bank is broke. Bright side? I'm off for the next two days. I get to work on my roommates car to see if I can get it running now.

If there's anything you gotta take from this, take this. Check your spares. Check on your loved ones. And for the love of all things Mopar, keep a spare pair of glasses hidden in your safe.
I'm out 1000 dollars in GLASSES ALONE. I'm not having a good time, guys. Not a good time at all.

Hope you all had a better day than I.

Well if there's a good piece to this, you shouldn't suffer anymore bad luck for the next ten years.

Best of luck for tomorrow.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
And best wishes for your sister!

OP
T_Trahan44

T_Trahan44

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2012 Challenger SXT
Thread Starter #4

Matt someone with an SRT

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger SRT Hellcat , 2019 RedEye WB
Damn man that sucks. At least you still have your job, car and good health.. I’m sure there was some poor bastard out there yesterday with a scat pack or a hellcat braving the snow and got rear ended by some idiot.. so definitely could always be worse. Hope everything works out man. I’ll keep you in my prayers, One Love ✌️

Hunter

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
That's a BAD day for sure.
Praying for your sister.
Think of it this way, it's GOTTA be all uphill after a day like that!

Purerock105

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
St Petersburg
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 HC Charger, 20 Durango SRT, 17 GT350. 98 C5
That sucks for sure.

My barometer of life usually is driving down the interstate at 3am and someone is walking. In the dark. In the cold. No disabled car nearby. They are walking from point A to point B. (Dangerous and also illegal)

Any bad day I have, I always mutter to myself, at least I'm NOT that guy.

Matt someone with an SRT

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger SRT Hellcat , 2019 RedEye WB
One suggestion to life.. never ever start a day saying today is going to be a good day.. every time I have said that like half a dozen times.. it always ends up being a bad day hah 4 real... I just go with the flow now

ChargerChallenger

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Bet that’s the last time you piss off @1971demon man.....he’s uhm the Demon you know and he has voodoo dolls as well😳

sincerely being young I know the shit all too well....it can only get better that’s the way you have to handle it, nothing lasts forever good or bad😎

Paladin06

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Queen Creek
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
All I can add is that every day above ground is a good day. Keep your head up. :)

ChargerChallenger

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
All I can add is that every day above ground is a good day. Keep your head up. :)
When I am having a lousy day I think of the young men who went off to war and think yeh right Im having a bad day😳

Paladin06

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Queen Creek
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
When I am having a lousy day I think of the young men who went off to war and think yeh right Im having a bad day😳
I was one of those young guys a long time ago. :-(

SilverBillet

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warrenton
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2013 Charger Daytona (Hellcat sold 5/16/20)
Hate to say it but you do not need that dog...best wishes for your sister.

Xylander

Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Tallahassee
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Member ID
Reactions
City
Imlay City
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Scat Pack
Hi,

As they say all happens at once, and don't let it get the best of you, there's always tomorrow to make today seem like a cake walk.

No matter how bad it is, someone somewhere has it much worse.

And betting the dog will still make a mess even on a good day. But that's what dogs do...then look at you like who me, lol

Hope you're sister gets through it, my step-sister did back in May, so hopefully not the end of the world

Good luck with the rest of it

Cheers,
Jim

OP
T_Trahan44

T_Trahan44

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2012 Challenger SXT
Thread Starter #16
Damn man that sucks. At least you still have your job, car and good health.. I’m sure there was some poor bastard out there yesterday with a scat pack or a hellcat braving the snow and got rear ended by some idiot.. so definitely could always be worse. Hope everything works out man. I’ll keep you in my prayers, One Love ✌️
I appreciate it, Matt! You guys are right, it could've been much worse. Looking back it was more of everything hitting at once.

That's a BAD day for sure.
Praying for your sister.
Think of it this way, it's GOTTA be all uphill after a day like that!
Gotta spend today working on a truck that doesn't wanna start. So hopefully it'll be better.

I was gonna be one of those young men. But I got denied due to my asthma being so bad.

Hate to say it but you do not need that dog...best wishes for your sister.
You are correct, I don't need the dog. But he is an older dog. A real sweetheart, and I do love him. I don't plan to get rid of him. At this point, it would just be cruel to send him off over a 5 dollar charger and some smelly presents. 🤷🏻‍♂️ It's my own fault, really. But he's not going anywhere anytime soon.

ChargerChallenger

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
The dogs jealous of you wearing his collar😁

ACMAVRO

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat
A shitty day indeed. Keep your head up, stay positive my friend. Tomorrow is a new day. Wishing the best for your sister.