Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What % interest did you get through Chrysler Capital?

Hemidayz

Member ID
Reactions
City
Las Vegas
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 WB Hellcat Charger
Has anyone managed to get a 3% interest rate on their loan ? I got 3% through my Navy Federal Credit Union but am waiting for the dealer to receive my car from the factory before I run my credit through Chrysler. I gave a deposit and signed a contract where it states I get the price if financed with the dealerships bank. I sort of regret this but am hoping Chrysler will offer me 3% or close to it, any advice?

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I've got several loans with NFCU, none of the dealerships I've worked with have ever been able to get within a full point of their rates.

The scary thing is that NFCU doesn't have the best rates out there...

Bboyd

9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Monongahla
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Hellcat
.09% in june!

OP
Hemidayz

Hemidayz

Member ID
Reactions
City
Las Vegas
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 WB Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #4
You got 0.9% through Chrysler Capital, what is your credit score and down payment if you don’t mind me asking?

Krazzeeddie

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Chesterfield
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Wide Body Scat Pack
I have 3 loans currently at 0% through FCA/Chrysler. The last two were almost exactly twelve months ago. I have no idea what the rates are right now.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I have 3 loans currently at 0% through FCA/Chrysler. The last two were almost exactly twelve months ago. I have no idea what the rates are right now.

What magic words do you use when you're speaking with the Finance guy to have him actually try?

I've offered every time I've bought a vehicle to have them try and beat my financing and they just shrug...

Very annoying really...

OP
Hemidayz

Hemidayz

Member ID
Reactions
City
Las Vegas
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 WB Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #7
What magic words do you use when you're speaking with the Finance guy to have him actually try?

I've offered every time I've bought a vehicle to have them try and beat my financing and they just shrug...

Very annoying really...
This is what I would like to know as well

SRT2SLOW

Member ID
Reactions
City
Staten Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Hellcat Challenger WB Redeye
Be careful because alot of the times if you finance through the factory bank you lose out on the rebates, so you have to see which works out better money wise. Most companies offer a special rate and less rebates or more rebates and a standard rate. And the buyers order you signed isn’t a contract so obviously they want you to finace with them but do your homework and shop around.

OP
Hemidayz

Hemidayz

Member ID
Reactions
City
Las Vegas
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 WB Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #9
Be careful because alot of the times if you finance through the factory bank you lose out on the rebates, so you have to see which works out better money wise. Most companies offer a special rate and less rebates or more rebates and a standard rate. And the buyers order you signed isn’t a contract so obviously they want you to finace with them but do your homework and shop around.
I signed a motor vehicle contract of sale that locks me in the price and gives me acces to the powerdollars plus whatever discount the dealership is offering,

Bboyd

9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Monongahla
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Hellcat
You got 0.9% through Chrysler Capital, what is your credit score and down payment if you don’t mind me asking?
I traded 16 rt Durango 1800 Cash I put down cash on a 20 RT Durango That kinda just toke care of the extended warranty, 515 month something in that ball park! Score high 700 i think?

OP
Hemidayz

Hemidayz

Member ID
Reactions
City
Las Vegas
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 WB Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #11
I traded 16 rt Durango 1800 Cash I put down cash on a 20 RT Durango That kinda just toke care of the extended warranty, 515 month something in that ball park! Score high 700 i think?
I don’t see why I wouldn’t have access to this too. I have over 800 score with $40k down

Krazzeeddie

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Chesterfield
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Wide Body Scat Pack
To be honest I am very good friends with the owner of the dealership, and have purchased around 15 plus vehicles from him through the years and last year alone I sent him probably $500,000.00 in sales, 1 Track Hawk, 1 Cat, 2 Scat Packs 2 trucks and a couple Jeeps along with the stuff that my family purchase. He treats me very well.

My wife’s Rebel we ordered in 2016 it has 3 payments left zero percent, we traded in a 2007 loaded Ram with 35,000 miles he had it sold before it left our driveway and shipped it to Florida.

The two last year were my daily a 2019 RT Journey it was not ordered but he did a dealer trade when he found one with the options I wanted I already have 21,000 miles on it and I put 5 grand down and zero percent.

The second was my Wide Body Scat I ordered that about a month before I got the Journey, I put 10 grand down on that one and zero percent.

I never deal with a sales guy until the end and other than my Scat they have delivered all vehicles to my house picked up the trade in and done the paperwork in the driveway. The Scat I wanted to pick that one up myself and it was done with absolutely no dealer prep.

He has always given me all available discounts that are offered at the time of purchase, including on the Scat a 7 year zero deductible tire and wheel warranty for $565.00 dollars well worth it when I got the second set of rear tires.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Has anyone managed to get a 3% interest rate on their loan ? I got 3% through my Navy Federal Credit Union but am waiting for the dealer to receive my car from the factory before I run my credit through Chrysler. I gave a deposit and signed a contract where it states I get the price if financed with the dealerships bank. I sort of regret this but am hoping Chrysler will offer me 3% or close to it, any advice?
I take the best rate I can get at the dealership if it means I get rebates on the price of the car. I really don't care what rate they give me as long as I'm saving money on the front end because no matter what they give me for a rate, if I don't like it, I will refi the loan at Navy Fed. I have done this multiple times so that I don't lose all the rebate money up front. And I always make sure there isn't any prepayment penalty on the loan from the dealer. As long as the vehicle has less than 7500 miles on it, you can refi at Navy Fed with their new car rates. Most times they will even give you $200 just for refi with them.

Bboyd

9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Monongahla
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Hellcat
idk if location has anything to do with rates?

OP
Hemidayz

Hemidayz

Member ID
Reactions
City
Las Vegas
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 WB Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #15
idk if location has anything to do with rates?
It shouldn’t

Tannehill

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New castle
State
DE
Country
United States
To be honest I am very good friends with the owner of the dealership, and have purchased around 15 plus vehicles from him through the years and last year alone I sent him probably $500,000.00 in sales, 1 Track Hawk, 1 Cat, 2 Scat Packs 2 trucks and a couple Jeeps along with the stuff that my family purchase. He treats me very well.

My wife’s Rebel we ordered in 2016 it has 3 payments left zero percent, we traded in a 2007 loaded Ram with 35,000 miles he had it sold before it left our driveway and shipped it to Florida.

The two last year were my daily a 2019 RT Journey it was not ordered but he did a dealer trade when he found one with the options I wanted I already have 21,000 miles on it and I put 5 grand down and zero percent.

The second was my Wide Body Scat I ordered that about a month before I got the Journey, I put 10 grand down on that one and zero percent.

I never deal with a sales guy until the end and other than my Scat they have delivered all vehicles to my house picked up the trade in and done the paperwork in the driveway. The Scat I wanted to pick that one up myself and it was done with absolutely no dealer prep.

He has always given me all available discounts that are offered at the time of purchase, including on the Scat a 7 year zero deductible tire and wheel warranty for $565.00 dollars well worth it when I got the second set of rear tires.
Your friend called in a "favor" each time to the banks his dealership always works with. It's a common thing and reserved for high credit score clients. Helps the dealer still make a sale instead of losing out due to financing negotiations. Dealerships work with certain banks and credit unions (many local) and give them so much business that they can call in "favors" for low rates here and there. Use to have family in the business....let me tell you, it's sad/depressing/scary/uncalled for, how many Americans are absolutely terrible with money and/or have terrible credit and no savings. So a lot of the loans these banks give have higher interest rates than their average, so the "favors" are no big deal.

Any dealer who tells you this is not true, either doesn't take part in it, needs to learn it, or needs to develop the local relationships.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
💰 CASH ONLY!

OP
Hemidayz

Hemidayz

Member ID
Reactions
City
Las Vegas
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 WB Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #18
Your friend called in a "favor" each time to the banks his dealership always works with. It's a common thing and reserved for high credit score clients. Helps the dealer still make a sale instead of losing out due to financing negotiations. Dealerships work with certain banks and credit unions (many local) and give them so much business that they can call in "favors" for low rates here and there. Use to have family in the business....let me tell you, it's sad/depressing/scary/uncalled for, how many Americans are absolutely terrible with money and/or have terrible credit and no savings. So a lot of the loans these banks give have higher interest rates than their average, so the "favors" are no big deal.

Any dealer who tells you this is not true, either doesn't take part in it, needs to learn it, or needs to develop the local relationships.
What you said is true. The dealer was saying if Chrysler capital could not get me approved for 3% for some reason, than he has a few local banks that could do the 3% or lower.

OP
Hemidayz

Hemidayz

Member ID
Reactions
City
Las Vegas
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 WB Hellcat Charger
Thread Starter #19
It’s important to build credit, especially nowadays. You never know when the opportunity to turn a profit through real estate comes along.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
It’s important to build credit, especially nowadays. You never know when the opportunity to turn a profit through real estate comes along.
My credits good. 825.