Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What in the hell is the world coming to?

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
1990 Carrera Targa 2 sold for 1.1 million, yes, MILLION, dollars. Four year custom built motor, etc..., etc..., costing 617K dollars is supposed to make it worth it. A whopping 400 HP and 315 ft/lbs of torque. And UGLY as **** thrown in for free.

I am pained by this. America is becoming a completely degenerate nation.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1990-porsche-911-carrera-targa-singer/

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
1990 Carrera Targa 2 sold for 1.1 million, yes, MILLION, dollars. Four year custom built motor, etc..., etc..., costing 617K dollars is supposed to make it worth it. A whopping 400 HP and 315 ft/lbs of torque. And UGLY as **** thrown in for free.

No...we have actually become a country of an increasingly large segment of those who have amassed a tremendous amount of disposable income...(through largely unconventional means the past 15/20 years)..thank technology..social media..and the internet..and last but not least..the savvy of said individuals to identify the opportunities that have made them wealthy...

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Wealth is for health. Have to look forward and sea the people are purchasing this property. Very close nit of ticks.

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392

It's a Singer. Singer restomods older Porsches and they're hella expensive. The waiting list to get one custom built is also years long. So I guess this ugly ass color was acceptable to someone, and it was a good way to skip the line? We are a society of instant gratification these days after all. Remember when we used to wait 6-8 weeks for a mail order item, and now we can get things the next day (some instances, same day)? Waiting is for suckers.

https://singervehicledesign.com/
https://www.motorauthority.com/news/singer

Last edited:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
It's a Singer. Singer restomods older Porsches and they're hella expensive. The waiting list to get one custom built is also years long. So I guess this ugly ass color was acceptable to someone, and it was a good way to skip the line? We are a society of instant gratification these days after all. Remember when we used to wait 6-8 weeks for a mail order item, and now we can get things the next day (some instances, same day)? Waiting is for suckers.

6/8 wks for mail order items.:unsure::unsure::unsure:...ahhh our boy Hunter knows that all too well...He's been waitin for that Mail order bride from Malaysia for over 6/8 years now...

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
6/8 wks for mail order items.:unsure::unsure::unsure:...ahhh our boy Hunter knows that all too well...He's been waitin for that Mail order bride from Malaysia for over 6/8 years now...
I'm starting to feel like the old man yelling 'back in my day...' constantly. I'm not even 50 yet... WTF :oops:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I'm starting to feel like the old man yelling 'back in my day...' constantly. I'm not even 50 yet... WTF :oops:
50 ?????...WTF..I got sneakers in my closet older than you...I was 50 once...(seems like last week)...think ye car's fast..wait till ya see how fast ya get to my age;););)

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Count back ass wards fer a change and don' t worry about tat. 50, hell, I didn't think I wood be alive past 50. The way I drove today,,,, HAAA. I shouldn't but being the best driver on the road. It was a blast. Another great time in the HC.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Yes, ugly it is...

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Back in everyone’s day was three years ago.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Back in everyone’s day was three years ago.
Uhhh back in "MY" day...I had hair...a lot of it...and that was way before HC's

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
3 years ago?? If that was the image,,, I wood be operating a Mach 1 and or a GTO. Not a bad conversion. Gals loved em,, smost en poten I did mostely.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #13
My wife
Just told me the other night that I was sounding like the crotchety, grumpy old man. And I AM over 50. Lol

To be honest I've commented on it myself

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #14

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/singer
I dont care if it's a Versace/ fifty cent original and the interior is from a date with liberace and Richard gere, there is no value there. The illusion has become real. We value the bullshit over the actual since we do not build the things we sell and use echo chambers to tell ourselves what is valuable, real, and important since we have no common sense or common grounding in reality. If that was given to me on condition that I not sell it I would take it and burn it to ashes.

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
I dont care if it's a Versace/ fifty cent original and the interior is from a date with liberace and Richard gere, there is no value there. The illusion has become real. We value the bullshit over the actual since we do not build the things we sell and use echo chambers to tell ourselves what is valuable, real, and important since we have no common sense or common grounding in reality. If that was given to me on condition that I not sell it I would take it and burn it to ashes.
I'm just saying if you wanted Singer to build you a Porsche it would be expensive. No different than getting an overpriced hot rod built by a big name like Chip Foose or something. Having said that, I just looked at the whole description instead of just the first couple pics. Original Singer build cost a little over $600k. Sold for $1.1M?! Fuck that. Hell of a price to pay (for an ugly color) to not have to wait in line.

I wouldn't burn it, but I'd definitely repaint it.

Last edited:

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Yepper,, I agree. But in the mean time you loose, they say, 10% right off the bitches head for the repaint. For a purchase of that amount. $$$$ damn pricy.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
On this one...I would tend to agree with you...;)

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States