Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What car did you dislike the most?

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Thought we would change this up a little.

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
As far as a daily driver, it was a 1984 Ford LTD. More recently, it was a 2015 Ram 2500HD/6.4. Only kept it a few months. It was a slug.

Last edited:

T_Trahan44

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2012 Challenger SXT
I had a 2007 BMW M3. Sold it two weeks after I bought it because it got me into a lot of trouble. Was apparently an old drug dealer car well known in town. Cops kept getting me every day.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
My wife's econobox, entry level trim-package, 4-cyl Mustang, mid 1980's MY.

The straw that broke that camel's back was we had a can of fix-a-flat in the back that got hot in the summer sun and blew up. It took out the passenger's side windows and pasted a layer of Fix-a-flat all over the entire interior.

That car was constantly broken for one stupid thing or another.

Hated that car, hate it still and it's been gone for almost 30years.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Thought I had bad luck,,, tag your it. I have a 2007 Nissian as a daily driver. 32 MPG.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Thread Starter #6
I wrote them down and I've had 23 or so cars and trucks over the years. I've had pretty good luck for the most part. Probably the worst was a 1981 plain jane Firebird. The damn thing had the oil pan sensor fall out on the ground (yes, the one that trips the idiot "low oil" light) and drained the entire pan onto the ground. At a bowling alley on a weekend night.

One of the best cars I ever had (a 1981 280ZX Turbo) was one of the worst to begin with - I bought it used from a dealer and there was some problem I can't remember now (I think injectors or computer, can't remember) and they did not want to fix it under warranty. It sat at the dealership for months while there was a huge back and forth between me, them, and Nissan/Datsun. In the end, they did fix it and after that its was freaking bullet proof.

The blown can of fix a flat is the best story I've heard in a really long time. I can't touch that. Except that same model year Mustang (also the econo box version) that a friend of mine in Army intelligence had was a merciless POS if ever there was one. He would leave the keys in it and the window down everywhere he went, hoping it would get stolen but not even the thieves would take that thing. lol

Detroit Muscle

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Apple Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
I would have to say my 1986 Toyota MR2, it was all show and no go. Constantly overheating.

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
1988 Porsche 911 Turbo😁

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
The blown can of fix a flat is the best story I've heard in a really long time.

We were living paycheck to paycheck then, so we kept it for quite a while after that happened. That shit outgassed forever and a day. Driving when it was cold outside was bad, you had to crack the windows so you wouldn't pass out, but even with some air coming in from outside, it would still make you sick.

It took quite a while for it to get to a point where you could touch anything inside the car without becoming stuck to it.

When we traded it in for a 1995 Explorer, they gave us $100 for it... :poop:

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
It's a tie between my 1st car (a family hand-me-down) '64 Ford Fairlane - what a turd - 200ci straight 6 & 2 speed auto, car topped out @ 60 mph :rolleyes::poop:

2nd loser was my '77 Pontiac Formula Sunbird (my 1st new car) - slow as hell & was rusting right out of the factory, was @ the dealer more than in my parking slot - dumped in '80 for a '79 T-bird with the 351W which became one of my all time favorite cars.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
We were living paycheck to paycheck then, so we kept it for quite a while after that happened. That shit outgassed forever and a day. Driving when it was cold outside was bad, you had to crack the windows so you wouldn't pass out, but even with some air coming in from outside, it would still make you sick.

It took quite a while for it to get to a point where you could touch anything inside the car without becoming stuck to it.

When we traded it in for a 1995 Explorer, they gave us $100 for it... :poop:
That is too funny. My wife had a Dodge Avenger. It actually wasn't a bad car until the head gasket blew. Common on the 420A model 4 cylinder. When we drove it to the dealer for trade in, my wife followed me in another car 'cause we didn't even think it would make it.(It almost didn't) It was pinging and smoking so bad my wife couldn't breath following behind. Car looked like it was on fire. We parked it at the curb outside dealership, dieseling, smoking, and puffing like chitty chitty bang bang. Literally took it last breath. We went in and neither the salesmen nor a mechanic ever even looked at it. They gave us full trade in value (!?) and we bought a brand new base model jeep for super cheap that ran great and had almost zero problems for years. But man we looked like Jim Carey and Tia Leoni in ' Fun with Dick and Jane' when they were at their lowest point after loosing all their money, while we were going down the road and pulling up to that dealership in that thing.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
My fastest car waz a 19 86 Supra Twin turbos, Black with wale tail,,, as they were called in the day. The 1st ex wife, only one to cross those tees out of 6. Fiancancees,, sayz the Hickster. She traded my twinturbo supra for a red MR2 while I waz fishing in the Keysz. Grouper digging and mahi fishing. Divorce pro sea dures started then and there. Car waz gone and sold Sunday till Monday. Gone like the swipe of the pen for the H/C with #6. Cone out the door. Car gets into your blood and whoop ster,,, you are hooked.

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8
Back in the '60's when living off a paycheck was not enough; I bought a '55 Chevy for the wife with no brakes from a private party. Told her to get in and stay on my bumper and I would do the braking for both of us. We finally got home and she was a nervous wreck. She gave me a 3 word explative to perform an impossible deed and threatened to devorce me if she saw the car again. I fixed the brakes and sold the car pronto.
We are still married.:)

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Good fer youz and they say Chilvery is dead,, not dead,, just dead between the ears sum times and don't listen when spoken too. Hear no evil and I did not say that. Is why I am single and will purchase a hooker to stay that way. Easier saiz than dun. She sayz 2 minutes and yepper,, once a month pre mature ejack u lation. What the thera pisses sayz. Don't waste that $20 blue pill,, pre mature ejack u lation will save you lots of $$$. just get married, I did once and divorced. Took longer to get divorced than I waz married. Due the math and it will scare ya. Like your ex tended warranty.

GdBye

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Midland
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat
A 1974 AMC Gremlin. Paid $2,487 for it brand new. It was no bargain though. Carburetor would vapor lock on warm days and leave you stranded. Thought I hit the motherload when an 80 year old half blind man rear ended it as I was making a left hand turn off of a highway. Police car sitting on the corner witnessed the whole thing and issued the driver a ticket. It smashed the rear end of the car in pretty badly (even worse than the cars original 'smashed in" design) and blew out the rear window. Thought they would total the car...but no....they repaired it and returned it to me. Gave me a whiplash too but back in that time, you didn't just go after people legally for stuff like that. At least I didn't (but should have in retrospect). At 40,000 miles, I couldn't take it anymore and traded it in, taking a beating of course. I think back to when I gave my dad a ride in it for the first time and he asked me if he could eat an apple in it and I said no. WTH was I thinking? Afraid that it might damage the vinyl seat?
Second close followup would be the 1980 Volkswagen Rabbit which didn't like to start in cold weather and would blow fuel pump fuses whenever it thought you were most vulnerable.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Hoy, hoy the fish bowl back wind shiendle. Oh no, it has been reser rected. A bowl from the past and a biker friend, Rosey from Dee Funked Rosey's Clam Shack. What else wood a Quin Hickey work fer but a best friend like in Quin Hickey, on Face Book, hideous of the beauty Queen I married back in the early 80's. I have lost 60 years off my life,, she gained 60 years to her life. She found her stay at home life style as a horse trainer in Michigan. I met her on a horse and will leave her on a horse. Told my brother at the fine age of 14, I waz, she waz 17 at the time. Told my brother I waz going to marry that gal 1 day. HE said boy, she is way out of yo,, shewas the queen of the horse barn. Brothah said,, youz going to work your ass off to do this. 7 years later I pulled the unmentionable happened. My brothah waz the Best Man at my wedding. kinda rubbing his noze into it. As I am enjoying a nice strawberry milk shake with a straberry shine chaser. Moe shine to cum tomorrow. Bucs lost big and the Rays won big. Smoke screen fromthe Bucs I hope. Super bowl defenders my ass. Rays and hockey are holding the ball and puck to a differen'tt di men sion.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
2012 Chev Tahoe. Built to require frequent repair and parts replacements. But I did not select it for me to drive. I know why I have purchased Jeep’s since the late 1990’s for myself and my family.

MurderCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Whipple Hellcat (Sold) 22 GMC 2500HD Denali
2012 Lancer GTS...the CVT transmission was incredibly terrible. Econobox plastic piece of :poop:
546b5c3348606_-_2008-mitsubishi-lancer-gts-lg.jpg

landoawd

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hillsborough
State
NC
Country
United States