Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Viewing a private collection

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I would have lost my damn mind if I saw that collection in person. A 71 hemicuda convertible all numbers matching? That's about as good as it could get for me. Thanks for sharing.....

There's something like single digits numbers of those if I'm not mistaken :unsure:

OP
Paladin06

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #22
I would have lost my damn mind if I saw that collection in person. A 71 hemicuda convertible all numbers matching? That's about as good as it could get for me. Thanks for sharing.....
I did loose my mind for sure. Really took my mind off all the other bullshit going on.

OP
Paladin06

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #23
Jeez you said the Charger was the most Beautiful Mopar you never said 2 door or 4 door😁
Oh 2 door for sure. IMVHO 😉

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8
I would roll out my bed and make that my new bedroom. What a way to wake up every morning to those beuties.

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
I had a '69 Charger 440 R/T back in '69. I worked next door to a Ford dealer. The Ford general manager drove a Boss 429 and we would manage to run in to each other a couple of times a week on the way to work. I cleaned his clock every time.

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
This may be the wrong place to post this story, but let the Mods handle it.
Back in 1964,and I was 17 I worked for a car lot named stick city. They only sold hot rods and muscle cars. I was a lot boy.
I could drive and shift like a mofo and turned out to be their best salesman because I had to drive the customers for road teasts. I scared them pretty good and they bought the car.
One day a car carrier showed up with a '64 Dodge 426 Stage 111 Wedge, aluminum front end, delete everything. Started the car and it shook the ground ( 13.1 comp ) auto trans. Boss says wash it and put it on the second line so no one leans on the al fenders. I washed the car, sat in the front seat and it had 33 miles. Looked in the glove and found a stack of 1/4 slips that went from 10.8/11.1. I added them up and it equaled to 33 miles. I says to my self ( no way ). After a carefull wash I decided to blow the water off this so called monster. It had the factory street tires and dog dish hub caps. I hit the street and jumped on it. This 17 year old asshole was so over his head in this car. It lit the tire and accelerated like a Hellcat while moving forward. I could not steer it because of the light weight on the front end. I made a u turn and brought it back. I said to myself ( in a squeeky voice ) I'm done.
I have not told this story to many people, but will never forget it. I want that car.
Hope you guys enjoyed it.

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
Back in 1964,and I was 17 I worked for a car lot named stick city. They only sold hot rods and muscle cars. I was a lot boy.
I could drive and shift like a mofo and turned out to be their best salesman because I had to drive the customers for road teasts. I scared them pretty good and they bought the car.
One day a car carrier showed up with a '64 Dodge 426 Stage 111 Wedge, aluminum front end, delete everything. Started the car and it shook the ground ( 13.1 comp ) auto trans. Boss says wash it and put it on the second line so no one leans on the al fenders. I washed the car, sat in the front seat and it had 33 miles. Looked in the glove and found a stack of 1/4 slips that went from 10.8/11.1. I added them up and it equaled to 33 miles. I says to my self ( no way ). After a carefull wash I decided to blow the water off this so called monster. It had the factory street tires and dog dish hub caps. I hit the street and jumped on it. This 17 year old asshole was so over his head in this car. It lit the tire and accelerated like a Hellcat while moving forward. I could not steer it because of the light weight on the front end. I made a u turn and brought it back. I said to myself ( in a squeeky voice ) I'm done.
I have not told this story to many people, but will never forget it. I want that car.
Great story.

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
Why I change my own oil LOL

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
To think anyone could walk into Ma Mopar and order any of those. Wish I could get my time machine up and running again, It’s broken and parts are obsolete, Damn

B5Cat16

Member ID
Reactions
City
S
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I can read stories like that all day long. I wasn't born til 69 so I missed the greatest of times. Mike L. if you have more stories from the 60's I'm ALL EARS!!!! Come on, you have to have more......

And as for Demoniccat's time machine, if you can get that bad boy running I'll pay you large for a first class seat back to the 1960's. Thank you.

B5Cat16

Member ID
Reactions
City
S
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
There's something like single digits numbers of those if I'm not mistaken :unsure:
They made 11. Only 3 were built with 3 pedals under the dash.

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
I can read stories like that all day long. I wasn't born til 69 so I missed the greatest of times. Mike L. if you have more stories from the 60's I'm ALL EARS!!!! Come on, you have to have more......

And as for Demoniccat's time machine, if you can get that bad boy running I'll pay you large for a first class seat back to the 1960's. Thank you.
I met some of the best known drag racers before they got famous while being a teenager in West LosAngeles. We all hung out at a hamburger stand called Scotts Drive In. I was a know nothing kid just learning about hot rods. These guys were very smart. I was not part of the click and could not hold a technical conversation with them. I just sat back in the shadows and listened and learned. The cars they built were amazing. We all spent a lot of time at Lyons Drag Strip in Long Beach Ca. Good times. Ya, I got a lot of stories and memories.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
When I lived in Odessa there was a smaller golf course community just 2 miles down the road, all owned by a guy named Bill Jacobson.
He had (on-site) a set of quonset hut buildings where he was fully restoring old Mopars (mostly) - we're talking stripped down, rotisserie level, show car resto's.

In front was a large building he called his museum where he stored & showed the cars in his personal collection. I spent a lot of time in that place drooling over his collection especially the Daytonas & Superbirds + the perfect triple black, convertible, 426 Cuda o_O
He also had a few '57 Chevy's and some weird one-off stuff like a 230 SL Mercedes with a 427 CJ jammed under the hood :eek:

One day this black Superbird showed up in there that was totally out of character - she was beat to death, looked like it had been rolled and hammered back into driveable condition by Joe Dirt. Guy at the desk said it was the only car they had for sale. Bill had bought it sight unseen and when it got there they determined it was just too far gone to bother restoring. It was sad to see one in such bad condition, knowing it's future would be to get stripped for parts or end up totally trashed out & scrapped :( Probably strange, but I felt bad for that poor 'Bird and still think about it.

Not long after that, he sold everything (including the golf course). The black 'Bird popped up for sale at a Muscle Car dealer in Clearwater & eventually sold.
All the pristine cars ended up at various muscle car dealers throughout FL, all with huge price tags I couldn't dream of touching.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Corona
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2006 Charger SRT8
Wow.... nice collection