Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Uconnect 18.43.01 OTA Update

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
Been thinking about doing the reset or just yanking the fuse, but dread having to go thru & note all my settings so I can do them over :mad:
Basically Uconnect is :poop:
Snap a pic of each screen, with your phone :)

Should make things much faster...

Bob
Riverside, California

NYCSRTATE

Member ID
Reactions
City
NYC
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Charger Hellcat
Well... I reloaded 18.45.01.

The only problem I'm left with is when i double tap the SRT button, to set my custom menu, I get an error message that says the system can't set the horsepower.

By default, red key is 700+ hp, but the system no longer recognizes this and it must be toggled, in the CUSTOM menu settings.

I've nailed this issue down to it intermittently dropping the 700+ hp setting. This is when I get the error.

I enter the CUSTOM menu setup and tap the 700+ hp soft button and when I return to the drive modes screen, the error is gone.

Wait for some random amount of time and I'll get the error message, when I double tap the SRT button. It happened 3x, today. Seems to be getting more frequent.

Whatever. Supposedly, this update only messed with the gps. Not... This was NEVER an issue, before the update.

Oh well... it is what it is.

Bob
Riverside, California
After you re loaded 18.45 have you ever pulled the radio fuse?

Something didn't take on the update and that blows.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Snap a pic of each screen, with your phone :)

Should make things much faster...

Bob
Riverside, California
Good idea - IF I had a smartphone :whistle: I never upgraded from my old flip :eek: since there is no reception where I live.

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
After you re loaded 18.45 have you ever pulled the radio fuse?

Something didn't take on the update and that blows.
Not the fuse, but a radio reset.

Same issue :(

I'll have to pull the radio fuse, this weekend.

Bob
Riverside, California

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Good idea - IF I had a smartphone :whistle: I never upgraded from my old flip :eek: since there is no reception where I live.
This isn't necessarily a bad thing...

Bob
Riverside, California

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Thanks El Bob Ola. I have an warranty oil change in a month, so I will let one of the high price spread wrenches pull a plug. From last 6 months till this 6 month oil change. Car has managed to drive itself 270 miles. Average if you are dead. Called the service dept to confirm and the lady started laughing. At me or the car. Have 1.5 years then have to change dealers for warranty work. Extended warranty goes back to the purchasing dealership. 20 miles away. One now 1.5 all of miles away. I can beat the courtesy wagon home by walking stopping in for a totty at Pink Kitty Poodle.Ettes.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
It's not illegal to use a camera to take photos with, yet.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Today the almighty Uconnect monster reared its ugly head when I drove my Ram 1500 some 100 feet, from the carport to the garage.
It wanted to schedule a time when I wouldn't be driving for a while. Okay, since the screen wouldn't disappear and I'd be busy installing better fog lights, I let the procedure start.

Later in the day, when ready to put it back in the carport, the screen said that the update was complete, and that the presets, paired phones, etc. would be gone. Crap!

Well, as far as I know, everything still works, thank God. I think that radio has nav, but I've never used or paid for it, so maybe that's why I got away with it...this time?

NYCSRTATE

Member ID
Reactions
City
NYC
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Charger Hellcat
I have a screen on my '16 Cat that looks just like what Bob posted, but on my '18 Durango there is no software version # :mad:

Also, if you plan to update your system from a USB device (memory stick) make sure you format it before downloading the update or trying to apply it.
If there is any sort of stray file (even a hidden one) it can cause issues with the UConnect update software !!!
Hold drivers side temp up/down buttons and front defroster button for 5-7 seconds it will bring you to a dealer menu, you can see your version numbers there.

Last edited:

Lize

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bury St Edmunds
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye
Is this doing an automatic update? (No warning or acceptance screen)
IMG_2499.jpeg

It was OK when I set off and about 10 minutes later I noticed the rear camera didn't come on. Far right button was Perf and has been replaced with the U, so I pressed it and got the please wait screen.

Buttons change to the relevant screens but no functions work. At least heating is set to 77, hard buttons don't seen to work as fan control had no effect but I can always open sunroof if gets too hot. Sat on drive for about 10 minutes, tried switching off and on again and then gave up and went indoors.

Shall I just go for a long drive to see if it finishes whatever its doing, I hope it doesn't delete my UK map.