Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

The Electric Revolution is truly here and what does it do to the ICE AGE?

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Most of his net worth is tied to Tesla's stock though which could drop off and quickly bump him back down the list. Still though I doubt he'll be looking into assistance and food stamps any time soon ;)

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #82
So here’s a crazy shit idea😁 someone figures out a combustion energy source that replaces the Carbon Foot print effect but keeps the Ice Engine in service😳

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
So here’s a crazy shit idea😁 someone figures out a combustion energy source that replaces the Carbon Foot print effect but keeps the Ice Engine in service😳
Does Corn = Ethanol count ???

Hayabusa

HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lunatic Fringe
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 WB Redeye, Sublime
My forum brothers and sisters...don't you remember your first time...you drove muscle, you drove your screaming at the top of its lungs Hellcat, seeing the vid below or the Interceptor scenes in Mad Max movies and how it made your blood pump?

I can't walk away from that. Perhaps electric has a place but the sound, the vibration, the rawness with American Muscle...it is visceral and touches me to my soul.

Grape Ape

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Braselton
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
My forum brothers and sisters...don't you remember your first time...you drove muscle, you drove your screaming at the top of its lungs Hellcat, seeing the vid below or the Interceptor scenes in Mad Max movies and how it made your blood pump?

I can't walk away from that. Perhaps electric has a place but the sound, the vibration, the rawness with American Muscle...it is visceral and touches me to my soul.

Damn well said!

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
EV
Working on this beauty right now
Rivian based out of Detroit MI

Ain t she sweet :rolleyes:

View attachment 35156
Looks like a sheephead. If you’ve been out on Lake Erie fishing......you know😂

Member ID
Reactions
City
Imlay City
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Scat Pack
Hi all,

Hate to say it were all in the age of dinosaurs, I still have a few mid 60's cars, none as fast or comfortable as my Challenger Scat Pack, but the memories the old cars help me remember is worth the 8-10mpg and body sway, and ill-handling.

That said, I will be the same way with my Challenger as won't suprise me when they make classic cars illegal to drive, sooner than I'd like and considering the next administration is green, hopefully not real soon.

I work in a battery pack mfg and get different news letters, one claims to have developed a pack that will last 1000 miles between charges for a delivery vehicle (big rig) so if they do that, I can see them doing away with internal combustion engines. Although still waiting on environmentalists to realize the dangers lithium ions are to the environment, but that's another debate...

I will be driving my Scat Pack until the asteroid strikes for its extinction event or legislation, kicking and screaming all the way.

And as one bumper sticker said:
"On the eighth day God created the HEMI..."

Regards,
Jim

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Hi all,

Hate to say it were all in the age of dinosaurs, I still have a few mid 60's cars, none as fast or comfortable as my Challenger Scat Pack, but the memories the old cars help me remember is worth the 8-10mpg and body sway, and ill-handling.

That said, I will be the same way with my Challenger as won't suprise me when they make classic cars illegal to drive, sooner than I'd like and considering the next administration is green, hopefully not real soon.

I work in a battery pack mfg and get different news letters, one claims to have developed a pack that will last 1000 miles between charges for a delivery vehicle (big rig) so if they do that, I can see them doing away with internal combustion engines. Although still waiting on environmentalists to realize the dangers lithium ions are to the environment, but that's another debate...

I will be driving my Scat Pack until the asteroid strikes for its extinction event or legislation, kicking and screaming all the way.

And as one bumper sticker said:
"On the eighth day God created the HEMI..."

Regards,
Jim
Nah, I think that's isn't very realistic. Too many ICE cars out there to even consider "banning" anything. What IS realistic is not being able to buy NEW ICE vehicles in the not too distant future (10-15 yrs). So buy 'em while ya can! And of course, you will have a HUGE choice for many decades to come with existing used muscle, old and new.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #89
The irony to all the Politicians is the Oil guys at some point will start stuffing their pockets with GREEN Agenda poof the Ice Age continues another day😁

Member ID
Reactions
City
Imlay City
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
Nah, I think that's isn't very realistic. Too many ICE cars out there to even consider "banning" anything. What IS realistic is not being able to buy NEW ICE vehicles in the not too distant future (10-15 yrs). So buy 'em while ya can! And of course, you will have a HUGE choice for many decades to come with existing used muscle, old and new.
Hopefully you are correct, but remember the same idiots who wrote the "new green deal" are the people aligned with the upcoming administration, just saying...

And yes the Oil people will be figuring out a way to spin the next tech to kill the planet, and laughing all the way to the bank.

Wasn't the planet to experience another ice age back in the 70's, now it's global warming, personally just waiting for the sun to explode, now that will be some global warming, and won't care if you drive a electric or IC vehicle.

Regards,
Jim

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #91
HSBC to face shareholder heat on fossil fuels in AGM vote
LONDON (Reuters) - Major HSBC shareholders are calling on Europe’s biggest bank to toughen its commitment to cut lending linked to fossil fuels and to turn its climate “ambitions” into targets.
That pledge was criticised by campaigners for not directly addressing HSBC’s lending to fossil fuel firms, including a relatively large share of clients involved in the coal sector.

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
This is exactly how it will be ^^^^. None of us here on the forum will live to see an outright fossil ban but a few states have already banned the sale of fossil fueled new cars beginning in 2035. CA and MA are examples of states who have already signed up. There's no way a ban will happen on existing cars, just too many out there to just tell people to turn them in and take a loss. I do think however that they'll just slowly jack the price of gasoline to the point where it makes more financial sense to go electric for the majority of folks. It will take many moons to phase out fossil fueled vehicles but it will happen.

NYCSRTATE

Member ID
Reactions
City
NYC
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Charger Hellcat
While I'm old school and love the sound of a gasoline engine, I rode in a Tesla yesterday and when he hit the "gas" I have to be honest, I was like holy shit, this thing just took off the acceleration was nothing I have felt since the first time I drove a car and wot it. It's just weird no engine growl.

Now they have one with 3 motors claiming 2 seconds 0-60 and a 9 second quarter mile.

Impressive I must say.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #94
While I'm old school and love the sound of a gasoline engine, I rode in a Tesla yesterday and when he hit the "gas" I have to be honest, I was like holy shit, this thing just took off the acceleration was nothing I have felt since the first time I drove a car and wot it. It's just weird no engine growl.

Now they have one with 3 motors claiming 2 seconds 0-60 and a 9 second quarter mile.

Impressive I must say.
I think we are experiencing the WHORE to the Wife experiences LOL. I drove a Tesla a few yers back and I know the instant satisfaction as you described. But when I got back in my Hellcat I was like yeh man she’s so dam sweet. Listening to her purr down the road then nail her she comes to life oh so sweet. Yeh think its like the Whore Girl instant......😳 and back home hey honey uh huh nice and she’s so sweet😁. IMO ICE AGE wins all day with that good old rumble to your ears and bark like nothing you’ve heard before just like the old lady😛

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
I have to laugh when these states start talking about banning new sales of ICE cars and thinking in the near future there’ll be a significant amount of EC’s. Cali can’t keep the lights on as it is and unless all these states want to ante up $$ for infrastructure upgrades no way are they going to be able to support all this extra electricity use. And where’s all this extra electricity going to come from? Wind? Solar? Yea right

Member ID
Reactions
City
Imlay City
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hi,

You're comparison reminds me of when Diesel trucks were the big thing, and everyone with a classic 4x4 swapped their BBC/BBF/B/RB motor for a Cummins, yes alot of power, great for towing and better MPG's, but no matter to any of that, no way will a Diesel or electric vehicle ever sound as cool as a ICE.

Regards,
Jim