Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

The Demon Springs are well worth the price.

TEXAS REDEYE

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
PASADENA
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 HELLCAT RED EYE
https://highhorseperformance.com/hh...gs-2015-2019-6-2l-charger-challenger-hhphcrs/

I posted in the 'what have you done to your Hellcat today' thread about these Demon Springs and a couple of you wanted to know if they were worth the $325. HHP and Carlisle performance both have these in stock, however I wanted the ones from HHP due to the fact they were painted black versus orange.

My mods are real simple, 2.85 upper, tune, 180 stat, Mickey R's 305/45/17. Work done by Peitz performance in Houston. Red Eye. No weight reduction, no skinnies, just drove to the track, lowered the tire pressure to 18 on the Mickey's then lined up to race.

My only passes were made during the Lone Star Moparfest, and there was a hiccup in the tune, so my PB that day was 10.42 @ 133, with a 60 foot time of 1.575. The DA when I made that pass was around +2,000. Needless to say I wasn't a happy camper. The hiccup with the tune made the car feel like it was starving for fuel on the upper end, but that was corrected before the end of the day. Anybody that was racing that day can vouch for how hot and miserable it was.

I was intrigued by the Demon Springs and ordered them, then a buddy installed them for me, however until today, I never really 'got on' the car from a standstill, so until I made my first pass, I had no idea what the difference would be between the stock springs and Demon Springs.

When I made my first pass today, I knew by both the butt dyno and a timeslip that this was money well spent. The DA was -325 (great for Texas) and this was a track rental, so the guys did a jam up job with the prep.

My PB until today was a 10.42. To simplify, I now own a 9 second car........well 9.991 is still in the 9's. The slip showed 9.991 @ 136 with a 60 foot time of 1.453.

I turned right around and ran a 10.026 @ 136 with a 60 foot time of 1.454.

Original PB taken at LSMF.

first pass with mods red eye.jpg
Passes I made today.

9 SECOND SLIP.jpg

Last edited:

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Great job! And I agree . I don't care if it's 9.999999 it's still a 9 second time slip!
I agree the demon springs do work ! I have them in my car and they really help at the track and as a side bonus the car is smoother on the street!

Yes I am very proud of this pic lol

Last edited:

YMMV

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Morris Co
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
18 Charger HC
Glad to hear! Been contemplating them for my Charger.

Just curious to see how they ride switching through the Street, Sport, & Track settings.

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
I had the Carlye springs, but I sold them. Didn't like how they made the front end sit up higher than the rear end in pics that people posted after installation. The real Demon springs seem to lift the car up all the way around evenly. So how do these HHP springs sit? Any idea how similar or different than the OEM Demon springs?

RGPIII

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bridgeville
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thinking about upgrading to these over the winter. Went 9.93 @145mph on the stock springs. Hoping to get into the 9.5 range.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
You are calling these “Demon” springs. The springs sold by Carlyle are “Demon Killer” springs and are not the same as the OEM Demons. I do not know what differences there is compared to what HHP is selling. The actual OEM Demons have been very difficult to get due to the restrictions. My observation is that the Carlyle springs lift the car in the front and may actually lower it some in the rear. The OEM Demons raise the rear. Due to the tall tire I’m running, I didn’t want to do either so I went with the OEM 1320 springs and they retain the stock front/rear stance. They are a noticeably softer ride and transfer weight much better than the stock HC.

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Last edited:

FFBOS

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mount Prospect
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
I had the Demon Killers, launch photo is profile picture. They did fine. I just put the OEM demon springs in. Car sits much higher all around. The demon killer springs 100% sit higher in the front and lower that stock in the rear on a Charger.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Sheboygan
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat
You are calling these “Demon” springs. The springs sold by Carlyle are “Demon Killer” springs and are not the same as the OEM Demons. I do not know what differences there is compared to what HHP is selling. The actual OEM Demons have been very difficult to get due to the restrictions. My observation is that the Carlyle springs lift the car in the front and may actually lower it some in the rear. The OEM Demons raise the rear. Due to the tall tire I’m running, I didn’t want to do either so I went with the OEM 1320 springs and they retain the stock front/rear stance. They are a noticeably softer ride and transfer weight much better than the stock HC.
Where did you get the 1320 oem springs?
Do you have a mopar part number?
And how much did you pay?
Thanks Scott

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Where did you get the 1320 oem springs?
Do you have a mopar part number?
And how much did you pay?
Thanks Scott
Steve White Parts on line. I don’t have a part number but you can purchase the springs and light weight sway bars as a set for the 1320 Scat Pac. They are designated as drag springs. It was around $500 with the bars and everything.

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
I have the HHP Drag Race Springs installed ( demon like springs)
I really like how they help the weight Transfer
Best 60 ft was a 1.37
I do not have any other suspension parts installed.

https://highhorseperformance.com/hh...gs-2015-2019-6-2l-charger-challenger-hhphcrs/

Linda :)
How does your car sit compared to how it did on stock springs? Seems like Chargers can sit different than Challengers as well.

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
I had the Demon Killers, launch photo is profile picture. They did fine. I just put the OEM demon springs in. Car sits much higher all around. The demon killer springs 100% sit higher in the front and lower that stock in the rear on a Charger.
Have you launched with the OEM Demon springs yet? I'm leaning towards OEM or maybe what HHP has. Would be nice if vendors listed spring rates and ride height differences over stock. Both Demon killer springs and HHP springs say they are "Designed" off OEM, but that description seems rather vague.

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
Steve White Parts on line. I don’t have a part number but you can purchase the springs and light weight sway bars as a set for the 1320 Scat Pac. They are designated as drag springs. It was around $500 with the bars and everything.
So you are saying the stance from stock springs to the 1320 springs seems the same? I'm surprised given the fact that the 1320s have less weight in front (no s/c). Good info, I'll have to keep an eye on these. Any chance you have some before and after pics? This might be the way I choose to go as well! Any info on weight difference from 1320 to Hellcat sway bars?

Last edited:

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
So you are saying the stance from stock springs to the 1320 springs seems the same? I'm surprised given the fact that the 1320s have less weight in front (no s/c). Good info, I'll have to keep an eye on these.
It has the 1320 springs in this picture. It sits with a little bit of a nose down rake now but the rear tires are 30.5 tall so that accounts for that. 033DF2AC-A323-4401-B68D-CEBD76A8D671.jpeg

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
It has the 1320 springs in this picture. It sits with a little bit of a nose down rake now but the rear tires are 30.5 tall so that accounts for that. View attachment 7634
Thanks, I wonder how they would sit on stock tires. I run 305s MT ET Rs they are 28" tall (IIRC), and eventually I may run the 315s, which are 29.5" tall. I'm wondering if a shorter tire in the rear like the 305s, might make the rear sag a little. I don't care if it has some rake to it, but I don't like the front sitting higher than the rear (Demon Killers), or the 4x4 look of the Demon OEMs. Looks really good! I know you are far from stock, but you have any 60ft data? More consistent launches? Better 60fts? Appreciate the info!

Here is a link to these springs if anyone needs it:
https://www.stevewhiteparts.com/?p=catalog&mode=search&search_in=all&search_str=drag spring

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
imagejpeg_0(8).jpg

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
That is the day they were installed

Linda

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Here’s a screen shot of the car on the dyno. It’s from a video (I can’t post those here). It’s with a stock 20” wheel and tire on the rear. The fronts are 28’s also and the car sits level front and rear with the 1320 springs. I do think they lower the car a little all around though (probably due to the increased weight of the Hellcat) because they noticeably changed the camber on the front. I will also add a picture where if you look you can see that the tops of the tire are now tipped in due to this. The only way to “fix” that is by adjusting the cradle and I didn’t do that because I think it will steer better in a straight line under acceleration the way it is. D450663A-346F-4672-9F85-1AE637B8368F.jpeg DD331D87-A1A2-41E7-B8E9-3BBB77C09FDE.jpeg

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
That looks like they sit like the OEM Demon springs do, looks like it raised the car height quite a bit! Do you have a before picture of same wheel/tire setup? I appreciate this. Hopefully it will help people decide what springs to get, now that there are 4 options lol.

Last edited: