Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

The adventures just keep going😳 in the Pursuit of well ……stay tuned😁

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
All this endless chatter about EVs...aka fast golf carts...

I took the Demon out to cars and coffee this morning. We have a 1 mi stretch of road between the place and my house. farm on one side, industrial complex on the other. flat as flat can be (which is definitely not a given here in colorado). on weekend mornings its a graveyard...and as a massive bonus the road was recently repaved...smooth as a baby's.......

u can see where I'm going (or went) with this...

last visit i did a few 1/4 mi "simulations". lots of fun. today i decided to do a rolling start punch to the floor at 40mph (in HO mode of course)....jesus horatio christ is that fun...in fact MAYBE more fun than a 0-100 sprint.

as matt leblanc said a few years ago...that will never get old...

ok...back to the EV droning (drowning?).....:sleep:

Last edited:

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
All this endless chatter about EVs...aka fast golf carts...

I took the Demon out to cars and coffee this morning. We have a 1 mi stretch of road between the place and my house. farm on one side, industrial complex on the other. flat as flat can be (which is definitely not a given here in colorado). on weekend mornings its a graveyard...and as a massive bonus the road was recently repaved...smooth as a baby's.......

u can see where I'm going (or went) with this...

last visit i did a few 1/4 mi "simulations". lots of fun. today i decided to do a rolling start punch to the floor at 40mph (in HO mode of course)....jesus horatio christ is that fun...in fact MAYBE more fun than a 0-100 sprint.

as matt leblanc said a few years ago...that will never get old...

ok...back to the EV droning (drowning?).....:sleep:
Love it, did the same to a certain Redeye the other day, just to make sure @Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC had it ready for such a thing (we have close to your HO mode programmed in). Going to Missouri this week to do multiple roll races on the Ozark International Raceway. Screw lifting at the end of a 1/4 mile when these things are doing so well, I did not want to interrupt it. :unsure:

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Love it, did the same to a certain Redeye the other day, just to make sure @Jon-MooredPerformanceLLC had it ready for such a thing (we have close to your HO mode programmed in). Going to Missouri this week to do multiple roll races on the Ozark International Raceway. Screw lifting at the end of a 1/4 mile when these things are doing so well, I did not want to interrupt it. :unsure:
You running drag radials?

why2kmax

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Indigo Blue Hellcat
Nice bike. Love that your daughter rides with you. I can barely get my son to drive a damn car let alone anything else. congrats

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Did the very same thing on local RT 219 last wk. with my sister (who has never ridden in any of my cars..and never been over 100mph in her life)..lifted @ 143...she was speechless...and nervous to say the least...she made it a point to tell my 94 yr. old mother that her son is certifiably crazy...

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Did the very same thing on local RT 219 last wk. with my sister (who has never ridden in any of my cars..and never been over 100mph in her life)..lifted @ 143...she was speechless...and nervous to say the least...she made it a point to tell my 94 yr. old mother that her son is certifiably crazy...
On the 219 it’s hard to let off at any speed…

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
On the 219 it’s hard to let off at any speed…
Yup...got on Southbound @ Milestrip...was still able to haul it down from 143 and make the exit @ 20a...what a freakin rush...

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
You running drag radials?
On the course? Not a chance, hell I would run Pirelli PZero’s b4 those. So at the track not the strip, right David? I do bring all four OEM wheels with some Pilot Sport fronts and PZero rears for rain. But my primary rubber is giant Cup 2’s on my special built 12” wide Triumph wheels x4.
People get weird and scared north of about a buck twenty.

Got those bikes broken in yet CC? We are great hijackers!

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
On the course? Not a chance, hell I would run Pirelli PZero’s b4 those. So at the track not the strip, right David? I do bring all four OEM wheels with some Pilot Sport fronts and PZero rears for rain. But my primary rubber is giant Cup 2’s on my special built 12” wide Triumph wheels x4.

For roll racing.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I like 60 to 120 runs - which has been known to end up being 60 to 160 runs.
Hell yes, it's fun.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I like 60 to 120 runs - which has been known to end up being 60 to 160 runs.
Hell yes, it's fun.
0 to 30 is all that I can handle.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
The Redeyes and Hellcats can be monsters at 40+ and up, where we don't have to get the damn 4500 lbs going from a dead stop, which is the drag racers secret to make happen. My problem is using it to the max for 15-30 minutes, and the heat and problems produced when the heat builds as you guys know. Let's hope I can concentrate on driving next week with my "fix".[loveboost]

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
As you zig zag between the alligators?
g

Plus Golf carts and little old ladies.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
The Redeyes and Hellcats can be monsters at 40+ and up, where we don't have to get the damn 4500 lbs going from a dead stop, which is the drag racers secret to make happen. My problem is using it to the max for 15-30 minutes, and the heat and problems produced when the heat builds as you guys know. Let's hope I can concentrate on driving next week with my "fix".[loveboost]
You will. She will tell you when she gets hot.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

I get this weird feeling over a 120...It's hard to lift..I wanna accelerate till I see GOD...then brake...