Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Stock Read??

OP
Idoru99

Idoru99

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dumfries
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Redeye WB
Thread Starter #21
OP
Idoru99

Idoru99

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dumfries
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #22
I re-pulled the tune tonight. Something still seems off. Take a look under General, tell me if something seems off. At least I'm seeing engine information in this read - and the size is closer to what I've seen on other posts.

Attachments

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I re-pulled the tune tonight. Something still seems off. Take a look under General, tell me if something seems off. At least I'm seeing engine information in this read - and the size is closer to what I've seen on other posts.
Sorry I'm no help on this.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
What seems weird under general? You have a few additional tables but I'm guessing it is because you are a 2021. Seems fine to me from the quick glance I just did

OP
Idoru99

Idoru99

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dumfries
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #25
What seems weird under general? You have a few additional tables but I'm guessing it is because you are a 2021. Seems fine to me from the quick glance I just did
Red key says 500hp and black key and HO say 797hp. Doesn't affect with the red key in the car, though. Strange.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I should do that too, so there's no issue with having the 2 (mpv2 & burnbox) plugged in at the same time when logging ?
My burnbox is in the trunk

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Red key says 500hp and black key and HO say 797hp. Doesn't affect with the red key in the car, though. Strange.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
My guess hp tuners has it mixed up for those few tables. I'd send support@hptuners.com an email. Below is a standard response from them that if you provide up front it'll save some time. My guess though it is fine just if you ever want to change the screen you may have to modify the wrong box to get it to present how you want.
Or you could ask your tuner. Hopefully he has seen a couple 2021s with the same OS to compare.

1) VCM Suite Infolog while connected to the vehicle as shown here http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showt...hy-is-it-so-Important-when-contacting-support
2) Debug file from your PC. You will find this file in ...Documents/ HP Tuners/ Settings
3) stock read file

OP
Idoru99

Idoru99

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dumfries
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #28
@jonx96 Thanks! I'll send them an email tonight. I don't have a tuner yet, just gathering up my factory tune and browsing around a test tune (so I don't F* up my factory file).

drag racer

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
PEORIA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger HC, '19 Durango SRT, '22 Charger SP
any update?

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
@jonx96 Thanks! I'll send them an email tonight. I don't have a tuner yet, just gathering up my factory tune and browsing around a test tune (so I don't F* up my factory file).
When you have a good read, create a folder on your a pc to store them, right click on the files and mark them as read only that way you cant edit them. Then make a copy and use those as your playground.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
That's why I have a 10ft USB-C Cable. Computer can still in the front seat while hooked up in the trunk. I just really didn't want to rip my dash apart yet in order to install HPTuners bypass cable.
Pass the small plug end from the drivers side thru the center area, pull two pins on the passenger side under the glove box, plug one plug into the board, tie everything up, put the pins back in, done. Nothing to "tear up". Estimated 5-10 minutes, if it is done that way. I had to remove the small plug after I plugged it because the larger OBD end is difficult or impossible to get through the forest of the console area, then did it as I suggest above. Very easy doing it that way!

OP
Idoru99

Idoru99

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dumfries
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #32
Pass the small plug end from the drivers side thru the center area, pull two pins on the passenger side under the glove box, plug one plug into the board, tie everything up, put the pins back in, done. Nothing to "tear up". Estimated 5-10 minutes, if it is done that way. I had to remove the small plug after I plugged it because the larger OBD end is difficult or impossible to get through the forest of the console area, then did it as I suggest above. Very easy doing it that way!
Thanks!

By "ripping up the dash" I just meant taking it apart in order to install the bypass cable behind the radio. Not actually ripping anything to pass a cable. The ZAutomotive felt easier to install to me.

But, I have to get @Diboblo's new device installed back there, so I'll just both at the same time. I know...just move slowly and the dash will come out nicely. Still scares the crap out of me. My dash is leather, so I'm a bit worried about scarring the leather with the pry tools.

OP
Idoru99

Idoru99

Active Duty U.S. Navy
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dumfries
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #33
When you have a good read, create a folder on your a pc to store them, right click on the files and mark them as read only that way you cant edit them. Then make a copy and use those as your playground.
This is a great idea. Thanks!

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
So why did I tear my dash apart again? Stupid me. :-( Did I mention, it stopped working.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
So why did I tear my dash apart again? Stupid me. :-( Did I mention, it stopped working.
I was thinking about you that evening. I hope many can save a bunch of frustration with that little tip.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Woe, what stopped working?

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Woe, what stopped working?
The front OBD port after I installed the bypass. It worked intermittently for several attempts then it died.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Double bypass like heart surgery. Set the plug gap and get the timing light

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
The front OBD port after I installed the bypass. It worked intermittently for several attempts then it died.
Oh damn, that would be bad. Things seem to be fine here.