Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Stinkeye Challenger build....

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Chall SRT Hellcat Redeye
The build has been taking place for about a month now. It’s a long process with what’s being done. The new engine is a Better Built Performance 426 with forged and Billet internals. Thitek heads, Comp Cam, and Whipple Supercharger. Fore fuel system and ARH exhaust. The torque converter is OEM Demon with the stock A8 trans (for now). Rear drive line is all DSS (9” differential conversion). Gear is Strange 3.25 with a spool. Suspension is OEM from a Scatpack 1320 and rear control arms are all adjustable Spohn. Rear brake conversion to 15” From Carlyle with new Billet Specialties WinLite Drag Pack wheels. Here’s a few assorted pics of what’s been going on for the last couple weeks.... View attachment 396 View attachment 397 View attachment 398 View attachment 399 View attachment 400 View attachment 401 View attachment 402 View attachment 403
Are those the new Carlyle spindles you have behind the rear rotors?

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Mine have fiberglass around the preiphery of the torpedo, but are open in the center. Supposedly, they've been tuned during the design stage so that the exhaust gases form standing waves, essentially making that bullet nearly equal to a straight pipe at the right volume/velocity.

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #43
Are those the new Carlyle spindles you have behind the rear rotors?
No. Those are stock. I didn’t see where they had new spindles available. Those would be no grind versions I would imagine.

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #44
Fiberglass?

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk
Yes. I wanted the CF version but they have to be ordered thru Anderson. I called and they said they make those by order and I would be looking at 3 to 4 months by the time it got placed into their production schedule. This thing will be on the track way before then so that wasn’t a option. We just decided that cutting the hood wasn’t going to give us what we want and made the decision to go with one of these. The fiberglass was in stock and I purchased it direct from Kenne Bell. I got it in a week. It will look good once it’s wrapped to match the roof.

Primetime Hellcat 17

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 challenger Hellcat
Yes. I wanted the CF version but they have to be ordered thru Anderson. I called and they said they make those by order and I would be looking at 3 to 4 months by the time it got placed into their production schedule. This thing will be on the track way before then so that wasn’t a option. We just decided that cutting the hood wasn’t going to give us what we want and made the decision to go with one of these. The fiberglass was in stock and I purchased it direct from Kenne Bell. I got it in a week. It will look good once it’s wrapped to match the roof.
Nice hood Marc! Saw it being wrapped today when I picked up my car. So I was going to the restroom at the shop and Tommy had to move your car & when he started it I almost you know number 1 all over my self lol! It scared the $hit out of me. Lol

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #46
Nice hood Marc! Saw it being wrapped today when I picked up my car. So I was going to the restroom at the shop and Tommy had to move your car & when he started it I almost you know number 1 all over my self lol! It scared the $hit out of me. Lol
Haha. Glad you’re finally outta there. Get some miles on it and I’ll see you in a month at NFZ. Looks like the hood came out real nice. Not feeling so bad about not getting the CF now. 1AC4BE24-F509-4391-8849-D2F92BF0BB15.jpeg

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Wow that's a bit of a wait . I'm sure the kenne bell one is pretty awesome . Can't wait to see it on the car .

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Now that is a great job. No lie. You mind if I ask what they charged you? If you do, I completely understand.

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #49
Now that is a great job. No lie. You mind if I ask what they charged you? If you do, I completely understand.
Don’t know. Shop had it done. It’ll be reasonable or they wouldn’t have had them do it. Turned out good with lots of room over the Whipple to get the heat out. F4433945-5D84-42CC-B745-04D352A3293F.jpeg 9E383A5C-52C2-460A-BE4F-61924CDF543D.jpeg

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
That is so stealthy. Sleeper all the way..... lol

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
It’s funny, but I bet covering the blower that doesn’t fit under a stock hood is the most sleeper thing he could do.

firedude

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
YUMA
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Looks very nice. Look forward to seeing it run.(y)

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
It is amazingly quiet at idle. I have a feeling that at WOT it will be a different story but that’s going to wait a little while until we get on the dyno. Other than tuning the only stuff left to do is get the rear tires mounted and on the car to check fit and get the new hood on. That came in and is being wrapped today. View attachment 1652
Nice. $900 is a pretty fair price in this day and age.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Very nice . Do you need to add hood pins with this hood?

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #55
Very nice . Do you need to add hood pins with this hood?

Yes. It uses the stock hardware, but pins are required for high speed as a safety backup. Kenne Bell included a set of some kind of rocker latch things to be used in place of pins. We don’t like them so will be using the Mopar pin set. One of the functional reasons I decided to go with this hood is it’s one more thing to help with the heat that the Whipple makes. That has been a problem and I am basically throwing the kitchen shrink at that to keep IAT’s down where we can boost and tune the thing without the challenges those high temps present. We are using the FI intake spacers and blanket and also their interchiller coupled with a EMP Ice box in the trunk. This hood allows for good spacing and airflow around and over the blower. Air goes in the front and out the back. Lots of heat extraction capability there. KB claims it eliminates what they call the umbrella effect and that results in a significant reduction in drag.

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #56
Modded Hellcats all over the place these days 😂. The little shop in Arizona is getting full. BFBCB935-8C07-4199-B445-3E19075894AD.jpeg

Member ID
Reactions
City
Gilbert
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Dang.. NFZ already here next month... the way the weather is right now I suspect it'll be pretty warm.

I'll be there this time but without the car. Not really motivated to bring it knowing I'll be the slowest car there haha.

At minimum I'll bum some rides and let Tommy talk me into a package (although I'm already putting my own parts together so he really doesn't have to talk me into it).

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #58
Ok! I’m back at the shop and mounting those big M/T Radial Pros today to see how they’re going to fit. I got the interior back in the car and got a video sound clip yesterday after I arrived. If there are any interweb genius’s that can post video here..... I can send it to you. It sounds pretty badass to say the least. I have one pic to add before I head out to wrestle those tires. Here’s the new electrical for the fuel pumps, including the dual (Demon) BAP. 95633859-4FA9-4FE5-A4A2-3E4097757E0F.jpeg

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I live vicariously threw maniacs who mod like you guys. Thank you

OP
Marc W

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #60
Woohoo! Off to the tire shop for balance. Jeeez they’re big!! 89068FC4-1A9E-48C4-BA4C-46D7E7FBAEBF.jpeg