Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Some Factory Stock Drag Pak racing from Bristol Thunder Valley

Chunky White

Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I went to the NHRA drags today and thought I would capture a few runs. If only my car would hook up like these do

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Great videos, move down to a 275/60r15 like I have and you'll have zero traction issues, I promise, that's what they are running.

OP
C

Chunky White

Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #3
Great videos, move down to a 275/60r15 like I have and you'll have zero traction issues, I promise, that's what they are running.
If I had found their pits before the end of the day I would have checked them out. I am tempted to go back tomorrow and have a better look around and watch the finals. A local drag shop owner talked to me for a while a few weeks back and mentioned getting down to 17" wheels and is willing to help with any suspension/chassis mods I want to do. If I buy another daily driver I will give him some serious thought. I would hate to have to replace the rear brakes though since I will probably do some autocross also since some of my cousins autocross their cars and I would enjoy participating with them

OP
C

Chunky White

Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #4
How is your gearing compared to the drag pak with a 3 speed and 4.11's? I am just curious because my younger cousin and I were talking about some of the differences in the drag pak versus a regular Hellcat which is a lot. I know there is a lot more difference but gearing, tires and proper suspension are a lot.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Running a demon 3.09, I'm also running a full AAD suspension and HHP racing springs, however I will be getting rid of those and ordering a full set of Demon springs, comes on good advice from a Challenger that runs 7's so I'll take his word. I am going from a 29.5 DBR to a 28" Mickey ET Street R. The effective ratio is very close to a 3.09 (I think 3.04...) So that means it's going to scream at launch. I'm one step away from ditching the adaptive suspension and reaching out to reed or menscer.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
How is your gearing compared to the drag pak with a 3 speed and 4.11's? I am just curious because my younger cousin and I were talking about some of the differences in the drag pak versus a regular Hellcat which is a lot. I know there is a lot more difference but gearing, tires and proper suspension are a lot.
One of the differences that allow those gear ratios is the fact that they are spinning those motors to 9500 rpm. I shift mine at 7000 and I’m running a 3.40 with that same trans.

Last edited:
OP
C

Chunky White

Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #7
I recorded two more runs today. The drag pak was too eager against the COPO which ended up winning the day. I didn't record the finals